Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Because all of Rachel's history is fair game to give to other characters. I don't find it heartbreaking, I just don't understand why he is so "OMG Kitty". I didn't think they were close at all since I don't ever remember them interacting on panel together. But the reality is that Franklin barely knows Rachel. They have met maybe 3-4 times max. And mostly in the Days of Future Present storyline. It would be nice for Rachel to play a part, but that would require writers caring to incorporate her and acknowledge her. Not happening at the moment outside of Excalibur.
    Kitty and Franklin do have history, actually. Rachel would mean nothing to Franklin at this point in his life. As much as I want more Rachel and less Kitty, I can see why they’re going this route.

A4420B37-1516-4C1A-8282-69B904D669CE.jpg

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Kitty and Franklin do have history, actually. Rachel would mean nothing to Franklin at this point in his life. As much as I want more Rachel and less Kitty, I can see why they’re going this route.

A4420B37-1516-4C1A-8282-69B904D669CE.jpg
    Ah, see I had forgotten about that. Makes more sense now. Thank you for the enlightenment!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Ah, see I had forgotten about that. Makes more sense now. Thank you for the enlightenment!
    Would still be cool for her to show up and do something meaningful! Hoping she lands somewhere soon!

Fantastic Member

It really is selective isn't it what they choose to acknowledge and not. I mean I can't remember seeing that with Kitty and Franklin but judging by the art it certainly was awhile ago. At a time when Rachel would have been fresh in the series. Still disappointed.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    It really is selective isn't it what they choose to acknowledge and not. I mean I can't remember seeing that with Kitty and Franklin but judging by the art it certainly was awhile ago. At a time when Rachel would have been fresh in the series. Still disappointed.
    I forgot about this moment. It was after the Morlock Massacre when Kitty couldn't unphase and was stuck in a tube for a long time.

BANNED

I believe Claremont pulled Kitty into his FF run too in the late 90’s in an effort to make her Franklin’s nanny. X-Office said no though, so it was just a temporary appearance. That said, it was certainly more recent than the interaction I posted.

Anyway, it’s frustrating, but I don’t think Rachel is as suited for convincing Franklin as Kitty or Storm are at this point (if that’s indeed their purpose here). She doesn’t actually have a relationship with this version of Franklin.

Honestly, I’d be more interested to see if and how Rachel figures into Moira’s other lives. Would be crazy if her timeline was, in fact, one of those lives. I feel life 6 could fit the bill.

The Fantastic Four vs. X-Men story took place after Wolverine stabbed Rachel in the heart, so she was out of the book by then. But I agree that she should have gone with Kate and Storm, especially in the place of Kid-jackass, I mean Kid-Omega.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    The Fantastic Four vs. X-Men story took place after Wolverine stabbed Rachel in the heart, so she was out of the book by then. But I agree that she should have gone with Kate and Storm, especially in the place of Kid-jackass, I mean Kid-Omega.
    I must have missed in my recent re-readings. So much to take in. I can understand if Rachel was already with Mojo at that point then fine. Kid Omega is such a focus group character. he was created to be the stereotypical rebellious youth. I didn't like him from the start but in the last runs of Gen X there was good development there that they seemed to have completely disregarded with the relaunch. If he's there that means it's X-Force so it's probably an extraction type thing. Rachel should be there though if for no other reason then Sue and Reed know her and her history with their future and with their son. Broken timeline or not. Sue, Jean and Rachel talking about Franklin's future would be much better to see. Though it doesn't fill a panel with Wolverine and big BOOMS. Character development and dialogue has alas taken a back seat.

I must have missed in my recent re-readings. So much to take in. I can understand if Rachel was already with Mojo at that point then fine. Kid Omega is such a focus group character. he was created to be the stereotypical rebellious youth. I didn't like him from the start but in the last runs of Gen X there was good development there that they seemed to have completely disregarded with the relaunch. If he's there that means it's X-Force so it's probably an extraction type thing. Rachel should be there though if for no other reason then Sue and Reed know her and her history with their future and with their son. Broken timeline or not. Sue, Jean and Rachel talking about Franklin's future would be much better to see. Though it doesn't fill a panel with Wolverine and big BOOMS. Character development and dialogue has alas taken a back seat.
    I am going to be honest, I think Rachel and Kate are pretty much equal in that they both belong in this 4 parter. Of course they are going with Kate because she was in the original Fantastic Four / X-Men crossover all those years ago. They are writing this as a continuation of that mini and not as a continuation of Days of Future Present. I expect that Rachel won't even be mentioned once in the 4 parter because none of the current slate of writers even cares about the Days of Future Present crossover! I have to admit that the DoFPresent crossover was disjointed and disorganized because it had four different writers and four different artists spread across 4 different annuals.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Rachel is on the new X-Factor team:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21...-leah-williams

Oh finally she's getting some love. And Lorna too!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm excited about this team combination but...Oh! the tragedy of that art. (I was ever ever a fan of the artist).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Rachel is on the new X-Factor team:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21...-leah-williams
    Yay!

finally something.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm excited about this team combination but...Oh! the tragedy of that art. (I was ever ever a fan of the artist).
    Same I hope he does better/changes his style a bit here.

BANNED

rachel looks so good with hoops on her ears