Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVED this one and done. And this costume.
    Selene UXM 189 01.jpg
    Rachel 02.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

IMO that was horrible. Romita JR was not a good artist for designing costume as all of the ones he created in this era were ugly. Rachel tended to get the worst of them

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVED this one and done. And this costume.
    Selene UXM 189 01.jpg
    Rachel 02.jpg
    Would have been a nice alternative to the constant danskins she wore in her pre-Phoenix days.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMO that was horrible. Romita JR was not a good artist for designing costume as all of the ones he created in this era were ugly. Rachel tended to get the worst of them
    Agreed. Like that was just awful. Honestly I wasn't even a big fan of her Phoenix costume from 199, but then Arthur Adams came along for the Asgardian crossover and I fell in love with it (and him).

I'm re-reading Emperor Vulcan and Kingbreaker and Rachel looked awesome with the blue Phoenix effect. I can only accept the phoenix with Jean or Rachel (and maybe Quire). I wonder if the phoenix blade is used in X of Swords if it will still have its power (in Kingbreaker when Rachel lost the phoenix echo the phoenix also left the phoenix blade).

Fantastic Member

I hope Rachel gets a fragment of the Phoenix again. The blue Phoenix effects looks good on her.

The first comic I ever read with Rachel in it was Thor issue 427. As a kid I thought she was wearing some sort of mask. At the time I didn't know who Kitty or Meggan were. It was my introduction to Excalibur as a whole. Something made me think of that issue today so I had to track it down on the web. I remembered that Rachel looked so cool and I recalled Kitty defeating Thor/Juggernaut, so I went to google to try to determine which issue it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm re-reading Emperor Vulcan and Kingbreaker and Rachel looked awesome with the blue Phoenix effect. I can only accept the phoenix with Jean or Rachel (and maybe Quire). I wonder if the phoenix blade is used in X of Swords if it will still have its power (in Kingbreaker when Rachel lost the phoenix echo the phoenix also left the phoenix blade).
    1) Yes I loved the blue Phoenix look for Rachel, and her X-Jammers outfit was one of my favorites.
    2) That is the theory at this point. The blade Rachel wields in the promo art resembles the Blade of Rooksh'ir so it's likely that blade. Given Korvus can't really lift it well now it's likely sitting on someone's wall. I would be interested in seeing her interact with Korvus, take his blade, and say toodles.

Fantastic Member

I was so annoyed that it was Havok up against Vulcan and not Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    I was so annoyed that it was Havok up against Vulcan and not Rachel.
    It made sense to me because it was brother vs brother, and I think that multiple times in the three series before War of Kings Rachel showed how badass she was against Vulcan and his cronies in these ways:
    1) Pulling Darwin out of him. Like straight up telepathically and telekinetically pulled Darwin OUTTA HIM
    2) Redirecting Vulcan's powerhouse attacks at the end of RAFotSE
    3) Being able to hide from and fool Kallark with Lilandra (her BA bomber jacket which I wish she still had)
    4) Essentially running the X-jammers with Corsair dead, and most of the crew captured.
    5) Taking on Kallark head to head in space
    6) Taking out the Shi'ar space army... solo.... (I'm convinced this sequence was stolen from this book and then used for the Captain Marvel movie)

These are some of the reasons why Rachel can lead, and could do well in space. But as soon as War of Kings happened she was downgraded and became the Reload Rachel (I'm a powerful noob that can't do anything right and just sad)

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It took me a second...but this is a very emotional drawing when you think about Rachel's history as a hound.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Looks like Rachel dipped in Emma's closet

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I wish she would team up with Korvus again. They were awesome together.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Looks like Rachel dipped in Emma's closet

It was based on Chris Bachalo's early designs of her. It was even before Emma wore that outfit.

tumblr_mf94p6EBwg1qc63ooo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mf94p6EBwg1qc63ooo1_1280.jpg