Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yep...plus here in UXM #100, Ororo knows Jean well enough to suss out that this fake Jean's power is weaker than it should be, and she directly references all of the time they've already spent together and confiding in each other

Sorry for the thread derail...just hate when CBR plays sp fast and loose with established facts
    Damn! You made me reread X-Men #100 again

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Damn! You made me reread X-Men #100 again

I'm not sure if most rachel fans would like this but i was drunk last night and was thinking about resurrection and this popped in my head so i sketched it last night.

I think it could be a good jumping off to a summers family book in my mind and make Rachel a preteen so she can mix it up with Franklyn and Valeria more etc. The gist of the thought was that Rachel left a will to be returned as a preteen if Scott and Jean agreed with it. If not she would have been revived with no memory of the will existing.

rachelwill01.jpg
    rachelwill02.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    As for Rachel.. I loved the scenes in the wedding issue with Rachel and Cable.
    I thought it was great she was included. Although it does prove that Elaine had met Rachel prior to the Christmas issue years later. And it was bittersweet as this was right before Rachel was shipped to the future (the plan being she was supposed to be born but then they nixed that idea by merging Cyke with Poccy).

I am hoping Rachel gets an important role in X of Swords. We have seen her on one cover so far but it is such a big story I'm sure all the major players will at least get something to do. Who knows maybe Rachel will be in the Cable issue with Scott and Jean.
    It's interesting because she's been shown on a few pieces of artwork for the event, but outside that I am concerned she's not going to plan a role (major or not). It's probably the fact that every event comes and when Rachel is concerned she either is sidelined, enslaved, or excluded for <insert reason>. I'm still hopeful I'm wrong, I just think that X-Factor only has one issue, and it seems to be concerned with bringing someone back...so the Supreme 5 vs the main cast. And she could still appear throughout the rest of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not sure if most rachel fans would like this but i was drunk last night and was thinking about resurrection and this popped in my head so i sketched it last night.

I think it could be a good jumping off to a summers family book in my mind and make Rachel a preteen so she can mix it up with Franklyn and Valeria more etc. The gist of the thought was that Rachel left a will to be returned as a preteen if Scott and Jean agreed with it. If not she would have been revived with no memory of the will existing.

rachelwill01.jpg
    rachelwill02.jpg
    I love the idea in theory, I just don't know how they would be able to do it in universe. Most of Rachel's friendships are with people her age or slightly older. So for her to be brought back as a teen with mutants she's trained feels off. And would she have the same power range or be nerfed. But reverting her to an age before Ahab got his hands on her, that would be excellent idea!!

Also, TBH I don't see Jean reacting that way about Rachel. I'm not trying to stoke a debate here as Jean does care about Rachel, but her being that upset doesn't make sense given their history and relationship. Scott might feel that way as he's been more fatherly to her over time, but last time something awful happened to Rachel Jean was only concerned for her son returning. I do think though if Rachel did come back as a pre-teen or teen, Jean would see this as an opportunity to have a much better relationship with Rachel and would become that momma bear for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I thought it was great she was included. Although it does prove that Elaine had met Rachel prior to the Christmas issue years later. And it was bittersweet as this was right before Rachel was shipped to the future (the plan being she was supposed to be born but then they nixed that idea by merging Cyke with Poccy).

It's interesting because she's been shown on a few pieces of artwork for the event, but outside that I am concerned she's not going to plan a role (major or not). It's probably the fact that every event comes and when Rachel is concerned she either is sidelined, enslaved, or excluded for <insert reason>. I'm still hopeful I'm wrong, I just think that X-Factor only has one issue, and it seems to be concerned with bringing someone back...so the Supreme 5 vs the main cast. And she could still appear throughout the rest of the event.

I love the idea in theory, I just don't know how they would be able to do it in universe. Most of Rachel's friendships are with people her age or slightly older. So for her to be brought back as a teen with mutants she's trained feels off. And would she have the same power range or be nerfed. But reverting her to an age before Ahab got his hands on her, that would be excellent idea!!

Also, TBH I don't see Jean reacting that way about Rachel. I'm not trying to stoke a debate here as Jean does care about Rachel, but her being that upset doesn't make sense given their history and relationship. Scott might feel that way as he's been more fatherly to her over time, but last time something awful happened to Rachel Jean was only concerned for her son returning. I do think though if Rachel did come back as a pre-teen or teen, Jean would see this as an opportunity to have a much better relationship with Rachel and would become that momma bear for her.
    I was thinking Rachel would come back more powerful as ahab never got his hands on her. Thereby her telekinesis, telepathy, and her ability to cast herself or others into an astral form across time would be in tact. I definitely agree on the regular Jean wouldn't be the most torn up over rachel but i went with it as more of a follow up to her genuine concern in X-men Red when Cassandra Nova had her claws in Rachel and Jean only trusted Storm to "catch her"

I also thought it would be an interesting way to put her destiny with Franklin back on track being that she would return at that age. It would definitely be weird with the x-men at first but i think most would welcome her "Second chance". And she would still have connections with some of the x-men as they practically raised her in another life. The last panel was Jean touching minds with Rachel and Scott to fill her in on some things about her current situation.

