Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    maybe she can use it like a direwolf., use it in destroying her enemies
    Game of Thrones X-Men style?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Rachel is on the new X-Factor team:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21...-leah-williams
    Rachel and Lorna I like. Not so thrilled about the rest of the cast. Was kind of hoping X-Factor would have a couple of superpowered humans on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Rachel is on the new X-Factor team:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21...-leah-williams
    OMG
    Am I dreaming???? this is real?!?!

I know many prefer to distance Rachel from her "hound" history (understandably) but has she ever used her tracking training in this capacity before?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

It's a weird group of characters for a team but I'll take it. Never really liked X-Factor after the originals went back tot X-Men and Havoc and Polaris took over. The incarnations after were not the greatest but this is now number one on my pull list.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I know many prefer to distance Rachel from her "hound" history (understandably) but has she ever used her tracking training in this capacity before?
    Well she doesn't necessarily need to use her enhanced/trained tracking tp to fill this niche. She has a whole bevy of tp abilities that can help confirm the deaths of mutants. She can chronoskim, replay imprinted events, etc. It doesn't have to be tracking, that's more Daken in a sense. And to answer your question, she's used her tracking to find Hope during AvX. I don't think it was entirely called out anywhere else (unless you count the times she was re-hounded until Ahab or Stryfe when she was forced to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well she doesn't necessarily need to use her enhanced/trained tracking tp to fill this niche. She has a whole bevy of tp abilities that can help confirm the deaths of mutants. She can chronoskim, replay imprinted events, etc. It doesn't have to be tracking, that's more Daken in a sense. And to answer your question, she's used her tracking to find Hope during AvX. I don't think it was entirely called out anywhere else (unless you count the times she was re-hounded until Ahab or Stryfe when she was forced to do it).
    Thank you!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Actually, lately I have been thinking that she should embrace the hound part of her story. Sure it wasn't a nice part of life but being traumatized by it is ugly. Marvel should show how from this bad experience she became stronger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Actually, lately I have been thinking that she should embrace the hound part of her story. Sure it wasn't a nice part of life but being traumatized by it is ugly. Marvel should show how from this bad experience she became stronger.
    reclaiming something that was used to torment and manipulate you, and turn it into something that gives you strenght is always a great story, and would at least put a stop to the usual "she is a hound again, yeeppe" since it would be something she embraced and rebranded as her own

Leah on Rachel:

"I knew we’d need a team telepath, and Rachel Grey was my top pick. She’s fascinatingly under-utilized yet over-powered as a character and carries so, so much incredible lore and untapped potential. She’s our team’s James Dean."

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's the annoying thing about writers and characters, because Rachel had long moved passed it. but once she came back from space they decided to regress her character more than Claremont had so she's back to not being over it. Just like how many times has Warren declared victory over his Archangel persona? It's boring.

Leah on Rachel:

"I knew we’d need a team telepath, and Rachel Grey was my top pick. She’s fascinatingly under-utilized yet over-powered as a character and carries so, so much incredible lore and untapped potential. She’s our team’s James Dean."
    WTF does "James Dean" mean? Like, seen-that-been-there, over-it, sexy nihilist?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    WTF does "James Dean" mean? Like, seen-that-been-there, over-it, sexy nihilist?
    Yeah and maybe she starts smoking? If she starts walking around in a bomb ass leather jacket, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by jbenito View Post
    yeah and maybe she starts smoking? If she starts walking around in a bomb ass leather jacket, i'm in.
    omg bring back her space bomber jacket!!!!!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hmm Rachel will be the team rebel then hmmm

Well I'm curious how she'll interact with the others , does she really have that much history with ANY of them? What do you all expect for Rachel and these others?

Like you might imagine Rachel and Lorna to be closer they're both adult women and extremely powerful and also daughters of very influential characters

I wonder if they'll be played off of each other in some ways for this run like show contrast or something philosophically. But if Rachel is a "James Dean" "Rebel Without A Cause" then maybe Lorna is the "pro Krakoa Do Not Question The Council" type?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY