Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have often joined in the conversation here. I really like Amora and have from the beginning.

I think there are many more good stories that could be written about her, with Enchantress and Sif, Valkyrie and the Scarlet Witch, just to name a few. Also, Enchantress with Thor, Hercules, Ares and Executioner, as well as Wonder Man and evil Power Man (now Atlas). So many possibilities left unanswered..........!!
    And the funny thing is that a good portion of those characters you mentioned will be appearing in the MCU like Sif, Valkyrie, and Wanda so I really hope Marvel takes advantage of Amora and allows her a space in the movies.

I also play an app game called Marvel: Super War and while Amora isn't playable in it yet, a lot of Asgardians like Thor, Sif, Heimdall, Loki, Hela, and Executioner are (heavily MCU based as you can see). And while there's been no sign of Amora yet, Executioner's dialogue in the character shop is all about bringing glory to Amora so I hope this means that since they are aware of her, they'll add her as playable in the future. A lot of obscure female characters are playable already.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I have often joined in the conversation here. I really like Amora and have from the beginning.

I think there are many more good stories that could be written about her, with Enchantress and Sif, Valkyrie and the Scarlet Witch, just to name a few. Also, Enchantress with Thor, Hercules, Ares and Executioner, as well as Wonder Man and evil Power Man (now Atlas). So many possibilities left unanswered..........!!
    I know and I have always thanked you even for PM, I always like Amora, basically from the Walter Simonson era and also from Secret Wars, the first comics I have read in my entire life when I was a child.

Many stories could be written about her, especially regarding her past, knowing why her relationship with her sister is the way it is, what kind of people their parents were ... Many connections with many characters that should be explored in depth, just like my idea about Amora and Sylvie Lushton and develop all that, maybe expand the family, see Lorelei marry Sigurd and have children, Sylvie's evolution from her life in Broxton to become the worthy successor of Amora or maybe be key in what It would be her past and all that it means to be the Enchantress from the present and going back to the past. Amora's entire life from her love for Thor, through her hidden feelings towards Skurge the Executioner, her childhood and friendship with Loki, her life as a student of Karnilla the Norn Queen, The Valkyries ... how far her power can go.

So many things ...

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    And the funny thing is that a good portion of those characters you mentioned will be appearing in the MCU like Sif, Valkyrie, and Wanda so I really hope Marvel takes advantage of Amora and allows her a space in the movies.

I also play an app game called Marvel: Super War and while Amora isn't playable in it yet, a lot of Asgardians like Thor, Sif, Heimdall, Loki, Hela, and Executioner are (heavily MCU based as you can see). And while there's been no sign of Amora yet, Executioner's dialogue in the character shop is all about bringing glory to Amora so I hope this means that since they are aware of her, they'll add her as playable in the future. A lot of obscure female characters are playable already.
    Yeah, this is weird

I never know about that game, not sure if my android phone can be able to download this.

The fact of the MCU and the feelings I already said it is because that with Thor: Love and Thunder, people probably will talk only about Jane Foster, Valkyrie ... but about Amora, it would be sad, people will ignore her even if (still not sure) she will appear in the 50-60% of the movie, people can be so weird regarding things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Yeah, this is weird

I never know about that game, not sure if my android phone can be able to download this.

The fact of the MCU and the feelings I already said it is because that with Thor: Love and Thunder, people probably will talk only about Jane Foster, Valkyrie ... but about Amora, it would be sad, people will ignore her even if (still not sure) she will appear in the 50-60% of the movie, people can be so weird regarding things like that.
    It is only available in certain Asian countries right now so it has not been widely released.

I'm hoping that if Amora is the villain of Thor: Love and Thunder (it will be such a mistake if there is not a female villain), that should get people talking especially if Marvel tries to make her the next Loki in terms of popularity. I'm hoping she'll develop a following from the Loki Disney+ show if the rumors about her appearing are true. This way she won't fall into obscurity like the other Marvel villains who all die after one film.

It is only available in certain Asian countries right now so it has not been widely released.

