Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Besides the spikes being a little to intense I will always prefer this look over the hammer pants they have her wearing in X-Factor. Still annoying, no Jean.
    The size of the spikes and the paintings on Rachel’s face are ridiculous…

She was more feminine and classy, before…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Plus drawn younger she can appear to be Scott and Jean’s literal daughter. This way Jean and Scott, plus Rachel and Nathan form a literal family.
    I agree with what you're saying here, but you can't form a 'literal family' if two members of the family are never shown interacting on panel and never mention each other. It's great to see Scott, Jean, and Nate interact as a family - which draws upon the family unit they created from "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" (even though Rachel was considered family there too albeit comatose and 100), and it's also really great to see Scott, Nate, and Rachel interacting as a family in X-Men. But why are there no pairings of Rachel and Jean in those offerings? Why are they not getting panel time together? It feels like we are back to the 88-2018 era when Rachel and Jean aren't allowed interact, but can be shown in the same splash page or scene. So far we've had the dinner from X-Men #1, X-Factor #1, the page of the vacation on Chandilar, and the splash page from the end of XoS where they have appeared in the same room or scene. That's it. And in none of those scenes have them address each other. And there have been plenty of times for Rachel to have reached out to Jean (like in XoS 1) but they left it to Nathan (a fledging tp) to do it.

I have to wonder, why do none of the editors or writers value or care about these two characters interacting, but the readers and fans do? And if the readers and fans care, why isn't this reflected to taken into consideration for storytelling as clearly it's easy money and reader enjoyment?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I agree with what you're saying here, but you can't form a 'literal family' if two members of the family are never shown interacting on panel and never mention each other. It's great to see Scott, Jean, and Nate interact as a family - which draws upon the family unit they created from "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" (even though Rachel was considered family there too albeit comatose and 100), and it's also really great to see Scott, Nate, and Rachel interacting as a family in X-Men. But why are there no pairings of Rachel and Jean in those offerings? Why are they not getting panel time together? It feels like we are back to the 88-2018 era when Rachel and Jean aren't allowed interact, but can be shown in the same splash page or scene. So far we've had the dinner from X-Men #1, X-Factor #1, the page of the vacation on Chandilar, and the splash page from the end of XoS where they have appeared in the same room or scene. That's it. And in none of those scenes have them address each other. And there have been plenty of times for Rachel to have reached out to Jean (like in XoS 1) but they left it to Nathan (a fledging tp) to do it.

I have to wonder, why do none of the editors or writers value or care about these two characters interacting, but the readers and fans do? And if the readers and fans care, why isn't this reflected to taken into consideration for storytelling as clearly it's easy money and reader enjoyment?
    because to them (the ones in charge of these comics) it's all about the father, the mother is only there for reproductive purposes and cheer leading
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    because to them (the ones in charge of these comics) it's all about the father, the mother is only there for reproductive purposes and cheer leading
    That doesn’t make sense since we DO see Jean with Nathan. The mother gets panel time with him. It’s really only Jean with Rachel that doesn’t

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That doesn’t make sense since we DO see Jean with Nathan. The mother gets panel time with him. It’s really only Jean with Rachel that doesn’t
    I mean I would imagine it's because Kid Cable is pretty much living on borrowed time before the status quo reinsert itself and he goes back to being emotionally distant Grandpa Cable so I imagined Hickman and other writers want to get as much as they can out of this dynamic before it inevitably goes away.

Personally love more interaction between Jean and Rachel just for the simple fact that's there's been so little of it over the years and tbh they have a lot that they can bond over.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean I would imagine it's because Kid Cable is pretty much living on borrowed time before the status quo reinsert itself and he goes back to being emotionally distant Grandpa Cable so I imagined Hickman and other writers want to get as much as they can out of this dynamic before it inevitably goes away.

