Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    That would be fine but I do not agree on the question that the comics follow or should follow the synergies of the movies, it does not make much sense also there is something that was directly coincidental and even Al Ewing told me long ago when he include or made Lorelei (Amora's sister) return within the series of Loki: Agent of Asgard who coincidentally coincided with her appearance in TV's Agents of SHIELD and that was something that had no relationship. Unfortunately her exclusion in the MCU is even before the existence of the MCU itself, it's a situation of many more years ago (maybe since Thor 80 by Michael Avon Oeming (Avengers dissassembled storyline) when he killed-off her in the worst way possible).

Maybe, but it does not mean that Axis was especially a good saga, even, at that time I believed that there would be an Enchantress miniseries (there were Carnage and the Hobgoblin) and there never was and the little that she came out only it was briefly reflect on the Loki series and it's not like she was treated well after all or at least it didn't have the continuity it should have.

That is the problem, in Marvel they must be blind, I do not understand why so many missed opportunities regarding Amora and her connections with so many characters are so overlooked, it is as if they directly want to erase her from history or capable they would be to modify origins simply so as not to include her in those stories.

I no longer know what to do, it depresses me so much that directly and knowing that they will not treat me well or they will ignore me, I no longer bother to try, I just do not know what to do and I think I should worry about other things in life and that at Marvel they will know what they are doing, surely they would care so little about losing a fan. I hate and it saddens me that they ignore me when I try to be correct in what I ask, maybe i'm a bit annoying when I always ask the same thing, but If they never answer me, it is logical that I insist, I know that Twitter is not an easy way for a person to answer questions and in other media I don't even know how to do it.

The only things I would like are:

1) That they understand it and take the facts into consideration (there are sure to be many people who do not find normal that unfortunate treatment of so many years towards Amora) and realize that something cannot continue on that way,
    2) Respect and Justice.
    3) Basically they should listen more.
    4) a little more affection and love towards her.
    I didn't realize Loreli's appearance had nothing to do with Agents of SHIELD. Funny how that worked out. To be fair, weren't most of the Asgardians brutally killed off in Thor Disassembled? I don't mind that as much as the fact that pretty much all those characters were brought back afterwards except for Amora.

Marvel has always been obsessed with marketing Carnage for 90s fans and Hobgoblin as a Spidey villain has a strong following as well. I never would have expected them to do something with Amora like that.

I suppose the best thing to do at this point is just hope that Loki or Thor: Love and Thunder will introduce her and raise her profile. I saw in the other Amora thread that there was somebody spotted on the Loki set who could be her so that might be promising.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I didn't realize Loreli's appearance had nothing to do with Agents of SHIELD. Funny how that worked out. To be fair, weren't most of the Asgardians brutally killed off in Thor Disassembled? I don't mind that as much as the fact that pretty much all those characters were brought back afterwards except for Amora.

Marvel has always been obsessed with marketing Carnage for 90s fans and Hobgoblin as a Spidey villain has a strong following as well. I never would have expected them to do something with Amora like that.

I suppose the best thing to do at this point is just hope that Loki or Thor: Love and Thunder will introduce her and raise her profile. I saw in the other Amora thread that there was somebody spotted on the Loki set who could be her so that might be promising.
    Yes, but Lorelei returned in another way, she was not even there, apparently, she was dedicated to stealing from different places as if she was the Black Cat, it's a pity that Ewing did not explain that but the fact that Lorelei was almost invisible to Heimdall's eyes, I guess it already said a lot, it was as if she was a ghost that could do whatever she wanted considering that she died twice (personally her relationship with Sigurd is something that I like but I want to see it more developed and above all the reaction and how Amora sees that because then it is as if her younger sister had triumphed more than her and changed her life).

Everyone returned, including Amora, it was never known if JMS had plans for her or not but he left the Thor book leaving many things unexplained.

I have never found the popularity of a character like Carnage, even less Venom but I understand the evolution that Eddie Brock's character had since then, in the case of the Hobgoblin I might still like it especially for the great work of Stern when he wrote Spider-Man many years ago.

Yes, I suppose it will be the best, but you have to be realistic, the worst is to have illusions that later are not fulfilled, I wish things were better, but it took so long so as I have already said before it is very difficult.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-14-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Yes, but Lorelei returned in another way, she was not even there, apparently, she was dedicated to stealing from different places as if she was the Black Cat, it's a pity that Ewing did not explain that but the fact that Lorelei was almost invisible to Heimdall's eyes, I guess it already said a lot, it was as if she was a ghost that could do whatever she wanted considering that she died twice (personally her relationship with Sigurd is something that I like but I want to see it more developed and above all the reaction and how Amora sees that because then it is as if her younger sister had triumphed more than her and changed her life).

Everyone returned, including Amora, it was never known if JMS had plans for her or not but he left the Thor book leaving many things unexplained.

