Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Current Rachel and Mother Askani and kid cable and old man cable living all under the same roof would be amazing
    I don't know if I would call it amazing. More like hectic.... chaotic maybe lol. I mean is it generally accepted now that Rachel knows at least a little bit of her possible Mother Askani future? also Old man Cable knew young man Cable was coming for him and sacrificed himself for him so that would be awkward lol. I'd just love to have Cable be Cable. The old grumpy yet lovable and loving character that he was instead of this stereotype impetuous youth we have now. Have real Cable with Rachel and see what should have been after he rescued her from the end of the timestream. It looked like she was going to be a big portion of the book and then it just changed direction entirely and we didn't see her again until she was a mind controlled slave yet again by a villain.

Top Ten Nerd contributors think Rachel is the second most powerful female mutant in the Marvel Universe
    It feels good to see her gain a little more recognition from the fans

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Top Ten Nerd contributors think Rachel is the second most powerful female mutant in the Marvel Universe
    Without seeing it I am going to assume Jean is number one? I am glad to read that

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I agree. Rachel just needs to be more featured in storylines to demonstrate her capabilities. I wish writers would give her as much shine as illyana. She has a lot of potential. Hope practically stole her shine lol.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I mean is it generally accepted now that Rachel knows at least a little bit of her possible Mother Askani future?
    Rachel always knew of Mother Askani since returning worth him after Gaunt. The memories were jumbled but she had some of them due to her chronoal abilities. After X-Force it's generally agreed that she gained knowledge and likely some further insight into Mother Askani’s life and memories.

Have real Cable with Rachel and see what should have been after he rescued her from the end of the timestream.
    I loved the dynamic between Nathan and Rachel. It's sad it was only shown a few times in the comics. Now we have a different Nathan with a different relationship. They also seem to be close which is nice. I'd like to see it explored more and reference X-Force.

It looked like she was going to be a big portion of the book and then it just changed direction entirely and we didn't see her again until she was a mind controlled slave yet again by a villain.
    Bob Weinberg was the writer and he was amazing. He only was able to write Cable for a year before there was a shakeup in the X-Office again and the X-line moved in a different direction. It's a shame as people were really excited about his book and the relationship he was exploring between Rachel and Nathan. But also during this time Claremont was trying to get Rachel and was thwarted due to Weinberg's use of her character. As soon as he was off the book Claremont then took Rachel for the "controlled telepath" in Xtreme (which was supposed to be Betsy but they had a dead-is-dead rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I agree. Rachel just needs to be more featured in storylines to demonstrate her capabilities. I wish writers would give her as much shine as illyana. She has a lot of potential. Hope practically stole her shine lol.
    She stole a lot from Rachel, including her shine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Without seeing it I am going to assume Jean is number one? I am glad to read that
    You know it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You know it
    As it should be. There is no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    As it should be. There is no other.
    Im really enjoying the Jean, Cable, Scott team up in his solo. We really need to see Jean, Scott do one with Rachel or at the very least Jean with Rachel. The closest we got was X-men Red vs Nova, which was amazing but that was such a tease and left us wanting more

They could emphasize Jean going in on the opponent with TP attacks and Rachel assaulting with TK and TK powered fists. There's also the chance for Jean and Rachel to boosts each other's powers up much like Jean and Betsy did throughout Disassembled. It makes so much more sense for th Greys to do this and its puzzling why it hasnt been done

Last edited by Havok83; 10-13-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Im really enjoying the Jean, Cable, Scott team up in his solo. We really need to see Jean, Scott do one with Rachel or at the very least Jean with Rachel. The closest we got was X-men Red vs Nova, which was amazing but that was such a tease and left us wanting more

They could emphasize Jean going in on the opponent with TP attacks and Rachel assaulting with TK and TK powered fists. There's also the chance for Jean and Rachel to boosts each other's powers up much like Jean and Betsy did throughout Disassembled. It makes so much more sense for th Greys to do this and its puzzling why it hasnt been done

I 100% agree with you on all these points. Can you imagine what could be done, accomplished, or the amount of asses kicked by a Grey team-up?? Like easy they could conquer the cosmos (I'm only half joking). Personally I think that Rachel should be an omega TK user but I'm not Hickman...

I think that the X-Office has fallen back into the "keep them separate" with no good reason. Sure they are in a scene together or shown separated but "together" vacationing, but never interacting on panel...or even a "Rachel can you get the dishes?" or "Jean I'm not staying for dinner". While Red was chronologically the last time they had a meaningful interaction on page, in the X-timeline it would have been Extermination (which wasn't the best showing for their relationship). It's unclear why they are kept apart, but the continued marketing of the insular family of Scott-Jean-Nate while cute irks me for a variety of reasons. I'm still loving it, just put off that once again Rachel is getting the shaft.

BANNED

In real life adult daughters often have separate lives from their mothers. Some fans sound like they want Jeam to breast feed Rachel!

