Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 253
  1. #151
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    It really is a real shame that such good characters are treated so bad although I still think of the case of Amora as something different, with the mutants it is like another world, also I always believed that Polaris was always treated as a second-rate Jean Grey, even having powers similar to Magneto and all that.

    It is what I say, I am very afraid of that, also the season of this new Loki series, I think that it is of few chapters, perhaps it will not give enough time for people to know her, but it is also not known if Amora the Enchantress would appear really or not, because the other option that was talked about was Lady Loki.

    I am looking forward to it, but it makes me very nervous not to know anything, just as I take things with ... maybe too much negativity and I recognize that it is not good, the bad always drives people away, the good brings them closer.

    Thank you, for me it has been difficult, it continues to be but thanks to these discussions and to you because normally I do not speak too much either, but I like this character so much that I cannot avoid talking about her in the things that I wish were better or contribute some other idea.
    I know Polaris fans have said that they felt that Marvel tried to push Enchantress to put down Polaris because of their similar appearances so casual fans wouldn't recognize Enchantress. So it is interesting how each fandom views its own situation. And Jean Grey 2.0 is definitely an issue that Polaris fans have suffered from for years.

    I know there was a blonde woman seen on set who was believed to be Amora. It's possible this is Lady Loki but I really hope not especially since she shouldn't be blonde. And I'd like to imagine they'll use Jaime Alexander for that since she wants to return to the MCU. My personal guess is that Amora will start off as the little girl (Sylvie) and then halfway or by the end of the show become the full Enchantress we know her as. And we'll see her in Thor: Love and Thunder with Loki having set her up. This is just a theory though but I also don't have much positivity to hope for more or that this might really happen. I just like to think that finally we will get Amora onscreen since every other major Asgardian character has been used now.

    Right now there is not much to say with the lack of news but I really hope that in the months to come when the Loki show starts filming, we will have more information on what to expect and hopefully it will be positive information. With a little luck, these might be the last few months we have to deal with that are a drought.

  2. #152
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Only with a recast and no connection to AoS.
    I liked the original actress but I'm okay with a recast especially if the new actress has good chemistry with Amora's actress.

  3. #153
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I know Polaris fans have said that they felt that Marvel tried to push Enchantress to put down Polaris because of their similar appearances so casual fans wouldn't recognize Enchantress. So it is interesting how each fandom views its own situation. And Jean Grey 2.0 is definitely an issue that Polaris fans have suffered from for years.
    I did not understand that argument because the first appearance of the Enchantress was in 1964 and Polaris in 1968, it is true that resembling their outfits are alike but Amora is the first, the original and her outfit has not changed too much in every year since its existence, perhaps several variations but always very recognizable.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I know there was a blonde woman seen on set who was believed to be Amora. It's possible this is Lady Loki but I really hope not especially since she shouldn't be blonde. And I'd like to imagine they'll use Jaime Alexander for that since she wants to return to the MCU. My personal guess is that Amora will start off as the little girl (Sylvie) and then halfway or by the end of the show become the full Enchantress we know her as. And we'll see her in Thor: Love and Thunder with Loki having set her up. This is just a theory though but I also don't have much positivity to hope for more or that this might really happen. I just like to think that finally we will get Amora onscreen since every other major Asgardian character has been used now.
    Yeah, it's Sophia Di Martino (I hope she is an adult Enchantress while Cailey Fleming, little girl Amora (though it's Sylvie)).

    That would be fine, it sounds great, because it is still sad that of all the Asgardian characters, Amora is always left behind and that shows me that Marvel has a serious problem with her that no matter how much you ask them they do not respond. It is difficult to be positive when you see that your favorite character is treated so badly and very poorly written and with hardly any improvement or evolution in her career, that says very little about the writers.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Right now there is not much to say with the lack of news but I really hope that in the months to come when the Loki show starts filming, we will have more information on what to expect and hopefully it will be positive information. With a little luck, these might be the last few months we have to deal with that are a drought.
    It seemed to me that I had read something that from July, they starts filming again, hopefully you're right and let's we see something.

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I liked the original actress but I'm okay with a recast especially if the new actress has good chemistry with Amora's actress.
    Me too, I think Elena Satine nailed well Lorelei.

