Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Then the problem is the artist and not really the characters power set. Having Rachel manifest a fiery telepathic sword or spear would be enough to differentiate her from her mother's Powerpuff girl pink signature according to your logic.
    Yes, I agree, it's just what I'm saying, that if the writers and artists tried harder to differentiate them visually, we would see them more times together.

They could give her a psimitar, for example.

Fantastic Member

Well at least Rachel still calls Jean "Mom"

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Well at least Rachel still calls Jean "Mom"
    I will admit, I get somewhat giddy when I see Rachel and her family connection.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'm glad to see that the characters on the cover of XoS: Creation were actually involved in the issue! A lot of people were doubtful, but Rachel played her part!

When Saturnyne caught her and Cable prying, she addressed Rachel in a non-familiar way. I don't know that much about the original Excalibur series, but they must know each other, no?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I'm glad to see that the characters on the cover of XoS: Creation were actually involved in the issue! A lot of people were doubtful, but Rachel played her part!

When Saturnyne caught her and Cable prying, she addressed Rachel in a non-familiar way. I don't know that much about the original Excalibur series, but they must know each other, no?
    I didn't get the impression that Sat knew the people she was communicating with.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I didn't get the impression that Sat knew the people she was communicating with.
    I'm going to assume she did know (again, I'm wondering whether she has interacted with Rachel in the past) because she is carefully laying out pieces and gave Rachel and Cable the information about that S.W.O.R.D. power core. She gave off the impression that she had some sort of idea about everything going on.

Astonishing Member

I'm going to assume she did know (again, I'm wondering whether she has interacted with Rachel in the past) because she is carefully laying out pieces and gave Rachel and Cable the information about that S.W.O.R.D. power core. She gave off the impression that she had some sort of idea about everything going on.
    True. Since Cyclops was the only person who seemed to know what Cable and Rachel saw.

After seeing Swords of X, I support Rachel teaming up with Cable more frequently.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    One problem the two have is that you have to deliberately match the two because they have pretty much the same powerset. In that sense, if you want to move the plot forward while the two collaborate, it has to be for a very specific reason. That is why when they coincide it is usually in circumstances where their powers are irrelevant, such as the X-Men Gold wedding or the Summers House dinner.

It would be dope if in a plot their different personalities complement each other to use telepathy in different ways.
    They do have similar powers but that doesn’t stop Emma from having great interactions with her cuckoos. I wish writers would give Rachel the opportunities to develop a distinct rapport with Jean. It would be nice to see them do a mission together.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After seeing Swords of X, I support Rachel teaming up with Cable more frequently.
    I agree. I love their interactions. It’s refreshing.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

100%. Saturnyne and Rachel have a contentious relationship with each other starting from the beginning of the OG Excalibur series. Having escaped the Mojoverse and deemed an omniversal threat, Rachel is also being hunted by the Technet, which are Saturnyne's bounty-hunting group sent to subdue Rachel and bring her to Saturnyne. On several occasions they interact and their is no love for each other. Eventually it is discovered that Roma influenced Saturnyne to hunt Rachel in order for Excalibur to form in the first place. And to be honest, I think the current personality that we enjoy from Emma Frost was pilfered from Saturnyne....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    100%. Saturnyne and Rachel have a contentious relationship with each other starting from the beginning of the OG Excalibur series. Having escaped the Mojoverse and deemed an omniversal threat, Rachel is also being hunted by the Technet, which are Saturnyne's bounty-hunting group sent to subdue Rachel and bring her to Saturnyne. On several occasions they interact and their is no love for each other. Eventually it is discovered that Roma influenced Saturnyne to hunt Rachel in order for Excalibur to form in the first place. And to be honest, I think the current personality that we enjoy from Emma Frost was pilfered from Saturnyne....
    Thanks so much for the info! I do kind of remember that now that you mention it. Ok, I really hope Tini and JHickman did their research here because that's kind of important. I was just assuming they would know each other, but it seems like out of OG Excalibur Rachel actually has the second most important history with Saturnyne (obviously behind Brian Braddock).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it's a consistent part of their characterization that Scott and Rachel are closer than Rachel and Jean, just like Nate Grey was closer to Jean than Scott.
    Oh yeah, the Grey-Summers family totally has the "Momma's Boy" and "Daddy's little Cosmic force avatar" dynamic going on.

Some Scott adores his lil Marvel Girl moments...

Damn onions man...I really hope that we can have more family moments like these, now that they are a proper family again.

Oh yeah, during OG Excalibur, while the team was on their own mutant misadventures thru the multiverse of madness, Saturnyne became very familiar with the "menace" of the Rachel Phoenix .