Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

idk if its too early but. we need to talk about today's excalibur

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Here's the official description for the Darkhold TPB:

"Darkhold sees Doctor Doom unearth the ancient Darkhold, a text written by the elder god Chthon, and unintentionally opening a passageway for Chthon to return to our dimension. To stop him, the Scarlet Witch recruits five heroes-Iron Man, Wasp (Janet), Black Bolt, Spider-Man (Peter), and Blade. To enter Chthon's dimension and fight him, the heroes must read from the Darkhold, which drives them insane."
    Interesting. Well that is definitely Rachel regardless as Deadpool is also on that cover but not listed in the 5 heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    idk if its too early but. we need to talk about today's excalibur
    I haven't read yet but I saw an image of her in her classic Excalibur garb online so I assume she has a cameo via flashback story.

its not a huge part but I'd say noteworthy

its not a huge part but I'd say noteworthy
    Technically it's after 9am ETD so you should be fine. If you want to throw some spoiler posts around them I'd love to read what's up.

spoilers:
    so the conceit of the issue is Jamie builds an offshoot reality to create more Captain Britains because.. I guess hes just an agent of chaos. but anyways the "gaps" are filled with Betsy's thoughts/insecurities/etc. because its built around her and in this reality we see Rachel telekinetically piloting a marauders-style ship w/ Kate where the subtext is very heavily leaning towards them dating.
    end of spoilers

All in all its a fun bite-sized moment , maybe not enough to warrant picking up the issue if you weren't going to already but its something to tide us over till X-Factor

spoilers:
    so the conceit of the issue is Jamie builds an offshoot reality to create more Captain Britains because.. I guess hes just an agent of chaos. but anyways the "gaps" are filled with Betsy's thoughts/insecurities/etc. because its built around her and in this reality we see Rachel telekinetically piloting a marauders-style ship w/ Kate where the subtext is very heavily leaning towards them dating.
    end of spoilers

All in all its a fun bite-sized moment , maybe not enough to warrant picking up the issue if you weren't going to already but its something to tide us over till X-Factor
    spoilers:
    I really loved how Marcus To drew Rachel's OG Excalibur outift and Phoenix power signature. Too bad it was just an alternate reality created by Jamie.
    end of spoilers

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! It was a nice touch...but nothing to get moist over.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

New X-Factor line up picture by David Baldeon

I love how grumpy Rachel looks in this, she's so cute when she's mad!

https://twitter.com/david_baldeon/st...29670505762817
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Dustin Weaver

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Dustin Weaver
    I wish Rachel gets a fragment of the force again... she looks majestic with the force visuals. Besides, she was the most competent host of them all.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Dustin Weaver
    Rachel looks amazing - I wish she kept the Flame Effect always

Ultimate Member

It'd be cool if the fiery wings graphic just sort of appeared as a telepathic display, like Psylocke's butterflies, and didn't have anything to do with her current connection (or lack thereof) to the Phoenix force.

Indeed, I wouldn't mind a few other psychics having that sort of thing. Charles and Jean never have, but someone new might have the appearance of green energy tendrils like a kraken's tentacles, or vipers lashing out at someone they are mentally attacking, or something cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It'd be cool if the fiery wings graphic just sort of appeared as a telepathic display, like Psylocke's butterflies, and didn't have anything to do with her current connection (or lack thereof) to the Phoenix force.

Indeed, I wouldn't mind a few other psychics having that sort of thing. Charles and Jean never have, but someone new might have the appearance of green energy tendrils like a kraken's tentacles, or vipers lashing out at someone they are mentally attacking, or something cool like that.
    I also wish she always had flames like she recently did in Excalibur. She doesn't need to have a fragment of the Phoenix (I liked her with the Phoenix but I guess right now it's not going to happen), but she should have that energy signature. Blue flames also worked.

Telepathic vipers for a character would be super cool.

I like to see my telepaths with different colors. Emma, Charles and the Cuckoos cold blue (maybe Charles can have a yellow aura, too?), Jean pink with pink raptor, Psylocke purple with butterflies, Rachel fiery flames, Exodus with vibrant orange, Selene dark colors or black.

Rachel as Phoenix by Rod Reis.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]98451[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I always thought that the fire effect or her fiery wing looked great. The initial concept being how closely linked Rachel and the PF were, it made sense to see her having flames extend from her. I still think it would look nice, and I certainly don't think she needs the crutch of the PF to show power like that.