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I know Polaris fans have said that they felt that Marvel tried to push Enchantress to put down Polaris because of their similar appearances so casual fans wouldn't recognize Enchantress. So it is interesting how each fandom views its own situation. And Jean Grey 2.0 is definitely an issue that Polaris fans have suffered from for years.
    I'd take what they say with a mountain of salt, unless they have evidence of what Marvel's doing that deliberately. Too much is hypothesising based on what they think or on covers rather than examining what the Marvel staff actually say. Otherwise it become pointless drama directing fandoms of various characters against each other for no reason.

    Right now there is not much to say with the lack of news but I really hope that in the months to come when the Loki show starts filming, we will have more information on what to expect and hopefully it will be positive information. With a little luck, these might be the last few months we have to deal with that are a drought.
    Agreed.

  6. #156
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I did not understand that argument because the first appearance of the Enchantress was in 1964 and Polaris in 1968, it is true that resembling their outfits are alike but Amora is the first, the original and her outfit has not changed too much in every year since its existence, perhaps several variations but always very recognizable.



    Yeah, it's Sophia Di Martino (I hope she is an adult Enchantress while Cailey Fleming, little girl Amora (though it's Sylvie)).

    That would be fine, it sounds great, because it is still sad that of all the Asgardian characters, Amora is always left behind and that shows me that Marvel has a serious problem with her that no matter how much you ask them they do not respond. It is difficult to be positive when you see that your favorite character is treated so badly and very poorly written and with hardly any improvement or evolution in her career, that says very little about the writers.



    It seemed to me that I had read something that from July, they starts filming again, hopefully you're right and let's we see something.
    I think they meant Polaris' modern/Starjammers costume since it resembles a bathing suit and her headdress is more like what Enchantress or Scarlet Witch wear. Their Silver Age designs are vastly different though, I agree. I think the issue was that in Axis Amora was wearing a cape so a black and white version would make it hard to tell based on how Polaris looked then.

    Thanks for confirming the two actresses in Loki. Very much hope Marvel redeems themselves with a substantial role for Amora in this show and future films.

    Hope we get some positive news very soon then!

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Me too, I think Elena Satine nailed well Lorelei.
    I've seen her in other shows as well and I've always liked her.

  7. #157
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'd take what they say with a mountain of salt, unless they have evidence of what Marvel's doing that deliberately. Too much is hypothesising based on what they think or on covers rather than examining what the Marvel staff actually say. Otherwise it become pointless drama directing fandoms of various characters against each other for no reason.



    Agreed.
    You're right, I was only repeating what I was told.

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think they meant Polaris' modern/Starjammers costume since it resembles a bathing suit and her headdress is more like what Enchantress or Scarlet Witch wear. Their Silver Age designs are vastly different though, I agree. I think the issue was that in Axis Amora was wearing a cape so a black and white version would make it hard to tell based on how Polaris looked then.

    Thanks for confirming the two actresses in Loki. Very much hope Marvel redeems themselves with a substantial role for Amora in this show and future films.

    Hope we get some positive news very soon then!


    I've seen her in other shows as well and I've always liked her.
    Yes, I suppose that would be what they meant in the confusion.

    It is what I wait with great anxiety, so much waiting kills me and I only hope that when there is information it is positive as you say but it is not easy, it is really complicated even if there is only a pinch, an atom of hope, a miracle should happen.

    Me too, I saw her on Revenge and I liked her.

  9. #159
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Yes, I suppose that would be what they meant in the confusion.

    It is what I wait with great anxiety, so much waiting kills me and I only hope that when there is information it is positive as you say but it is not easy, it is really complicated even if there is only a pinch, an atom of hope, a miracle should happen.

    Me too, I saw her on Revenge and I liked her.
    After how long they've butchered her character and left her buried aside, it's very difficult to be optimistic and assume they will suddenly change her behavior towards her. Still hope is all we have left.

    Revenge is exactly what I saw her on too! I loved that show!

  10. #160
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    After how long they've butchered her character and left her buried aside, it's very difficult to be optimistic and assume they will suddenly change her behavior towards her. Still hope is all we have left.

    Revenge is exactly what I saw her on too! I loved that show!
    Yes, that's true, even if I say what I say regarding amora's poor development for years, I try to keep hope because I like this character a lot and nothing will change that, I expect a change, a real love of any writer (female or male) even if she has been treated so poorly for years but it is difficult to be positive and continue to be so polite when you try to ask a question for months and no one ever answers, I will always keep it that way, without insulting anyone or disrespecting them even though they may disrespect me, if that makes me naive, I'm sorry. I only wish for the best.