Personally love more interaction between Jean and Rachel just for the simple fact that's there's been so little of it over the years and tbh they have a lot that they can bond over.
    And i'm tired of the using the look alike argument too when you have val running around looking like an exact duplicate of Sue and depending on the artist age as well. The same goes for Franklyn and Johnny before the bad dye job. And if people say oh their powers are different Doom Val and Sue had pretty much the same powers visually. Hopefully Leah will give the two a scene or two as i think she could handle them masterfully.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cant quite put my finger on it but Jean’s relationship with kid cable feels kinda secondary.......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i'm tired of the using the look alike argument too when you have val running around looking like an exact duplicate of Sue and depending on the artist age as well. The same goes for Franklyn and Johnny before the bad dye job. And if people say oh their powers are different Doom Val and Sue had pretty much the same powers visually. Hopefully Leah will give the two a scene or two as i think she could handle them masterfully.
    A Rachel fan suggested some stuff about Jean/Rachel interaction to Leah on twitter and she said she cant use a fan's suggestions, so I think the Rachel fan ruined it for all of us LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    A Rachel fan suggested some stuff about Jean/Rachel interaction to Leah on twitter and she said she cant use a fan's suggestions, so I think the Rachel fan ruined it for all of us LOL
    Well it would be just that specific interaction she can't use. But asking Leah why they aren't interacting at all might be a good approach seeing she's usually good with fan questions. Otherwise we'll be forever waiting.

Fantastic Member

Well it would be just that specific interaction she can't use. But asking Leah why they aren't interacting at all might be a good approach seeing she's usually good with fan questions. Otherwise we'll be forever waiting.
    I think forever waiting is the natural state. Rachel and Jean communicating on page is just not something we can expect anytime soon.

BANNED

It would seem... We can have five sperm doner less Emma clones running around interacting with Emma on a regular but, Rachel who can actually trace her DNA directly to Jean and Scott always gets the brush off by writers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    It would seem... We can have five sperm doner less Emma clones running around interacting with Emma on a regular but, Rachel who can actually trace her DNA directly to Jean and Scott always gets the brush off by writers.
    I don't dislike Emma. Far from it actually I think she is a great character but I think it's tragic that she is shown to be far more nurturing then Jean. Especially when it comes to the younger generation. I'm not asking for Jean to go out and train the next generation of mutants like Emma has done multiple times. Just show her freaking daughter some love lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    lol i don't do twitter at all, tried it once and ended up with a X-writer coming for me and promptly being shut down. LMAO. which was never my intent but they took something i said here and attacked me on twitter and someone here had posted it in a thread so i saw it.

Hopefully twitter doesn't stop Leah from doing the interaction, i don't think anyone else can do it better than her out of the current x-writers. She is by far the best as normal interactions imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I don't dislike Emma. Far from it actually I think she is a great character but I think it's tragic that she is shown to be far more nurturing then Jean. Especially when it comes to the younger generation. I'm not asking for Jean to go out and train the next generation of mutants like Emma has done multiple times. Just show her freaking daughter some love lol
    I'm with you. I get the flawed and frosty nature that is Emma and love her devotion and dedication as a mentor to the students. And that she does care for the Cuckoos in a maternal way. But the fact that Jean is not shown to be is a huge mischaracterization and travesty. The fact that Jean goes out of her way to care for so many, but also avoid and ignore Rachel is just problematic of the writers and editors. We've moved so far away at this point from the excuse of "similar powers, similar look, might be confusing to new readers". Now it's almost like this meme that came out after Extermination:

JeanAD.jpg

BANNED

I'm with you. I get the flawed and frosty nature that is Emma and love her devotion and dedication as a mentor to the students. And that she does care for the Cuckoos in a maternal way. But the fact that Jean is not shown to be is a huge mischaracterization and travesty. The fact that Jean goes out of her way to care for so many, but also avoid and ignore Rachel is just problematic of the writers and editors. We've moved so far away at this point from the excuse of "similar powers, similar look, might be confusing to new readers". Now it's almost like this meme that came out after Extermination:

JeanAD.jpg
    As Rachel was introduced she was a tough, scrappy character who survived a lot. While it’s nice to see she got her family back it’s not like she is dependent on them and she has a relationship with the other X-Men and is a hero in her own right. So long she she written well I don’t really care if she interacts much with Jean. She’s a grown woman.

We’ve seen them have dinner together and all so clearly a relationship is there.