Both omen have lives and friendships and relationships ok there own. There is no reason to attach them at the hip. Rachel made a place for herself in the X-Men at a time when Jean was dead. It’s part of a reason they aren’t together as they someone have different friends and colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In real life adult daughters often have separate lives from their mothers. Some fans sound like they want Jeam to breast feed Rachel!

Both omen have lives and friendships and relationships ok there own. There is no reason to attach them at the hip. Rachel made a place for herself in the X-Men at a time when Jean was dead. It’s part of a reason they aren’t together as they someone have different friends and colleagues.
    In real life mothers and daughters aren't separated by 5 years in age or constantly being killed or sent through time, but here we are in a fictionalized comic universe where they are ...... so I guess real life isn't the best analogy here.

Given the history of these two, and now the highlighted importance of family that Hickman has brought to the X-Line and specifically X-Men, why would it be strange for Jean and Rachel to team-up, or even spend time together on panel? No one is asking them to be "attached at the hip" nor are we looking to have "Jean breast feed Rachel". What fans are, and have been for decades, are more moments like what we saw in the X-Men Red annual. Where they spend some time interacting and engaging each other. Or have Rachel INCLUDED, god forbid, in family things when Jean is also there. Otherwise it makes it feel like you can have one or the other, but not both.

I don't disagree with you that they have different friends and colleagues (although many of them are the same because it's the X-Men), but at the same time aren't they supposed to be friends themselves in addition to being family? We don't see that. We have seen are decent scenes with Scott, Rachel, and Nate, and many ones with Scott, Jean, and Nate....but none with Rachel and Jean in some combination together. So why is that is what we are asking, and we're also saying how a team-up or collaboration in a storyline would be great. But don't be condescending to those of us who would like to see it and think it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    In real life mothers and daughters aren't separated by 5 years in age or constantly being killed or sent through time, but here we are in a fictionalized comic universe where they are ...... so I guess real life isn't the best analogy here.

Given the history of these two, and now the highlighted importance of family that Hickman has brought to the X-Line and specifically X-Men, why would it be strange for Jean and Rachel to team-up, or even spend time together on panel? No one is asking them to be "attached at the hip" nor are we looking to have "Jean breast feed Rachel". What fans are, and have been for decades, are more moments like what we saw in the X-Men Red annual. Where they spend some time interacting and engaging each other. Or have Rachel INCLUDED, god forbid, in family things when Jean is also there. Otherwise it makes it feel like you can have one or the other, but not both.

I don't disagree with you that they have different friends and colleagues (although many of them are the same because it's the X-Men), but at the same time aren't they supposed to be friends themselves in addition to being family? We don't see that. We have seen are decent scenes with Scott, Rachel, and Nate, and many ones with Scott, Jean, and Nate....but none with Rachel and Jean in some combination together. So why is that is what we are asking, and we're also saying how a team-up or collaboration in a storyline would be great. But don't be condescending to those of us who would like to see it and think it's time.
    Exactly. There is nothing preventing them from teaming up every now and then. Rachel and Cable have the same powers yet we saw them working together telepathically in XOS Creation and it just felt natural. I dont get why it has to be such a big deal to have her and Jean utilized in a similar capacity

Exactly. There is nothing preventing them from teaming up every now and then. Rachel and Cable have the same powers yet we saw them working together telepathically in XOS Creation and it just felt natural. I dont get why it has to be such a big deal to have her and Jean utilized in a similar capacity
    This made me imagine Jean boosting and helping to focus Rachel chromoskimming ability. Imagine them doing it across Krakoa and being able to view the entirety of it's history.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This made me imagine Jean boosting and helping to focus Rachel chromoskimming ability. Imagine them doing it across Krakoa and being able to view the entirety of it's history.
    That raises an interesting thought. If Destiny can not be brought back because of her pre cog abilities, Does Rachel pose a threat? Does her chronoskim abilities pose a threat?

Also regarding the Jean and Rachel talk. Yes we are not asking for Jean to breastfeed Rachel we are askign for a close relationship like they seem to have with Nathan on panel. I was kind of guilty of assuming things take place of panel but we shouldn't have to. Rachel as a character has been involved in the X-Men mythos for a long time now and all we ask is that she be given respect for her connections to it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

That’s true but Rachel’s storyline has always about wanting to have a relationship with her family esp her mother. Somehow Jean is often dead whenever she gets screen time so it’s kinda weird they wouldn’t have more panel interaction whenever they are in the same spaces. If the previous writers didn’t make such a huge of deal of missing her mom and wanting a relationship with her, it wouldn’t have been a big deal. It’s just baffling that Jean is often portrayed as the heart of the x-men but Emma( as bitchy/self absorbed as she is portrayed) is way closer and put more effort with her “clone” daugher than with Jean and her time displaced daughter. Over the years, I’ve come to accept that characters are at the mercy of whoever the writer is and how closely or loosely they want to acknowledge the character’s history. It’s only recently a writer place an emphasis to feature Rachel with her family.