    I have recently seen that TV series and I liked it although I did not know it at first.

    Always I wish for an Enchantress book. Personally about writers for an Enchantress limited series or an ongoing book, I would love to see people like Amanda Conner, Gail Simone, Ann Nocenti, Louise Simonson, Kelly Sue Deconnick, Al Ewing, Walt Simonson, Nick Spencer, Dan Slott, Roger Stern, Kurt Busiek, Peter David ... anyone who will give her a huge boost of development and fun regarding her. About artists there are a lot I like.

  11. #161
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Yes, that's true, even if I say what I say regarding amora's poor development for years, I try to keep hope because I like this character a lot and nothing will change that, I expect a change, a real love of any writer (female or male) even if she has been treated so poorly for years but it is difficult to be positive and continue to be so polite when you try to ask a question for months and no one ever answers, I will always keep it that way, without insulting anyone or disrespecting them even though they may disrespect me, if that makes me naive, I'm sorry. I only wish for the best.

    I have recently seen that TV series and I liked it although I did not know it at first.

    Always I wish for an Enchantress book. Personally about writers for an Enchantress limited series or an ongoing book, I would love to see people like Amanda Conner, Gail Simone, Ann Nocenti, Louise Simonson, Kelly Sue Deconnick, Al Ewing, Walt Simonson, Nick Spencer, Dan Slott, Roger Stern, Kurt Busiek, Peter David ... anyone who will give her a huge boost of development and fun regarding her. About artists there are a lot I like.
    I have to salute you for holding on as long as you have been able to and still being able to keep even a glimmer of hope after so many dead ends and even writers flat out ignoring you. It's so insensitive of them that it makes me wonder how they hope to keep any fans with that attitude. I think it is commendable of you to hold on to your principles and not lower yourself to their level, regardless of how they treat you. I don't think I could be as compassionate towards them, let alone respectful.

    I used to watch Revenge back when it aired for four years on TV. It was supposed to have a spinoff show at one point but I guess those plans never reached fruition.

    It is very surprising that characters like Loki and Sif have both gotten their own books, same with Valkyrie and Jane Foster, but not even a miniseries or one-shot for Enchantress. I think even an anthology book based on different Asgardian characters could be a start if it prominently features Amora. I love a lot of the writers you listed particularly Ann Nocenti, the Simonsons, Kelly Sue Deconnick, and Kurt Busiek. The Simonsons have given Amora respect and Kurt Busiek is a fan of the classics so I feel he would be sympathetic towards her.

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I have to salute you for holding on as long as you have been able to and still being able to keep even a glimmer of hope after so many dead ends and even writers flat out ignoring you. It's so insensitive of them that it makes me wonder how they hope to keep any fans with that attitude. I think it is commendable of you to hold on to your principles and not lower yourself to their level, regardless of how they treat you. I don't think I could be as compassionate towards them, let alone respectful.

    I used to watch Revenge back when it aired for four years on TV. It was supposed to have a spinoff show at one point but I guess those plans never reached fruition.

    It is very surprising that characters like Loki and Sif have both gotten their own books, same with Valkyrie and Jane Foster, but not even a miniseries or one-shot for Enchantress. I think even an anthology book based on different Asgardian characters could be a start if it prominently features Amora. I love a lot of the writers you listed particularly Ann Nocenti, the Simonsons, Kelly Sue Deconnick, and Kurt Busiek. The Simonsons have given Amora respect and Kurt Busiek is a fan of the classics so I feel he would be sympathetic towards her.
    Thank you, it is good to hear that someone appreciates and values ​​my opinion. I know, but not all writers are the same, there are some who clearly value and respect their fans. I like to see someone like Kurt Busiek writing around the forum from time to time, that says a lot about him and I have great respect for it and his work.

    Yes, we all have to be faithful to the principles and be polite and continue and be consistent with what we say and do. If I have the possibility to write to someone and that someone answers me with the same respect and education there is no problem, the problem is to consider and see everyone equally without distinctions between the educated and the disrespectful, Twitter is a nest of lack of education about.

    Too bad, it was a good series that could have lasted a little longer, but, well, there are more very good series out there, Currently I like Stargirl a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing the second season of the Doom Patrol when it airs.

