Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1949
  1. #1771
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6,067

    Default

    I wonder if Joe is going to be piloting both the “Bruce” and the “Hulk” bodies now?

  2. #1772
    Doc Sasquatch Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Fixit vs U-Foes could be great!

  3. #1773
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if Joe is going to be piloting both the “Bruce” and the “Hulk” bodies now?
    I'd guess just the Bruce body.

  4. #1774
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    421

    Default

    What are some good Bruce Banner character moments that stand out? And what are some good issues that explore the psychology of the Bruce/Hulk dynamic? I also think that Thunderbolt Ross over the years has been a great antagonist. I love how he became Red Hulk, thought that was a nice addition. I've been a little out of the loop but heard that Red Hulk might be coming back too.

  5. #1775
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'd guess just the Bruce body.
    Bennett already spoiled spoilers:
    a transformation of his in both green and grey body on Instagram, so he will be piloting both of those as well as Bruce's body.
    end of spoilers

  6. #1776
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What are some good Bruce Banner character moments that stand out? And what are some good issues that explore the psychology of the Bruce/Hulk dynamic? I also think that Thunderbolt Ross over the years has been a great antagonist. I love how he became Red Hulk, thought that was a nice addition. I've been a little out of the loop but heard that Red Hulk might be coming back too.
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  7. #1777
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    It's funny how much effort Ewing puts into trying to keep things into continuity as well as respecting other creators and what they do and he rarely gets that same level of respect from other writers, especially guys who famously don't care about continuity and sometimes even go directly against it because they have their own vision.

  8. #1778
    Doc Sasquatch Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's funny how much effort Ewing puts into trying to keep things into continuity as well as respecting other creators and what they do and he rarely gets that same level of respect from other writers, especially guys who famously don't care about continuity and sometimes even go directly against it because they have their own vision.
    That's one of the reasons I like and respect him even more. I believe that's how I'd work if I were an professional comic book writer.

  9. #1779
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's funny how much effort Ewing puts into trying to keep things into continuity as well as respecting other creators and what they do and he rarely gets that same level of respect from other writers, especially guys who famously don't care about continuity and sometimes even go directly against it because they have their own vision.
    Other writers should be sat down to learn lessons from Ewing.

    He's doing EXACTLY what most modern writers can't do. That is:

    1. Build on existing continuity
    2. Mine said rich and extensive continuity for new and fresh ideas
    3. Use the characters as they are without "breaking" them *cough AaaronThor cough*

    This is something a lot of writers seem to struggle with nowadays.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  10. #1780
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,476

    Default

    So Fixit in charge of multiple forms could be interesting; maybe he'll wear the grey look for old time's sake for a bit (As one of the panels seems to show) but upgrade to the stronger "big guy"/Demon Hulk green Hulk body for actual fighting.


    Kind of like the Mantlo comics where Bruce would turn into the Hulk and retain his mind in both forms, but in this case it's Fixit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  11. #1781
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    And this is why they shouldn't have let the Captain America writer use non-CA characters.
    "Cable was right!"

  12. #1782
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And this is why they shouldn't have let the Captain America writer use non-CA characters.
    Cap is an odd miss mash of characters, really. Ross fit the plot and his resurrection shouldn't need something as cliche as an LMD, but then we have Selene running around for some reason.

  13. #1783
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    fucking amazing editors right here
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Guy
    There are creatures science refuses to recognize...but if new technology makes us question what is real...If OUR EYES SEE IT...IF OUR CAMERAS CAPTURE IT...DOES IT EXIST? ENTER A REALM WHERE FACT meets FICTION....SCIENCE meets LEGEND...WHERE NIGHTMARES COME TO LIFE...DO YOU BELIEVE?"

  14. #1784
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    Well that's fucking stupid.

    Is it by the same writer who used Red Hulk, or another one who decided to bring him back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's funny how much effort Ewing puts into trying to keep things into continuity as well as respecting other creators and what they do and he rarely gets that same level of respect from other writers, especially guys who famously don't care about continuity and sometimes even go directly against it because they have their own vision.
    At the very least, he's bothering to make the effort, says a lot about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Other writers should be sat down to learn lessons from Ewing.

    He's doing EXACTLY what most modern writers can't do. That is:

    1. Build on existing continuity
    2. Mine said rich and extensive continuity for new and fresh ideas
    3. Use the characters as they are without "breaking" them *cough AaaronThor cough*

    This is something a lot of writers seem to struggle with nowadays.
    Marvel and DC let a lot more incompetent people around nowadays, both writers and editors can be so bad... Starting to think editors are like Santa Claus .

  15. #1785
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well that's fucking stupid.

    Is it by the same writer who used Red Hulk, or another one who decided to bring him back?
    It's the same writer who killed Ross off in the first place.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •