Page 102 of 147 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2205
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I agree, i don't like Hulk being a "team player" it just doesn't work with him, especially current Hulk.
    I think it works for character development, but comic books hate character development, so that's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think it works for character development, but comic books hate character development, so that's never going to happen.
    Hulk/Bruce does have character development, but it's generally going away from being an Avenger or similar, not toward it.

Since Planet Hulk he should want nothing to do with any of them aside from Jen. But then the movies happened so he got stuck on the team for no reason.

Aside from that Hulk's just too dang powerful, and too dang uncontrollably to be hanging around with the Avengers.

Which means his only role on the team is be worfed constantly. Which I don't think any Hulk fan is interested in reading.

Jen fillsvthe roll of team friendly gamma-mutate. No reason to bh use Bruce for that while you have Jen.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312/...02943036063744

Hulk either joins or fights the Avengers in a comic series coming out next year, which comic series i am not sure, my money is on a new Avengers relaunch with a new creative team.
    Probably another Avengers "No" series.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Probably another Avengers "No" series.
    Which I think most of us would be fine with. Hulk fight the same opponent as the Avengers from time to time. But he shouldn't be on the roster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk/Bruce does have character development, but it's generally going away from being an Avenger or similar, not toward it.

Since Planet Hulk he should want nothing to do with any of them aside from Jen. But then the movies happened so he got stuck on the team for no reason.

Aside from that Hulk's just too dang powerful, and too dang uncontrollably to be hanging around with the Avengers.

Which means his only role on the team is be worfed constantly. Which I don't think any Hulk fan is interested in reading.

Jen fillsvthe roll of team friendly gamma-mutate. No reason to bh use Bruce for that while you have Jen.
    The fact that Jen is weaker is what makes her a "Poor Man's Hulk". No one will respect her as much as the OG.

That's why she can't substitute him.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The fact that Jen is weaker is what makes her a "Poor Man's Hulk". No one will respect her as much as the OG.

That's why she can't substitute him.
    Problem is if you put Bruce on the Avengers he'll just fulfill the role Jen does now, "Poor Man's Hulk." Because Hulk on the Avengers can't really be the Hulk.

(As opposed to classic Jen who was her own character. )

Use Jen, or use Skaar if you want a more brutal Hulk. Bruce just isn't a team player. He's already been on the team too many times as it is since the first Avenger movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Problem is if you put Bruce on the Avengers he'll just fulfill the role Jen does now, "Poor Man's Hulk." Because Hulk on the Avengers can't really be the Hulk.

(As opposed to classic Jen who was her own character. )

Use Jen, or use Skaar if you want a more brutal Hulk. Bruce just isn't a team player. He's already been on the team too many times as it is since the first Avenger movie.
    I guess it's fair. He's not really a hero anyways.

Immortal Hulk can work as an ally of convenience more than a consistent member.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Immortal Hulk can work as an ally of convenience more than a consistent member.
    True, though I don't see the whole 'inability to die' lasting past Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't know why he bothered with that development. It's not like Marvel will permanently kill off Banner any way.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know why he bothered with that development. It's not like Marvel will permanently kill off Banner any way.
    Maybe because it's a cool aspect of the character and a meta-narrative as to why he keeps dying and yet always comes back over the decades?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's arguably why Ewing did it. Everyone knows Bruce will never die. So let's not only take it off the table, let's take it to it's natural conclusion with a desiccated husk sitting alone in a dead universe.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    There's mentions of this aspect since PAD's run. Nothing new. Ewing just made it explicit, enriching his mythology and introducing great/unique concepts like the GD and TOBA.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Unused Leader Concepts

Creepy as hell. Bennett is a master!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    There's mentions of this aspect since PAD's run. Nothing new. Ewing just made it explicit, enriching his mythology and introducing great/unique concepts like the GD and TOBA.
    Under PAD, Bruce/Hulk edged himself back to life after some dangerous scrapes.

Under Ewing, Hulk comes back from the dead like almost on a daily basis.

Little different