I have never found the popularity of a character like Carnage, even less Venom but I understand the evolution that Eddie Brock's character had since then, in the case of the Hobgoblin I might still like it especially for the great work of Stern when he wrote Spider-Man many years ago.

Yes, I suppose it will be the best, but you have to be realistic, the worst is to have illusions that later are not fulfilled, I wish things were better, but it took so long so as I have already said before it is very difficult.
    Thanks for explaining about Lorelei's role. As for after Ragnarok, you're right that technically all the characters were brought back but I meant that very few of them had major roles since then. Thor obviously and even Loki got a big boost from becoming Lady Loki. Sif, after her body was restored to her, was also given a somewhat prominent position. Amora felt like the one major character who even after her return never got a big story or any major involvement which I find shocking because she's not just an Asgardian in Thor's part of the Marvel Universe, but she's been an Avengers villain, fought the New Mutants, been antagonistic to Scarlet Witch, and teamed up with Loki. Even if Thor writers weren't using her, there's no excuse for her to be completely absent.

I don't see the appeal for Carnage either. I'm not a Venom fan either tbh but I can understand why people might be fascinated with him. I did enjoy Hobgoblin in Roger Stern's run although was the Hobgoblin in Axis even the same one as the classic one?

I'm not holding my breath but I will allow a small part of myself to hope and wish that we will see Amora have a role in the MCU. If she had been introduced before, she could have appeared in Wanda/Vision or have a role in Doctor Strange 2.

Thanks for explaining about Lorelei's role. As for after Ragnarok, you're right that technically all the characters were brought back but I meant that very few of them had major roles since then. Thor obviously and even Loki got a big boost from becoming Lady Loki. Sif, after her body was restored to her, was also given a somewhat prominent position. Amora felt like the one major character who even after her return never got a big story or any major involvement which I find shocking because she's not just an Asgardian in Thor's part of the Marvel Universe, but she's been an Avengers villain, fought the New Mutants, been antagonistic to Scarlet Witch, and teamed up with Loki. Even if Thor writers weren't using her, there's no excuse for her to be completely absent.

I don't see the appeal for Carnage either. I'm not a Venom fan either tbh but I can understand why people might be fascinated with him. I did enjoy Hobgoblin in Roger Stern's run although was the Hobgoblin in Axis even the same one as the classic one?

I'm not holding my breath but I will allow a small part of myself to hope and wish that we will see Amora have a role in the MCU. If she had been introduced before, she could have appeared in Wanda/Vision or have a role in Doctor Strange 2.
    That's true, I wish things would start to be different soon, I don't like to see that a great character like Amora has been treated like this for so long, I just want to read something good, enjoy it and feel good about what I read and right now I only see the opposite, I hope that in Marvel they begin to try a little more in this regard, because if her appearances are like those of the last 10 years, this will never change, I hope a good writer appears who wants to do something good with her, that he or she really likes the character (it is evident that Aaron or Fraction were not those writers, Gillen only cared about Loki and Donny Cates has already shown that about her, he does not care at all and expect to see her in his Thor run, it is clear that it will not happen).

I also wish to see more of Lorelei and the return of Sylvie Lushton someday.

For now I am going to contribute a drawing that I have found that I really liked.

Attached Images Attached Images

That's true, I wish things would start to be different soon, I don't like to see that a great character like Amora has been treated like this for so long, I just want to read something good, enjoy it and feel good about what I read and right now I only see the opposite, I hope that in Marvel they begin to try a little more in this regard, because if her appearances are like those of the last 10 years, this will never change, I hope a good writer appears who wants to do something good with her, that he or she really likes the character (it is evident that Aaron or Fraction were not those writers, Gillen only cared about Loki and Donny Cates has already shown that about her, he does not care at all and expect to see her in his Thor run, it is clear that it will not happen).

I also wish to see more of Lorelei and the return of Sylvie Lushton someday.

For now I am going to contribute a drawing that I have found that I really liked.

Yeah, I don't really understand how a character like the Executioner can get more love and respect than Amora does. Or how Hela seems to have supplanted Amora as the main Asgardian villainess.

Oh I love that fanart. Sif is my favorite Asgardian besides Amora and I've always wanted to see more stories between the two.

art by gardenio lima and Dean Kotz repost

Last edited by juan678; 06-16-2020 at 04:21 PM.

amora in marvel future avengers anime

Have Amora and Ares ever teamed up in the comics? I'd like to see that.

Yeah, I don't really understand how a character like the Executioner can get more love and respect than Amora does. Or how Hela seems to have supplanted Amora as the main Asgardian villainess.