I'm hoping that if Amora is the villain of Thor: Love and Thunder (it will be such a mistake if there is not a female villain), that should get people talking especially if Marvel tries to make her the next Loki in terms of popularity. I'm hoping she'll develop a following from the Loki Disney+ show if the rumors about her appearing are true. This way she won't fall into obscurity like the other Marvel villains who all die after one film.
    I also expect it a lot but I do not want to fall on other occasions when I get too excited and then reality hits you very hard, it is normal for me to think how I think, I just want things to change and Amora starts to be more beloved and Better treated, what I have said many times, Respect and justice.

I also expect it a lot but I do not want to fall on other occasions when I get too excited and then reality hits you very hard, it is normal for me to think how I think, I just want things to change and Amora starts to be more beloved and Better treated, what I have said many times, Respect and justice.
    Do you think they might bring back Lorelei for the Loki show? Especially if Amora and Lorelei are part of Loki's past?

Do you think they might bring back Lorelei for the Loki show? Especially if Amora and Lorelei are part of Loki's past?
    I don't know, it's been a long time since the first season of TV Agents of SHIELD, if Lorelei appears, it would surely be a recast also a different series and different channel.

I don't know, it's been a long time since the first season of TV Agents of SHIELD, if Lorelei appears, it would surely be a recast also a different series and different channel.
    I liked the old actress but I guess I wouldn't mind a new actress either if it keeps her relevant. I'd very much like to see Amora and Lorelei together for once.

I liked the old actress but I guess I wouldn't mind a new actress either if it keeps her relevant. I'd very much like to see Amora and Lorelei together for once.
    Yeah it would be cool and fun.

I'm glad I could be there for you to vent about the character and her treatment. I truly hoped that there were new plans for her in store after the past few years.

I'm hoping that if Amora shows up in Loki, the casting for her is successful and she takes off as a character so even casual fans who do not know her will fall in love with her and want more of her. Especially since Loki's character will likely be retiring soon so we need a substitute for him and who better than Amora who has family issues of her own. I'm not surprised that Lorelei was ignored in Loki: Agent of Asgard because Loki fans will only be interested in him and his relationship with Thor. The trick is developing new Amora fans, preferably out of the Loki fans because they are a huge fandom.

Yes, I have that hope too and I really think that if the MCU gives Amora a chance, that can revive her fanbase.

I'm glad the thread was opened so props to Juan678 for creating it so Amora wasn't left behind. I see so many characters who are arguably more popular but their threads have barely any pages or activity. It shows a lot that Amora has a few fans who are dedicated enough to her to keep her character going on in this thread.
    Sorry, I haven't seen this answer.

Thanks for that, it is not easy to talk about something like that, and many times I have the feeling that either people do not realize it or they are feeling directly indifferent, I know that there are many people who likes and loves Amora but they have a hard time saying something and it's nice to know that you can talk about it with someone and know what they think.

I hope so too and I very much wish it to be something good, fun and people like it. The issue of Loki, is a very difficult question and perhaps more so after all these past years since the first movie of Thor and that of the Avengers. That Amora can appear now could be good but it could also perfectly go unnoticed and that part is the one that scares me the most.

I am very grateful to Juan678, the last years, I had opened it, but this year and much of last year I felt really bad, and I did not feel capable of it.

I know and I have always thanked you even for PM, I always like Amora, basically from the Walter Simonson era and also from Secret Wars, the first comics I have read in my entire life when I was a child.

Many stories could be written about her, especially regarding her past, knowing why her relationship with her sister is the way it is, what kind of people their parents were ... Many connections with many characters that should be explored in depth, just like my idea about Amora and Sylvie Lushton and develop all that, maybe expand the family, see Lorelei marry Sigurd and have children, Sylvie's evolution from her life in Broxton to become the worthy successor of Amora or maybe be key in what It would be her past and all that it means to be the Enchantress from the present and going back to the past. Amora's entire life from her love for Thor, through her hidden feelings towards Skurge the Executioner, her childhood and friendship with Loki, her life as a student of Karnilla the Norn Queen, The Valkyries ... how far her power can go.

So many things ...
    I know--we are all friends here, so all good.

The way I look at it is this---it takes a special type of fan---fans like us!---to really appreciate, like and love Amora. We do not follow what the company and/or the majority of fans say are the "main characters"---we have our own favorites!