    I do not understand it either and I wish that Amora had the same respect as other characters, that they would give her a chance at a good story instead of repeating constantly over and over again with the same that clearly it is more than superated and treating her like a real goddess, not like those second-row characters in the style of those who fight against Spider-Man or Daredevil. Amora is not that kind of a character, she has never been such that kind of a character, she deserves more love and more respect. Thank you, they are writers that I love and I have never read anything bad about them, always very good and entertaining stories that have helped me improve my mood (and still do actually).

  13. #163
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Thank you, it is good to hear that someone appreciates and values ​​my opinion. I know, but not all writers are the same, there are some who clearly value and respect their fans. I like to see someone like Kurt Busiek writing around the forum from time to time, that says a lot about him and I have great respect for it and his work.

    Yes, we all have to be faithful to the principles and be polite and continue and be consistent with what we say and do. If I have the possibility to write to someone and that someone answers me with the same respect and education there is no problem, the problem is to consider and see everyone equally without distinctions between the educated and the disrespectful, Twitter is a nest of lack of education about.

    Too bad, it was a good series that could have lasted a little longer, but, well, there are more very good series out there, Currently I like Stargirl a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing the second season of the Doom Patrol when it airs.

    I do not understand it either and I wish that Amora had the same respect as other characters, that they would give her a chance at a good story instead of repeating constantly over and over again with the same that clearly it is more than superated and treating her like a real goddess, not like those second-row characters in the style of those who fight against Spider-Man or Daredevil. Amora is not that kind of a character, she has never been such that kind of a character, she deserves more love and more respect. Thank you, they are writers that I love and I have never read anything bad about them, always very good and entertaining stories that have helped me improve my mood (and still do actually).
    Kurt Busiek has always been very respectful to the fans and I think in part that is because he himself was a super fan when he was growing up. So he knows how to treat us and I know everyone really appreciates how he answers questions on this forum.

    Twitter can be a very difficult place to interact especially with Marvel writers and editors because I've frankly seen some of their behavior and they are generally quite rude to the fans. Some of them go out of their way to embarass fans which is completely shameless imo. It may almost be a blessing in disguise to not have had to interact with them because if they actually did, I feel like they might be quite rude and spiteful.

    I agree, I would have liked to have seen Revenge continue on as well. I watch a show called The Resident which also has Emily VanCamp (the lead of Revenge) as one of the major characters. It is a medical show though so different from Revenge in every way. I haven't seen Stargirl or Doom Patrol but I've heard a lot of good things about Stargirl.

    And honestly, even Spider-Man's villains seem to get a lot more respect from the writers than Amora has. They get used quite regularly and always are brought back, but I haven't seen this occur with Amora. I do think part of the reason for it is because she's a female villain and Marvel has always had issues with female characters. A female superhero is hard enough for them, but I think a female villain confounds them more. There's a reason that the other most popular female villain is Mystique and she's treated like a hero in the movies and even the comics a lot. Other female villains tend to get written off and ignored a lot. Yes, all those writers you listed I haven't heard anything negative about them so that's always a plus.

  14. #164
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Kurt Busiek has always been very respectful to the fans and I think in part that is because he himself was a super fan when he was growing up. So he knows how to treat us and I know everyone really appreciates how he answers questions on this forum.
    Right, and that says a lot about him and it is something that is really appreciated, I think that if one day there were an Enchantress (limited series or an ongoing) book I would like him to do it, with his extensive knowledge of the library he has, I think It would be great, even to revitalize Amora to the most current times without ignoring the classic that could serve as a leap to redemption (maybe like the Thunderbolts but instead of a team with a solo character and that could serve in turn as a form of balance with the development of Loki of the last years)

