Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Rachel fans, I need your help with something:
    Do you consider Rachel omega level? (Was she in the hoxpox list?)
    Do you consider Nate Grey omega? And who would potentially win a battle if Rachel didn't have the Phoenix?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Do you consider Nate Grey omega? And who would potentially win a battle if Rachel didn't have the Phoenix?
    1- She was an omega before but not anymore. She wasn't on Hickman's list but neither was Nate Grey
    2-Nate was also an omega, I would give Nate the edge.

1. Rachel isn’t and shouldn’t be Omega. Honestly Jean shouldn’t be either, but that ship’s sailed.
    2. Nate Grey was genetically designed to maximize his psychic mutant talent. He’d win, clumsily.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Do I consider her omega, yes. Was she, yes. Is she now, no. I do think that she should be an omega for telekinetics but that's me. I dislike that Exodus is given he's only an omega through Celestial tech. enhancements.

Do I consider Nate an omega, yes he was designed to be so. It all comes down to what version we're discussing. If we say the best version of Rachel fought the best version of Nate (funny, they have NEVER spoken on panel before btw) I would say that Nate would barely win as he was designed to be the best. Rachel would give one hella battle and maybe she would best him, but as much as I dislike him Nate would likely win through shear luck.

Very interesting, I think the clumsily comment is right, he isnt techniqued or skilled, he's just powerful, but no one ever taught him.
    Rachel had time in the future to perfect her power even more but she did have the Phoenix at that point.

Very interesting, I think the clumsily comment is right, he isnt techniqued or skilled, he's just powerful, but no one ever taught him.
    Rachel had time in the future to perfect her power even more but she did have the Phoenix at that point.
    Technically Rachel was one of the first Omegas. The ultimate combination of Jean Grey and Scott Summers and the unlimited potential of their children. Cable is an Omega too, but he expends massive amounts of his own TK to keep the transmode virus under his control in his body so he has limited use of his powers because he is using his abilities constantly to manipulate and control the transmode virus.

Rachel, Nathan, and Nate all have similar potential power levels.

I understand that Hickman is streamlining things and there isn't much I can do about the current definition. Rachel is pretty much a peripheral character in the current run, and look Tini even thinks that Rachel's character would identify herself as a hound, so the writers all still want Rachel to be a hound, something I utterly hate.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Rachel is pretty much a peripheral character in the current run, and look Tini even thinks that Rachel's character would identify herself as a hound, so the writers all still want Rachel to be a hound, something I utterly hate.
    She resembled a Shepherd to me. Not sure why smart authors and editors haven’t suggested that as a viable new codename.

BANNED

Rachel is a pokemon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I understand that Hickman is streamlining things and there isn't much I can do about the current definition. Rachel is pretty much a peripheral character in the current run, and look Tini even thinks that Rachel's character would identify herself as a hound, so the writers all still want Rachel to be a hound, something I utterly hate.
    And I hoped we did get rid of that after the last Story with her being mindcontrolled back into a hound

BANNED

rachel is an overdramatic fiery furry, we stan the superior offspring

Fantastic Member

maybe she can use it like a direwolf., use it in destroying her enemies

Fantastic Member

I saw some previews for the upcoming X-Men Fantastic Four event. Looks like Franklin is going to be the heart of it as everybody thought. What's more upsetting is there is a panel with him and Kitty that will be heartbreaking for us Rachel fans. How they can do a crossover with the Fantastic Four and not feature Rachel, especially when it is concerning Franklin and what looks like his future is mystifying and insulting to those who have followed the X-Men for years.

Fantastic Member

Well Kitty kinda did it before when she took teenage Scott and Jeen away from the X-Men and Rachel. Like WTF Kitty, they are your best friend's parents

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I saw some previews for the upcoming X-Men Fantastic Four event. Looks like Franklin is going to be the heart of it as everybody thought. What's more upsetting is there is a panel with him and Kitty that will be heartbreaking for us Rachel fans. How they can do a crossover with the Fantastic Four and not feature Rachel, especially when it is concerning Franklin and what looks like his future is mystifying and insulting to those who have followed the X-Men for years.
    Because all of Rachel's history is fair game to give to other characters. I don't find it heartbreaking, I just don't understand why he is so "OMG Kitty". I didn't think they were close at all since I don't ever remember them interacting on panel together. But the reality is that Franklin barely knows Rachel. They have met maybe 3-4 times max. And mostly in the Days of Future Present storyline. It would be nice for Rachel to play a part, but that would require writers caring to incorporate her and acknowledge her. Not happening at the moment outside of Excalibur.

X-4 should’ve ended with an exchange of hostages. Franklin tries a summer in Krakoa, Rachel gets a job as Reed’s lab assistant.