Like Enchantress. Another example is the Valkyrie, who I loved from her origin. None of my friends knew of Val let alone the Defenders. When they did finally learn of her, the preferred others like She-Hulk or Ms Marvel, those with "real powers" or "many powers like flight".

Some people just do not get really good characters if they are a bit overshadowed by others. And that is okay too. But we can and do!

Sorry, I haven't seen this answer.

Thanks for that, it is not easy to talk about something like that, and many times I have the feeling that either people do not realize it or they are feeling directly indifferent, I know that there are many people who likes and loves Amora but they have a hard time saying something and it's nice to know that you can talk about it with someone and know what they think.

I hope so too and I very much wish it to be something good, fun and people like it. The issue of Loki, is a very difficult question and perhaps more so after all these past years since the first movie of Thor and that of the Avengers. That Amora can appear now could be good but it could also perfectly go unnoticed and that part is the one that scares me the most.

I am very grateful to Juan678, the last years, I had opened it, but this year and much of last year I felt really bad, and I did not feel capable of it.
    That's all right.

I think a lot of people don't have awareness of how Amora is being treated and think she is better off than how she actually is. For example Polaris fans have also long complained about the character's treatment so it interested me that they felt that in comparison, Amora has actually been treated well as a character unlike Polaris. They aren't aware that many of the same things that have left Polaris in obscurity has similarly occurred to Amora.

I think the fear is that Loki or any other character might overshadow Amora and she will be snubbed again. I really hope the writers give Amora enough credit as a character and she is paired with a good performance so audiences have no choice but to love her.

I understand completely why you wouldn't have it in you to open her thread this year. It has not been easy for Amora fans.

That's all right.

I think a lot of people don't have awareness of how Amora is being treated and think she is better off than how she actually is. For example Polaris fans have also long complained about the character's treatment so it interested me that they felt that in comparison, Amora has actually been treated well as a character unlike Polaris. They aren't aware that many of the same things that have left Polaris in obscurity has similarly occurred to Amora.

I think the fear is that Loki or any other character might overshadow Amora and she will be snubbed again. I really hope the writers give Amora enough credit as a character and she is paired with a good performance so audiences have no choice but to love her.

I understand completely why you wouldn't have it in you to open her thread this year. It has not been easy for Amora fans.
    It really is a real shame that such good characters are treated so bad although I still think of the case of Amora as something different, with the mutants it is like another world, also I always believed that Polaris was always treated as a second-rate Jean Grey, even having powers similar to Magneto and all that.

It is what I say, I am very afraid of that, also the season of this new Loki series, I think that it is of few chapters, perhaps it will not give enough time for people to know her, but it is also not known if Amora the Enchantress would appear really or not, because the other option that was talked about was Lady Loki.

I am looking forward to it, but it makes me very nervous not to know anything, just as I take things with ... maybe too much negativity and I recognize that it is not good, the bad always drives people away, the good brings them closer.

Thank you, for me it has been difficult, it continues to be but thanks to these discussions and to you because normally I do not speak too much either, but I like this character so much that I cannot avoid talking about her in the things that I wish were better or contribute some other idea.

I know--we are all friends here, so all good.

The way I look at it is this---it takes a special type of fan---fans like us!---to really appreciate, like and love Amora. We do not follow what the company and/or the majority of fans say are the "main characters"---we have our own favorites!

Like Enchantress. Another example is the Valkyrie, who I loved from her origin. None of my friends knew of Val let alone the Defenders. When they did finally learn of her, the preferred others like She-Hulk or Ms Marvel, those with "real powers" or "many powers like flight".

Some people just do not get really good characters if they are a bit overshadowed by others. And that is okay too. But we can and do!
    Nice!

I also think the same, it is not easy and I wish the publishers had it in better consideration.

But the Valkyrie if we ignore the whole Jane Foster issue, more or less was always treated well, especially in the Defenders.

It really is a little sad, but I am waiting for the Rebirth of the Enchantress (if Lorelei and Sylvie Lushton returned or were better treated too, better).

Astonishing Member

Only with a recast and no connection to AoS.