I too also think Jean would jump at the opportunity to do right by rachel and i wanted it to come off like a win/win situation. If they declined Rachel would not have been uploaded with the memory of the will and would have just continued on as normal.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

art by Magickmarker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was thinking Rachel would come back more powerful as ahab never got his hands on her. Thereby her telekinesis, telepathy, and her ability to cast herself or others into an astral form across time would be in tact. I definitely agree on the regular Jean wouldn't be the most torn up over rachel but i went with it as more of a follow up to her genuine concern in X-men Red when Cassandra Nova had her claws in Rachel and Jean only trusted Storm to "catch her"

I also thought it would be an interesting way to put her destiny with Franklin back on track being that she would return at that age. It would definitely be weird with the x-men at first but i think most would welcome her "Second chance". And she would still have connections with some of the x-men as they practically raised her in another life. The last panel was Jean touching minds with Rachel and Scott to fill her in on some things about her current situation.

I too also think Jean would jump at the opportunity to do right by rachel and i wanted it to come off like a win/win situation. If they declined Rachel would not have been uploaded with the memory of the will and would have just continued on as normal.
    I agree if there was one summer to be de aged it should Rachel. Most of her characterization has been if an quick tempered teenager with abandonment issues but it make her but it ll make her resemble hope too much. Cuz prettty much hope was a rip off of Rachel’s characterization.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I agree if there was one summer to be de aged it should Rachel. Most of her characterization has been if an quick tempered teenager with abandonment issues but it make her but it ll make her resemble hope too much. Cuz prettty much hope was a rip off of Rachel’s characterization.
    Yeah I would say Hope was a solid mix of Jean and Rachel. A lot of Rachel's background and initial temperament, which heavy doses of "Is she really Jean" for a while. So having ANOTHER teenage red-head might be problematic. Also even Teen Jean drew from Rachel's story in some respects (powerful teen out of time, emotional distraught learning about what is going on, failure to reach out to existing family, etc)

In other news, X of Swords is inching closer and closer. I know Rachel has been shown on two pieces of artwork initially holding a sword, but should we be concerned that X-Factor only has one tie-in and in the FCBD issue the final tarot card has 10 players with swords and she's not one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah I would say Hope was a solid mix of Jean and Rachel. A lot of Rachel's background and initial temperament, which heavy doses of "Is she really Jean" for a while. So having ANOTHER teenage red-head might be problematic. Also even Teen Jean drew from Rachel's story in some respects (powerful teen out of time, emotional distraught learning about what is going on, failure to reach out to existing family, etc)

In other news, X of Swords is inching closer and closer. I know Rachel has been shown on two pieces of artwork initially holding a sword, but should we be concerned that X-Factor only has one tie-in and in the FCBD issue the final tarot card has 10 players with swords and she's not one of them?
    It's probably not a good sign for her role in the crossover, but if it means that X-Factor goes back to developing its own stories I'm fine with it. I always get nervous about recently launched books catering to a crossover event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It's probably not a good sign for her role in the crossover, but if it means that X-Factor goes back to developing its own stories I'm fine with it. I always get nervous about recently launched books catering to a crossover event.
    She seems to have reasonably established her place in the general scheme of things even before the crossover, so it doesn't really concern me if she's not a big part of that event.

Excalibur and X-Men are only really a few issues in and she's shown up a few times as a supporting character in both of those. After X-Factor, she'll probably have even more prominence.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

David Baldeón posted the full size lilXFaqtor Rachel Summers
    https://twitter.com/david_baldeon/st...45383284785153
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    David Baldeón posted the full size lilXFaqtor Rachel Summers
    https://twitter.com/david_baldeon/st...45383284785153
    I love this look though I'm not completely sold on the poofy pants. Red is definitely Rachel's colors (though I also loved her black and gold look when she had the blue phoenix from years ago). The character always looks great with fire effects.

Just wondering, so there’s two Rachel’s?

In excalibur 75 she got split into two people.

Mother Askani
    And the Rachel we know

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Just wondering, so there’s two Rachel’s?

In excalibur 75 she got split into two people.

Mother Askani
    And the Rachel we know
    It's complicated, she was lost in time and space, and in that period she was lost in infinite, infinite moments in time! So perhaps she lived a life as Mother Askani, and then upon Death she was resurrected like the daughter of the Phoenix she is, but restored to the time stream again! It wasn't until Gaunt extracted her from the time stream to use as bait for Cable that we have the Rachel we know now! That makes sense of course, because even in his prison at the end of time Gaunt had access to some of the greatest technology ever created so he was able to detect, extract, and imprison Rachel!

When Cable brought Rachel back to the present, she had vague impressions and flashbacks of being Mother Askani! That is because the part of her that had lived as Mother Askani ascended to become one with her followers to act as a goddess figure able to commune with those of her followers who could meditate and reach out to her! When Rachel was taken back to the Askani future by Stryfe after she was turned back into a hound, Mother Askani's consciousness was able to connect with Rachel and wake up Rachel's mind! In the process of doing this, Mother Askani let Rachel have all the memories of being Mother Askani! Mother Askani still exists separate from Rachel, but more of a memory of Mother Askani that remained as part of all of her telepathic followers!

So the answer is complicated, they are separate, but they are also not separate! They are divergences in time, but still linked to each other across time!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”