Oh I love that fanart. Sif is my favorite Asgardian besides Amora and I've always wanted to see more stories between the two.
    I do not understand it, but it is what I said before, I say now and I will always say, too many missed opportunities and little affection towards the character, because in the end, the writers who write Thor or those who write other series and use the character without having much knowledge or have read almost nothing about it, they keep repeating themselves and using the same thing over and over again without contributing anything and for that reason, they mortally wound a great character who has much more.

I also like the drawing a lot, that's why I have contributed it here.

Have Amora and Ares ever teamed up in the comics? I'd like to see that.
    Avengers 100, 1972

I do not understand it, but it is what I said before, I say now and I will always say, too many missed opportunities and little affection towards the character, because in the end, the writers who write Thor or those who write other series and use the character without having much knowledge or have read almost nothing about it, they keep repeating themselves and using the same thing over and over again without contributing anything and for that reason, they mortally wound a great character who has much more.

I also like the drawing a lot, that's why I have contributed it here.
    I think the worst part is that there is no explanation or reason as to why she has been sidelined and writers act as if she doesn't exist. That makes it harder to figure out how the situation could change or if it will even change.

Avengers 100, 1972
    Thank you, I sometimes forget that Ares was a character before Mighty Avengers and Dark Reign.

I think the worst part is that there is no explanation or reason as to why she has been sidelined and writers act as if she doesn't exist. That makes it harder to figure out how the situation could change or if it will even change.

And that is why for the most part, I try to ask about the character's status and it is very frustrating to realize that I am always ignored or that the answers are always so vague or that there are simply no plans for her.

Thank you, I sometimes forget that Ares was a character before Mighty Avengers and Dark Reign.
    Yeah, you're welcome

I think that in all this that I have said in all these days and weeks means a lot and I am grateful to be able to speak to someone, and the fact that no one else joins the discussion or gives arguments to the contrary shows that what happens with this character is something very sad.

I have a strange feeling that although there may be news about Amora's inclusion in the Loki series or the MCU in general, people will still not talk about it or waste time talking about other things, it happened once in the middle of a story from a issue of Loki: Agent of Asgard at the time, people were just talking about Thor and Loki, and completely ignored Lorelei's argument / fight with her sister.

I would like that someday, in these forums, people will show interest sometime regarding the Marvel Enchantress and they can talk about things, that would enrich and it would be nice to be able to talk about something.

I think I can not say anything else, if someone shows interest, it will be fine to talk, but until there are changes, the most likely is that the thread will be left far behind in the next days or weeks, I did not open it this year, that It was made by a good friend like Juan678 and it is very grateful that things like this YouTube link of an Animated Series of the Avengers that until now I did not know of their existence can be contributed.

I think that in all this that I have said in all these days and weeks means a lot and I am grateful to be able to speak to someone, and the fact that no one else joins the discussion or gives arguments to the contrary shows that what happens with this character is something very sad.

I have a strange feeling that although there may be news about Amora's inclusion in the Loki series or the MCU in general, people will still not talk about it or waste time talking about other things, it happened once in the middle of a story from a issue of Loki: Agent of Asgard at the time, people were just talking about Thor and Loki, and completely ignored Lorelei's argument / fight with her sister.

I would like that someday, in these forums, people will show interest sometime regarding the Marvel Enchantress and they can talk about things, that would enrich and it would be nice to be able to talk about something.

I think I can not say anything else, if someone shows interest, it will be fine to talk, but until there are changes, the most likely is that the thread will be left far behind in the next days or weeks, I did not open it this year, that It was made by a good friend like Juan678 and it is very grateful that things like this YouTube link of an Animated Series of the Avengers that until now I did not know of their existence can be contributed.
    I'm glad I could be there for you to vent about the character and her treatment. I truly hoped that there were new plans for her in store after the past few years.

I'm hoping that if Amora shows up in Loki, the casting for her is successful and she takes off as a character so even casual fans who do not know her will fall in love with her and want more of her. Especially since Loki's character will likely be retiring soon so we need a substitute for him and who better than Amora who has family issues of her own. I'm not surprised that Lorelei was ignored in Loki: Agent of Asgard because Loki fans will only be interested in him and his relationship with Thor. The trick is developing new Amora fans, preferably out of the Loki fans because they are a huge fandom.

Yes, I have that hope too and I really think that if the MCU gives Amora a chance, that can revive her fanbase.

I'm glad the thread was opened so props to Juan678 for creating it so Amora wasn't left behind. I see so many characters who are arguably more popular but their threads have barely any pages or activity. It shows a lot that Amora has a few fans who are dedicated enough to her to keep her character going on in this thread.

I have often joined in the conversation here. I really like Amora and have from the beginning.

I think there are many more good stories that could be written about her, with Enchantress and Sif, Valkyrie and the Scarlet Witch, just to name a few. Also, Enchantress with Thor, Hercules, Ares and Executioner, as well as Wonder Man and evil Power Man (now Atlas). So many possibilities left unanswered..........!!