Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, all of those DC examples as well. I'm glad Marvel has mainly been safe from stuff like that.
    Well ... they also had their things, something quite recent was with Captain America and the Secret Empire crossover and the whole issue of Thor and his loss of dignity regarding his hammer Mjolnir. I think that no character is saved for bad things, even Spider-Man.

If she had to be a villain again, it would have been more palatable had they a real reason to make her revert or some great story that justifies why she turned again and why it's important for her to be evil. However, they had nothing like that and turned her evil only to keep her as a background character they occasionally bring out for a small appearance.
    I would have expected it too but it is that Amora, after being exiled (I do not know how many times it has happened, too many I would say, even more than Thor or Loki when they did worse things than her), then we had a pretty good moment that I wished that evolved a little further as were those 4 issue that Warren Ellis wrote with the history of World Engine and the natural (not forced or manipulated) relationship of Amora and Thor. Then came the Jurgens run after Heroes Reborn and then the darkness because her appearances were decreasing and her importance as well, and that I have never liked since it was the beginning that they began to marginalize Amora in a bad way.

Yes, I'd like to see Loreli and Amora as co-leads and this way we can dive into their history and finally get their origin and parentage.
    I, too, am convinced that it would be a great story, perhaps one of the best related to Asgard if it were ever to be explained and if the right writer and artitst were there and things were done well, it would not be a typical Viking story but perhaps something more than that.

It was either Byrne or Claremont who upgraded Wasp powerwise but yes, it was Stern who then gave her the mantle of the Avengers leader and that really helped her take off. Magical women or superpowerful women seem very difficult for Marvel to use though hence the treatment of Wanda and Amora and you could throw in Jean as well. A character like Sue Storm is the most powerful FF member but she is still not soo powerful that she is viewed as a threat by writers.
    Claremont, I do not think so, he was very involved in the mutants books, maybe you was thinking of Roy Thomas or Steve Englehart or maybe Jim Shooter, Byrne is possible but I do not have him located there. You may be right about that, but Marvel may not like repeating the Phoenix thing too much except on some occasion, they prefer something more manageable, that a character has power, yes, but find a way to make that power more or less contained otherwise they can get out of hand and maybe that character has to die or end up in the background until a later time. The Amora thing, I think, is different, but neither does her to reduce everything to the theme of love, I would have liked Valentine's specials but explained by Amora the Enchantress, a kind of What Ifs but instead of seeing the Watcher observing alternative realities Having someone who is supposed to be the embodiment of love watching and narrating the stories of different characters and the relationships they have, it would be something fun.

Exactly, better not to hold our breath because we have both seen that Marvel does not make any promises and we cannot hold them to anything since they have ruined great potential and opportunities in the past.
    True, but as I said, let's keep hope, as long as there is a bit of it, the illusion should not disappear.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-24-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Thor Kill Crew Thor 5 page with Amora Cbr List

Thor Kill Crew: Every Member in the Asgardian God’s Murder Squad, Explained

https://www.cbr.com/thor-kill-crew-explained/

Though it is a prose novel and set in the past at least Lorelai will be in something.
    https://aconytebooks.com/press-relea...e-novel-range/

THE SWORD OF SURTUR by C L Werner

[Legends of Asgard] The God of War must explore a terrifying realm of eternal fire to reclaim his glory, in this epic fantasy novel of one of Odin’s greatest heroes.

Tyr, God of War and elder brother of Thor, embarks on a quest to seal his place at Odin’s side. Spurred on by loyal young Bjorn Wolfbane and the bewitching Lorelai, the trio set out to steal a sliver of Twilight, the sword of the fire giant Surtur, who will one day bring about Ragnarok and destroy Asgard. But the fiery realm of Muspelheim is fraught with volcanic trolls, lava Kraken, and Surtur’s brood of murderous warriors. Tyr must overcome both his own feelings and the motives of his allies, or risk triggering the apocalypse and cursing his name forever.

Pub Date: Dec 1st, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Though it is a prose novel and set in the past at least Lorelai will be in something.
    https://aconytebooks.com/press-relea...e-novel-range/

THE SWORD OF SURTUR by C L Werner

[Legends of Asgard] The God of War must explore a terrifying realm of eternal fire to reclaim his glory, in this epic fantasy novel of one of Odin’s greatest heroes.

Tyr, God of War and elder brother of Thor, embarks on a quest to seal his place at Odin’s side. Spurred on by loyal young Bjorn Wolfbane and the bewitching Lorelai, the trio set out to steal a sliver of Twilight, the sword of the fire giant Surtur, who will one day bring about Ragnarok and destroy Asgard. But the fiery realm of Muspelheim is fraught with volcanic trolls, lava Kraken, and Surtur’s brood of murderous warriors. Tyr must overcome both his own feelings and the motives of his allies, or risk triggering the apocalypse and cursing his name forever.

Pub Date: Dec 1st, 2020
    Looks interesting, I will put an eye on it, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Pretty nice art

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Pretty nice art
    I long to see Thor x Amora a loving couple once again instead of Thor x She-Hulk, whose relationship is doomed to fail. Jen's legal intellect doesn't interest Thor. What would be cool is to see the return of Dr. Don Blake as Thor's ID yet again...

Amora in Marvel future Flight in the Beach

video 011s- 017s

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...08265034670081

Last edited by juan678; 07-29-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Thank you very much, juan678, looks so nice.

Maybe Repost, Maybe No Amora Cover Variant Thor 6

https://twitter.com/ThorLawyer/statu...00163744661504

Maybe Repost, Maybe No Amora Cover Variant Thor 6

https://twitter.com/ThorLawyer/statu...00163744661504
    So pretty, I loved it.

In MARVEL FUTURE Fligh Amora new

In MARVEL FUTURE Fligh Amora new

Looks so pretty nice

Maybe with the new Jane Foster Valkyrie, we will see Enchantress pop up?

It could make for a very interesting story where Amora thinks it is Brunhilde, but surprise, it is former mortal Jane Foster!