Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

In honor of X-factor. Rachel and Jean.

jeanrachel1.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm really excited for Rachel in X-Factor. Interesting use of her powerset for investigations, some cute pet mom moments, an acknowledgement of her connection with Hope(that hopefully will continue to get explored as the Five appear in this a lot). Her personality also blends well into the team and the humor of the book without feeling OOC. The way her powers are portrayed is a really interesting contrast with Gold. There it was all this talk about how she was super powerful and could feel the power growing and blabla and then she used them for simple things most telepaths INCLUDING HER were already able to do, or worse, she fainted. Here, she actually has a cool power display and is just "What, like it's hard?".

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

jeanrachel1.jpg
    That's really nice! I like how their faces look similar, but more in a "those two are mother and daughter" than a "same face syndrome" kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think what I’ve always enjoyed about Rachel’s character history is her relationships with her fellow female X-Women. Betsy, Rogue, Storm, Lorna, Jubilee, M, sometimes Emma and Magik (I like to think they were in the same social unit with kitty in the Romita Jr./New Mutants days) can be said to be good friends of hers. She’s always had such great dynamics with everyone and has found ways to be tight with everyone. Besides Kitty, who do you think Rachel has great dynamics with? I am so glad her and Lorna’s friendship has resurfaced, and I wonder how she’ll get along with Aurora when she comes back.

Has Rachel ever interacted with Dazzler? I feel like their times on the X-Men interchanged and they really really interacted.
    New Excalibur?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Has Rachel ever interacted with Dazzler? I feel like their times on the X-Men interchanged and they really really interacted.
    NEW MUTANTS #30-31 during the Secret Wars II Crossover is all that comes to mind. When the Ray, Kitty, and Dazzler team up with some of the NMs to go up against the Gladiator ring with whom Dazzler had history...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm really excited for Rachel in X-Factor. Interesting use of her powerset for investigations, some cute pet mom moments, an acknowledgement of her connection with Hope(that hopefully will continue to get explored as the Five appear in this a lot). Her personality also blends well into the team and the humor of the book without feeling OOC. The way her powers are portrayed is a really interesting contrast with Gold. There it was all this talk about how she was super powerful and could feel the power growing and blabla and then she used them for simple things most telepaths INCLUDING HER were already able to do, or worse, she fainted. Here, she actually has a cool power display and is just "What, like it's hard?".

That's really nice! I like how their faces look similar, but more in a "those two are mother and daughter" than a "same face syndrome" kind of way.
    thanks i really appreciate that. I like to have visible age and racial differentiations so i really appreciate that. Most people don't realize the match the goes into art. like rachel's face is six "eyes" (unit of measurement i used.) to make her look more like an older teen and jean face is 7 eyes tall to make her appear like an adult.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NEW MUTANTS #30-31 during the Secret Wars II Crossover is all that comes to mind. When the Ray, Kitty, and Dazzler team up with some of the NMs to go up against the Gladiator ring with whom Dazzler had history...
    This storyline was so exciting because it was one of the few stories where Dazzler, Rachel and Magik interact together!

In terms of friendships, I really love her relationship with Betsy. Everyone always thinks of Kitty when talking about Rachel, but over the last few years Betsy and Rachel have really become great friends. Their powers compliment each other and they can even combine their powers.

I also like Lorna and Rachel every since they starred together in the Emperor Vulcan story.

Storm and Rachel also have a great dynamic. During the X-women only group era, they were at odds with each other, but I am willing to bet that Ororo sees a lot of herself within Rachel in terms of leadership. Auntie Ro is the perfect mentor for Rachel IMO.
    I still wish Rachel has more interaction with Jean. What I want is a RACHEL GREY-SUMMERS one shot where Jean guest stars.

Also, have Rachel and Magik ever interacted? They always seem to swap the best friend role with Kitty.

Fantastic Member

It's like Kitty is Rachel's best friend only when Claremont is writing them or when Illyana's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    It's like Kitty is Rachel's best friend only when Claremont is writing them or when Illyana's dead.
    On the hiearchy, Illyana is Kitty's best friend numero uno. To be fair though Guggs wrote Rachel as her best friend as well although she did take a backseat to Illyana during the wedding

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I dont mind the Rachel and Betsy friendship that started in the XSE days but I didn't like Ray being reduced to a novice/pupil and when she was beaten by viper. I know Viper is skilled in combat but I know Rachel would have been able to at least use her TP/Tk to put up a fight. She kept getting her ass kicked.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

A new friend for Lockheed too? I love Rachels look here.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

jeanrachel1.jpg
    That's great. My only thought is Rachel is technically taller than Jean, but otherwise it's fabu!

GASP! A fairly decently written article on CBR that isn't pure clickbait trash?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That's great. My only thought is Rachel is technically taller than Jean, but otherwise it's fabu!

GASP! A fairly decently written article on CBR that isn't pure clickbait trash?
    Wow that was a refreshing read and great to see that it embodies what I think is most of our hopes for this new book.

Fantastic Member

I've been rereading some of the more newer stuff with Rachel in after completing another reread of Excalibur. After finishing Extermination I have to say I would like to see an arch where Ahab gets his hands on Jean and others for an extended time. Turning them in hounds and Rachel is the only person who can get through to them. I think it would be an interesting switch and allow the others to know just what type of horrors Rachel has had to live through. I know there's barely a chance now as they don't seem to want to have Rachel and Jean talk on panel and Ahab is gone now but it's comics after all I wouldn't be surprised to see another version of him appear at some point.