Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I always thought that the fire effect or her fiery wing looked great. The initial concept being how closely linked Rachel and the PF were, it made sense to see her having flames extend from her. I still think it would look nice, and I certainly don't think she needs the crutch of the PF to show power like that.
    hehe, I love that you took the grumpy Rachel as your avatar
    I was thinking of doing that too!
    She's so cute when she's grumpy!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Serious question.

Are there any Rachel fans that don’t want her to be queer?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I always thought that the fire effect or her fiery wing looked great. The initial concept being how closely linked Rachel and the PF were, it made sense to see her having flames extend from her. I still think it would look nice, and I certainly don't think she needs the crutch of the PF to show power like that.
    I'm shallow enough not to care why she's got the fiery wings 'anima display,' so long as she has it! It's just visually awesome, and whether it's telepathically generated (and therefore mostly a psychic illusion) or created somehow by her telekinetic powers (agitating molecules to create fiery plasma) or some lingering remnant of her Phoenix Force ties, it's all good to me.

I also love the energy wings displays of characters like Firehawk (from DC) or Songbird (from the Thunderbolts), so I'm just a sucker for that visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Serious question.

Probably someone somewhere wants her to be straight! I always thought it was pretty obvious that she was an in the closet lesbian, she is so awkward in every relationship with guys like she isn't sure why she is with them in the first place! And all the men she is attracted to, there is this suspicion that she is being manipulated:
    • Phoenix essence for Korvus
    • Mesmero messing with her for Kurt
    • Hound Programming making her attracted to Rory Campbell (future Ahab)
    • Who knows what for Sublime, I think he was messing with her, and she chose not to act on the attraction!
    • Fell in love with her best friend Franklin in a concentration camp because they had no one else!

So she has a massive crush on Kitty Pryde, and may have a friends with benefits thing going with Elizabeth right now current!

I think that's pretty much it for Rachel!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Probably someone somewhere wants her to be straight! I always thought it was pretty obvious that she was an in the closet lesbian, she is so awkward in every relationship with guys like she isn't sure why she is with them in the first place! And all the men she is attracted to, there is this suspicion that she is being manipulated:
    • Phoenix essence for Korvus
    • Mesmero messing with her for Kurt
    • Hound Programming making her attracted to Rory Campbell (future Ahab)
    • Who knows what for Sublime, I think he was messing with her, and she chose not to act on the attraction!
    • Fell in love with her best friend Franklin in a concentration camp because they had no one else!

So she has a massive crush on Kitty Pryde, and may have a friends with benefits thing going with Elizabeth right now current!

I think that's pretty much it for Rachel!
    Wait?! What with Betsy now??? Where was that hinted at?!?

BANNED

Serious question.

Yes, Me! You are cool with my wants, no?

yeah none of her relationships with men never made much sense nor did she have any chemistry with them. They might as well have her come out

Extraordinary Member

Was she with anybody when she was Mother Askani?

I only remember her being close to Tanya Trask (Sanctity)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah none of her relationships with men never made much sense nor did she have any chemistry with them. They might as well have her come out
    From the start, she has been a loner… and then a good friend and teamate.
    That picture of hard-boiled woman sticks with her and it makes difficult to see her as a vulnerable and emotional woman.
    It seems to me that authors don't know to handle her libido… and then sometimes it looks that she doesn't have one.
    You can imagine that her relationships with women are close friendships or more than that.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Wait?! What with Betsy now??? Where was that hinted at?!?
    I don't see any evidence for it past a fan wanting it, as Betsy isn't even around Rachel, she's off with Excalibur so not sure how that was supposed to work...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't see any evidence for it past a fan wanting it, as Betsy isn't even around Rachel, she's off with Excalibur so not sure how that was supposed to work...
    Not true. Rachel's made appearances in Excalibur

The Krakoa gates make it such that they can be galaxies apart and still interact whenever they want

Ultimate Member

I feel like I've waited all my life for Rachel and Ilyanna to drop 'best friend' Kitty like a hot potato and go off on hawt lesbionic adventures together.

But the right writing could get me interested in a straight Rachel, if only it was a deliciously scandalous older Rachel with a grown-up Franklin Richards, several years from now.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not true. Rachel's made appearances in Excalibur

The Krakoa gates make it such that they can be galaxies apart and still interact whenever they want
    Well, Betsy’s confirm bisexual. But I’ve never thought of her and Rachel together.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that it's been confirmed, it was like one issue with Cluster from a writer wanting to make his team as diverse as possible so a stunt, who now no longer exists and was a part of someone that she already had feelings for, and there's been nothing since, so more people reading more into it than what is there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like I've waited all my life for Rachel and Ilyanna to drop 'best friend' Kitty like a hot potato and go off on hawt lesbionic adventures together.
    LOL I would love to see that. And with Kate's apparent death, it would be great to see her two best friends (who never interacted) find solace in each other's arms. Starchilde and Darkchilde together forever!!!