Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Is she still dating Nightcrawler, or has that run it's course, and she's on the prowl LOL
    The writer states she sees Rachel as a soft butch lesbian. I don’t think the blushing she did when she saw Aurora naked will be brushed over.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Is she still dating Nightcrawler, or has that run it's course, and she's on the prowl LOL
    Mesmero was messing with Rachel and pushed her to date Kurt because she was trying to hurt the X-Men in a variety of ways! Once she was free of Mesmero's influence, Rachel gave Kurt the "just friends" speech and said she wasn't sure if any of the feelings were hers or Mesmero's messing with her mind to create emotions that weren't there! So they broke up and never got back together! Rachel went back to pining for Kitty as usual!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Mesmero was messing with Rachel and pushed her to date Kurt because she was trying to hurt the X-Men in a variety of ways! Once she was free of Mesmero's influence, Rachel gave Kurt the "just friends" speech and said she wasn't sure if any of the feelings were hers or Mesmero's messing with her mind to create emotions that weren't there! So they broke up and never got back together! Rachel went back to pining for Kitty as usual!
    I'm with you until the "pining for Kitty" bit. I don't think she has pined for anyone post-Kurt. Her friendship with Kitty in Gold was almost laughable, as Kitty was written like a leader who consulted with peers but seldom thought of them as friends. On page Kitty and Rachel have not interacted since Extermination when she and Kitty were discussing plans on stopping Ahab and figuring out who killed Cable. So while the reference in Marauders to her an Yana at Kitty's funeral was great, they haven't done anything together in two years on page. But to the point I think she's over Kitty.

And yes I know, "things happen off-panel", but again we shouldn't have to always assume that things happen off panel if they stopped happening on panel....like searching for Rachel when she was a hound that Kitty and everyone didn't even do.....

Fantastic Member

Some good moments today in X-Factor and Marauders for Rachel. Any thoughts? Her cameo in the potential game changer Marauders today was excellent and left me thinking of just the relationship between her and Kitty. I really enjoyed in X-Factor; the throw back to the hound was a nice touch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would love for Rachel to have a rematch with Mesmero. It was baffling that a telepath in her level would be a victim by petty character like him. I hated the way they downplayed her character. I’m glad the current writer in xfactor have a better handle of her character. She can be flawed but not be everyone’s punching bag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I would love for Rachel to have a rematch with Mesmero. It was baffling that a telepath in her level would be a victim by petty character like him. I hated the way they downplayed her character. I’m glad the current writer in xfactor have a better handle of her character. She can be flawed but not be everyone’s punching bag.
    Before Guggenheim got his horrible hands on Rachel she kicked butt. She’s beaten baby Xavier. She beat Thor, the god of Thunder. Guggenheim has her controled by Mesmero, but he made the whole team idiots because Kitty was the only character he liked. Poor Rachel was still a mess and didn’t get her mind and mental strength back until the Mother Askani fixed her and restored her Phoenix powers. Since then she has the fiery power signature and sometimes talks in the Phoenix bubbles. Loved how she curb stomped Stryfe’s goons and Stryfe himself.

Rachel does not have access to the Phoenix Force. Every thing she is doing is of her own self

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel does not have access to the Phoenix Force. Every thing she is doing is of her own self
    I think it’s more in reference to how her power signature and current portrayal are very reminiscent of when she wield the Phoenix force.

She did really love Kurt. Come on now. That attraction has been there forever. Rachel May have been concerned it was all mesmero but it wasn’t. Also, Rachel has never pined for Kitty. Lol.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 09-10-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Some good moments today in X-Factor and Marauders for Rachel. Any thoughts? Her cameo in the potential game changer Marauders today was excellent and left me thinking of just the relationship between her and Kitty. I really enjoyed in X-Factor; the throw back to the hound was a nice touch.
    A very sapphic issue and Rachel was THERE!

Ray's posture in those panels of MARAUDERS reminded me of one of my favorite classic casual moments in EXCALIBUR...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-11-2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added EXCALIBUR reference

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    100%. And I think it's a better showing that they aren't related to the PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I think it’s more in reference to how her power signature and current portrayal are very reminiscent of when she wield the Phoenix force.
    I agree that some of the imagery reminds me of Excalibur Rachel and WatX Rachel, Wallstreeter made it sound more like she was accessing the Phoenix Force again, which has not been the case since RaFotSE/Kingbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    She did really love Kurt. Come on now. That attraction has been there forever. Rachel May have been concerned it was all mesmero but it wasn’t. Also, Rachel has never pined for Kitty. Lol.
    Rachel does love Kurt in some respect, I just don't know if she was fully in love with him. And the attraction only started in Uncanny X-Men Reload after she came back from the future. It was non-existent prior to that as he was her Fuzzy Elf and uncle.

And yes, she really never pinned for Kitty. I think part of the issue that Rachel viewed her Kate Pryde as almost a stand-in mother for her prior to coming to 616, so there is a strong bond due to age and circumstance to this Kitty Pryde. While Rachel has always had a more lesbian look, Kitty has been the one that has been more queer leaning in terms of her relationship with women.

Yeah, people keep saying.. don’t you know what Claremont said. I just laugh. He’s my fave writer. I know what he said. Yes, he wanted Kitty and Rachel together. No one denies it. All I ever said was eventually you have to show it on page in 616. We got it in an alt universe on page from CC. Again, not his fault allegedly they wouldn’t let him do it on page in 616. Could Duggan be hinting at something happening in the future? Quite possibly. But assuming he is able to get to it.l before a reboot. Remains to be seen.

Duggan is the type who I believe would make it not as messy. Kitty would make sure Kurt was okay with it. As would Rachel. Before anything happens.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Ray's posture in those panels of MARAUDERS reminded me of one of my favorite classic casual moments in EXCALIBUR...
    Thigh high boots is a must for Rachel 😎

Fantastic Member

Rachel and Kitty together is as gross as Rachel with Kurt. Both were like her aunt and uncle in DOFP

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Storm, Kurt, Magik... all got big reunion hug moments. Rachel got a polite look from across the room and a whisper of her name. WTF.