Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who are they addressing?
    Carol, future Emma Frost, and a bunch of future super kids spoilers:
    before the big fight at the end where a mind controlled Luke Cage beat the snot out of Carol (with Amora's help).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think Enchantress could work better these days not as an opponent to Thor but other Marvel characters:
    Rereading those early Stan Lee/ Don Heck Avengers issues I always see the Enchantress as the Masters of Evil's counterpart to the Avengers' Scarlet Witch.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Rereading those early Stan Lee/ Don Heck Avengers issues I always see the Enchantress as the Masters of Evil's counterpart to the Avengers' Scarlet Witch.
    I've never really thought about it, but there are definitely some parallels. I think she's like the "token girl" of the Masters of Evil to match either Wasp or Wanda.

In the first 100 issues of Avengers the Enchantress was a major villain for the Avengers, both by herself and as a member of the Masters of Evil. After that, she fades in importance.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I have already read that issue of Captain Marvel and honestly, although it seems like a good portrayal of the Enchantress, unfortunately I feel that the story is leading nowhere and that it is very doubtful that it has any kind of repercussion other than a story that very few people will remember and that I would say that it will only matter to fans of Namor and Captain Marvel, the Enchantress as usual and the trend for many decades, will be totally forgotten and barely mentioned in a story in which it supposedly she has some kind of prominence .

And as for the MCU, the usual, totally ignored, forgotten, hardly anyone mentions her and the fans only confuse nonsensical things saying and showing ignorance about whether that character that appears in the trailers of the Loki series is the Black Widow and ignoring the fact that on the IMDB website it was a mention of Sylvie Lushton (well, Young Sylvie by Cailey Fleming) but nobody says anything about that, or about the Enchantress.

Unfortunately hope no longer exists, in a Thor movie called Love and Thunder, the Enchantress is very clear that she will not appear (this time, will be the fourth one) and as usual, no matter how much someone from Marvel is asked something, the usual thing is to pretend that the character does not even exist and I'm sure that even if there were news, it wouldn't matter, nobody would say anything except the usual and without mentioning her also the fact that people that watched Suicide Squad will not understand why Marvel uses The Enchantress, as if they were copied when Marvel's Enchantress exists two years before DC's.

I have always waited for a little hope, something to believe in, illusion, think naively and be sure that the Enchantress will shine or be revitalized in a way that will finally have the importance that this character should always have, in 60 years of Marvel history, why her history has never been explained, why as the previous user says, after 100 issues of the Avengers, suddenly, she loses all importance, although she had some moments in the Defenders and curiously until Walt Simonson arrived, she doesn't appear again on Thor, although he did not give it such a great importance seeing it in perspective.

The question would be: Is it really necessary, in 2021 to even create an Enchantress appreciation thread when things are like this today?

Another month of Solicitations and no mention of the Enchantress on any place (also no Lorelei and no Sylvie Lushton that it's still missing).

I miss the enchantress so much. I'm not much of a fan of Sylvie

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I miss the enchantress so much. I'm not much of a fan of Sylvie
    Me too, but Sylvie Lushton's story should start to spread a bit and receive some more development (and love, because regarding the young characters of recent years, she is kind of marginalized and was the most interesting by far of that group called Young Masters) than what was seen in that miniseries of the Young Avengers during Dark Reign a few years ago and it is also evident that right now her history should be more related to Amora and Lorelei as I have sometimes commented months and a few years ago and also meet face to face the person who changed her for the first time that was Loki.

It could also be taken advantage of if synergies are the usual trend with the MCU or with the Loki TV series that Marvel makes a miniseries about Sylvie in which it is shown what has happened to her since Amora sent her to the unknown place inside from any of the 10 realms of Asgard.

Before the thread is closed and a new one has to be created for 2021, which I don't know if it would be a good idea considering the lack of news in various fields (maybe the thread will have to be renamed as Sylvie Lushton The Youthful Enchantress appreciation thread if the Loki TV series and her participation ends up coming true).

I just wanted to say, although it seems contradictory to what I was said before, I hope 2021 is a good year for this great character who is Amora and that she finally stops being marginalized and a writer (don't matter if is a male or a female) deigns to turn Amora and her sister Lorelei into an essential part of the stories, being respected with all the virtues and flaws she have had and still have improving her and extending her story with the beginning of the origin she deserves, whether they are in the Thor book or in some case, a solo limited series or an ongoing.

And also if the new 2021 thread is created, it would be great for people to write something else, it is not easy for people to bother to comment or start an interesting discussion.