Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    For real! After the shitshow that 2018-2019 were for her she is owed more than a cameo as the "goth and edgy daughter" we've seen.

And no, I do not recognize the code name she has now as it is something from Guggenheim. So we don't need that name in the title of this thread.
    Agreed I want Marvel to give her more of a push than they have been. Put her on the X-Corp team and have her investigate deaths/dissapearances. Considering her history as a hound that should be interesting.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have to admit...I want to see her either on a solid team...a wave 2 book perhaps or, better yet, in the Marauders as part of either Red or White but...It would be an absolute coup if...
    She joins the Black.
    I don't see Sebastian staying Black King for long and if Selene takes the mantle...well...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have to admit...I want to see her either on a solid team...a wave 2 book perhaps or, better yet, in the Marauders as part of either Red or White but...It would be an absolute coup if...
    She joins the Black.
    I don't see Sebastian staying Black King for long and if Selene takes the mantle...well...
    I mean I'm here for her joining a steady cast. As it is I'm not anticipating her playing any role in the upcoming space drama with the Shi'ar, which is a HUGE opportunity and exposure loss for her and readers.

As for Marauders, I don't think I see her joining the main cast at this time. With Emma being the TP of the book, it would be nice to have the fire power but I don't see her in this role. Kurt is better suited for the book. I do think that the Knight Role under Kitty should be hers or Magiks (less on Yana as she's already starring in a book), but I think they are going to keep the roles in the current cast.

But being the Black Knight under Selene, I don't know if either of them would want that, and I don't see Rachel accepting that unless two things transpire:
    1) She is ordered by the Council to do so
    2) Either she makes her own shielding to the power and strength we've seen from her in the past (aka when it was strongest and not Phoenix enforced a la WatX) or Xavier - Jean - QQ all place safeguards in her mind

We haven't seen her in any capacity to know if she is really drinking the kool-aid/purple stuff and therefore should not be trusted, especially for Rachel who is one of her few, oldest, and strongest enemies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know. Just wishful thinking on my part, given their history and my love and appreciation for both.
    Her appearance so far (In X-Men 01 and 02) seemed to be somewhat...removed from the general Krakoa Uphoria so...she may not want stick around for much longer, even at the Summer House. (And we are yet to see spotlight on characters who don't want to be a part of Krakoa)
    Her best bet would be an off-island book...perhaps X-Corp?...fingers crossed...if ever they do that book.

Still...having Storm, Selene, Emma, Kate and Rachel all in one book would have been cosmically and gloriously divine!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know. Just wishful thinking on my part, given their history and my love and appreciation for both.
    Her appearance so far (In X-Men 01 and 02) seemed to be somewhat...removed from the general Krakoa Uphoria so...she may not want stick around for much longer, even at the Summer House. (And we are yet to see spotlight on characters who don't want to be a part of Krakoa)
    Her best bet would be an off-island book...perhaps X-Corp?...fingers crossed...if ever they do that book.

Still...having Storm, Selene, Emma, Kate and Rachel all in one book would have been cosmically and gloriously divine!
    I would read that 100% just for that cast alone. That. Add some Rogue in there and you have the 80's X-females (villains and heroes) all in one book.

Fantastic Member

I should have realized the start of a new year meant the start of a new thread. Some wonderful examples of Rachel at the start and some good points being made. My optimism is dying for Rachel's use this year, so with the last couple of posts suggesting places and rosters for her lets get some fantasy going. Assuming you could assemble your own book and cast and assuming Rachel is apart of it. Who would you place on the team. Lets have some limits to. Your allowed only one other family member and a cast up to seven characters. Also feel free to mention what your first story arch would be about. Let's keep it to X-Men characters as well. Let's not have her joining the Avengers or something... though I have advocated for that in the past.

In light of Anya Taylor Joy’s incarnation of Magik, I’m fancasting Maya Hawke as Rachel Summers.

6508805B-5A97-4E54-9C5B-285076AA1B6B.jpg

Ray was in Excalibur today.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ray was in Excalibur today.
    I usually don't buy Excalibur, what did she do?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I usually don't buy Excalibur, what did she do?
    She had made appearances in previous issues as a disguised spirit guide. A fiery hound. This weeks issue revealed that Gambit had asked Rachel to reach out to Rogue’s dreamscape, and the fire-dog shape was Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    She had made appearances in previous issues as a disguised spirit guide. A fiery hound. This weeks issue revealed that Gambit had asked Rachel to reach out to Rogue’s dreamscape, and the fire-dog shape was Rachel.

That sounds pretty cool

Thank you.

I really miss Rachel in Excalibur, really really miss her

RCO1.jpg

I forgot to ask, What was the other time she appeared as this hound on this book?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I forgot to ask, What was the other time she appeared as this hound on this book?
    Issue 2, to Betsy.
    Issue 4, to Rogue.
    Issue 5, to Rogue.

I actually wouldn’t mind Rachel being their guy-in-the-chair. If Excalibur DOES end up going cross-time, Betsy’s going to need a strong psi back home to ground her to 616.

Holy cow really!!!!