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Twitter can be a very difficult place to interact especially with Marvel writers and editors because I've frankly seen some of their behavior and they are generally quite rude to the fans. Some of them go out of their way to embarass fans which is completely shameless imo. It may almost be a blessing in disguise to not have had to interact with them because if they actually did, I feel like they might be quite rude and spiteful.
    I know, unfortunately I have lived it and it has come to feel bad when I have always been polite and asked without any malice or with the desire to disturb anyone, simply the question of a fan who appreciated their work.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I agree, I would have liked to have seen Revenge continue on as well. I watch a show called The Resident which also has Emily VanCamp (the lead of Revenge) as one of the major characters. It is a medical show though so different from Revenge in every way. I haven't seen Stargirl or Doom Patrol but I've heard a lot of good things about Stargirl.
    That series doesn't sound familiar to me, maybe I'll watch it during the week if I'm able to find it. Stargirl, it is really recommended, I was surprised and that without having any idea about the character except what I had once read from the JSA.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    And honestly, even Spider-Man's villains seem to get a lot more respect from the writers than Amora has. They get used quite regularly and always are brought back, but I haven't seen this occur with Amora. I do think part of the reason for it is because she's a female villain and Marvel has always had issues with female characters. A female superhero is hard enough for them, but I think a female villain confounds them more. There's a reason that the other most popular female villain is Mystique and she's treated like a hero in the movies and even the comics a lot. Other female villains tend to get written off and ignored a lot. Yes, all those writers you listed I haven't heard anything negative about them so that's always a plus.
    Right, look at characters like Kraven or the Green Goblin (although in this case it started the day Gwen Stacy died), they have always been appearing even after being death and with an enviable character development. It is possible but as I said a few days ago, most of the female characters and I dare say that the writer who has done it since always and its beginnings was Chris Claremont with the mutants, hence, most of the female mutant characters have had a much greater development than the rest of the Marvel Universe with exceptions such as the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, The Black Widow, Mary Jane Watson and The Invisible Woman, while the rest were especially stagnant like the Enchantress or even Sif, and Jane Foster until the last 4-5 years they did not start doing something serious (whoever likes it).

    The case of the Enchantress is special because of all the Asgardian female characters, she is the only one who does not fit the stereotype of the rest (look, they are all warriors, even Lorelei, sister of Amora) and therefore she can be considered as unique.

  15. #165
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Right, and that says a lot about him and it is something that is really appreciated, I think that if one day there were an Enchantress (limited series or an ongoing) book I would like him to do it, with his extensive knowledge of the library he has, I think It would be great, even to revitalize Amora to the most current times without ignoring the classic that could serve as a leap to redemption (maybe like the Thunderbolts but instead of a team with a solo character and that could serve in turn as a form of balance with the development of Loki of the last years)



    I know, unfortunately I have lived it and it has come to feel bad when I have always been polite and asked without any malice or with the desire to disturb anyone, simply the question of a fan who appreciated their work.



    That series doesn't sound familiar to me, maybe I'll watch it during the week if I'm able to find it. Stargirl, it is really recommended, I was surprised and that without having any idea about the character except what I had once read from the JSA.



    Right, look at characters like Kraven or the Green Goblin (although in this case it started the day Gwen Stacy died), they have always been appearing even after being death and with an enviable character development. It is possible but as I said a few days ago, most of the female characters and I dare say that the writer who has done it since always and its beginnings was Chris Claremont with the mutants, hence, most of the female mutant characters have had a much greater development than the rest of the Marvel Universe with exceptions such as the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, The Black Widow, Mary Jane Watson and The Invisible Woman, while the rest were especially stagnant like the Enchantress or even Sif, and Jane Foster until the last 4-5 years they did not start doing something serious (whoever likes it).

    The case of the Enchantress is special because of all the Asgardian female characters, she is the only one who does not fit the stereotype of the rest (look, they are all warriors, even Lorelei, sister of Amora) and therefore she can be considered as unique.
    Has Kurt Busiek ever done anything with Amora before? I can't remember if she popped up in his Avengers run in the late 90s. I know Morgan le Fay had a heavy role in the opening arc so he's clearly got talent dealing with powerful sorceresses. A redemption would be nice for Amora since all the major villains these days have basically been reformed to anti-hero status at least.

    I avoid Marvel interactions on social media altogether. And then the writers and editors have the audacity to claim that WE bullied them off.

    I've never really read DC and I only watched the first seasons of Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow and then I stopped after that so I didn't think much of Stargirl. I might have to reconsider now with all the praise for it. I honestly don't know much about the character either besides her appearance.

    Even a character like Black Widow only got a boost from the MCU. I think they gave Scarlet Witch more prominence because they planned on using her in the MCU otherwise she was absent for about a decade as well. Wasp was given a boost in the 80s but then she kinda faded away until she was killed off and brought back again but focus on her is divided now because of the new Wasp. Even Mary Jane was basically shunted off after One More Day and only in the last few years have the writers felt comfortable bringing her back. Sif I think only got a brief boost because of the MCU as well. I don't remember if they ever explained why they picked Jane out of all the female characters to be Thor but I'm guessing they wanted a human character as they felt another Asgardian wouldn't be as relatable.

    That's why I like Amora as well because all the other female Asgardians were always warriors. It makes her stand out especially since Karnilla is the other exception and she's really not that popular.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •