Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    LOL I would love to see that. And with Kate's apparent death, it would be great to see her two best friends (who never interacted) find solace in each other's arms. Starchilde and Darkchilde together forever!!!
    They've interacted.

This scan is giving me lesbian vibes...lol

While nothing deep, they were used a few times on the same team in the ResurrXion era

Last edited by Havok83; 07-07-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well, Betsy’s confirm bisexual. But I’ve never thought of her and Rachel together.
    All Claremazons are bi until proven otherwise.

Rachel Summers by Rod Reis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    All Claremazons are bi until proven otherwise.
    Madelyn Pryor wanted the D more than anything, she was willing to sacrifice her son to demons.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Serious question.

Are there any Rachel fans that don’t want her to be queer?
    I don't have a preference for whom she is in a relationship as long as it is healthy and not a stunt TBH. I don't care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Probably someone somewhere wants her to be straight! I always thought it was pretty obvious that she was an in the closet lesbian, she is so awkward in every relationship with guys like she isn't sure why she is with them in the first place! And all the men she is attracted to, there is this suspicion that she is being manipulated:
    • Phoenix essence for Korvus
    • Mesmero messing with her for Kurt
    • Hound Programming making her attracted to Rory Campbell (future Ahab)
    • Who knows what for Sublime, I think he was messing with her, and she chose not to act on the attraction!
    • Fell in love with her best friend Franklin in a concentration camp because they had no one else!

So she has a massive crush on Kitty Pryde, and may have a friends with benefits thing going with Elizabeth right now current!

I think that's pretty much it for Rachel!
    Sublime - he was in a hott body, but I think she was really in it to keep track of him and then usher some deadly blow in retaliation for Jean when I time came
    Franklin - first love. I don't think it had anything to do with the camps.
    Red Lotus - kissing and make-out to keep Selene at bay

Now do I think she should be with Kitty? No, not really. I think her closeness with kitty stems from them being close in age but also Kate Pryde essentially being her adoptive mother and closest friend in 616. We know that due to the trauma in Rachel's life that she has unhealthy attachments to female figures. Kitty and Jean being the most glaring. I would much rather her be with someone like Betsy or Yana if we need to do that.

Otherwise I actually think a Daken - Rachel pairing could be fascinating. Their dad's are doing it, why can't they?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Also, I hope that in the next Marauders we see the ramifications of Kate's death on the greater X-Men. I find it hard to believe that Rachel and Kurt are so "Hmmm whatevs" about her being dead and not enacting vengeance. At minimum I would expect Yana and Rachel be ready to do something.

Fantastic Member

LOL I would love to see that. And with Kate's apparent death, it would be great to see her two best friends (who never interacted) find solace in each other's arms. Starchilde and Darkchilde together forever!!!
    Have you ever read the original New Mutants series? Rachel first appeared in the 616 in that book. Illyana was the first person to greet her. They both were younger and interacted quite a bit in that book.

BANNED

Would be great. I mean both are among my favourite X-Men since the 80s(And was there any X-Woman during that time who did not have strong vibes to at least being bi?). Not to forget seeing Illyana in a relationship^^

"Storm was Jean Grey's maid of honor (due to this weird deal where Jean eventually absorbed the memories of the Phoenix, which is who Storm had actually become good friends with)"

What kind of crap is this? Jean and Ororo were already close BEFORE Phoenix...not only do the backup stories flesh this out, but their emotional "goodbye" on the shuttle when Jean made the decision to try to pilot them safely back to Earth.

NOT TO MENTION, their reunion during Inferno...their mid-air hug, took place before Jean absorbed Madelyne's and Phoenix's memories...and Jean's "I'm the only me there ever was" was a moment of enough significance between then to be referenced again as a "test" after Jean and the others on the Orchis mission were resurrected by The Five.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    "Storm was Jean Grey's maid of honor (due to this weird deal where Jean eventually absorbed the memories of the Phoenix, which is who Storm had actually become good friends with)"

What kind of crap is this? Jean and Ororo were already close BEFORE Phoenix...not only do the backup stories flesh this out, but their emotional "goodbye" on the shuttle when Jean made the decision to try to pilot them safely back to Earth.

NOT TO MENTION, their reunion during Inferno...their mid-air hug, took place before Jean absorbed Madelyne's and Phoenix's memories...and Jean's "I'm the only me there ever was" was a moment of enough significance between then to be referenced again as a "test" after Jean and the others on the Orchis mission were resurrected by The Five.
    yeah people need to stop posting CBR's trash articles

To be fair, them being close friends and saying goodbye emotionally at the shuttle came out of nowhere and didn't make much sense at the time considering Jean wasn't with the X-Men anymore since Storm joined the team. Claremont explained it retroactively on a side-book, and Phoenix was totally the one Storm spent the most time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    To be fair, them being close friends and saying goodbye emotionally at the shuttle came out of nowhere and didn't make much sense at the time considering Jean wasn't with the X-Men anymore since Storm joined the team. Claremont explained it retroactively on a side-book, and Phoenix was totally the one Storm spent the most time with.
    but Jean dated Scott and was still around the X-men during that time. She didnt just disappear. Even if it happened off panel, Jean considering Storm her friend didnt seem completely off because of that

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

While it is true Jean and Storm's friendship was fleshed out by Clarmeont in the Classic X-men backup stories the Phoenix years will always still count and not just because Jean gained the memories in Inferno because in Inferno Jean regained the part of her soul/consciousness that was in the Phoenix body (also the part that went to Maddie). So it is all good (though in write ups they always miss that important part).

As for Rachel.. I loved the scenes in the wedding issue with Rachel and Cable.

I am hoping Rachel gets an important role in X of Swords. We have seen her on one cover so far but it is such a big story I'm sure all the major players will at least get something to do. Who knows maybe Rachel will be in the Cable issue with Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but Jean dated Scott and was still around the X-men during that time. She didnt just disappear. Even if it happened off panel, Jean considering Storm her friend didnt seem completely off because of that
    Yep...plus here in UXM #100, Ororo knows Jean well enough to suss out that this fake Jean's power is weaker than it should be, and she directly references all of the time they've already spent together and confiding in each other

Sorry for the thread derail...just hate when CBR plays sp fast and loose with established facts
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 07-17-2020 at 09:59 AM.