Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2205
    Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

I have a strong feeling that the triads (Glow, Guardian, and Goblin) will get involved in the next issue to defeat the leader and I also have a feeling that Brian Banner might actually do something good for once in his life while in below place. Not sure, but I'm betting on the triads because the variant cover for the next issue show them up front somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    I have a strong feeling that the triads (Glow, Guardian, and Goblin) will get involved in the next issue to defeat the leader and I also have a feeling that Brian Banner might actually do something good for once in his life while in below place. Not sure, but I'm betting on the triads because the variant cover for the next issue show them up front somehow.
    I dunno if you have been reading the solicitations for the next few issues but Leader wont be defeated next issue, actually i wont spoil it for you if you haven't seen it but it doesn't go the way you think it does. Also i very much doubt Brian Banner is gonna do anything good, Ewing said he views him as a rotten human down to his very core.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh Leader. All the brainpower and you still keep underestimating the basic core of how Hulk works. spoilers:
    You shouldn’t have made Devil Hulk angry. You won’t like him when he’s angry.
    end of spoilers
    Good issue but it’s mostly buildup towards the climatic fight happening next. Can’t wait for the next issue, Bennet is going to draw the hell out of a mindscape fight I’m sure. We know Devil sadly isn’t going to wipe the floor with Leader but I’m very excited to see what goes down and how it leads to Joe being the only one left in control. Also I love how Bennet draws Brian Banner, he’s so delightfully insane.
    I didn't wanna say it at first but don't a lot of these issues feel like build up? And a lot of the times they don't deliver as much as they build up, i mean they are still good but somehow they tend to hype up things more than what the outcome ends up being. I keep noticing more and more of this with each Immortal Hulk issue.

I'm curious what's the general take on Immortal Hulk amongst the Hulk fandom? I'm in absolutely love with the run so far but I've never read much Hulk growing up despite him being one of my childhood favorites; so I'm curious how it stacks up with the more knowledgeable Hulk fans. I never know how the fandoms react, like, before I was really digging Coates' Galactic Black Panther stuff and was surprised to find that the BP fans on here HAAAATED everything Coates was doing LOL
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-14-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm curious what's the general take on Immortal Hulk amongst the Hulk fandom? I'm in absolutely love with the run so far but I've never read much Hulk growing up despite him being one of my childhood favorites; so I'm curious how it stacks up with the more knowledgeable Hulk fans. I never know how the fandoms react, like, before I was really digging Coates' Galactic Black Panther stuff and was surprised to find that the BP fans on here HAAAATED everything Coates was doing LOL
    It basically has universal praise, believe me. Most of the fans absolutely love Immortal Hulk.

Spectacular Member

It's pretty much loved by everyone with the obvious minor quibbles from time to time. It's already considered a run to be discussed with Mantlo, David, Pak, etc.

Honestly I prefer it to David's run but it also owes so much to Peter David, and David was on the book for so long, that you still have to pay respect to what Peter David pulled off.

BANNED

It's one of the best, if not THE BEST Hulk runs that have ever existed, i think it's fair to wait for the end of the series but if it continues on this track record then yea it really will be the best series. It explores the characters very much in depth, it gives Hulk some very complex lore, the horror and gore is fantastic, it brings back some villains we haven't seen in a long time and does them justice like Xemnu, Leader and most likely the U-Foes are coming too which i can't wait as well, havent seen them against the Hulk in decades.

Any complaints that exist on it are honestly minor, stuff like "i wish we got more smashing, etc..." but it's honestly not a big deal, not in this type of run.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I wasn't much of a Hulk fan, I've read the odd story once in a while. I have been really enjoying Immortal Hulk. I think the Hulk and X-Men books are the most interesting things Marvel is putting out currently.

I tried reading Coates Black Panther and just couldn't get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I wasn't much of a Hulk fan, I've read the odd story once in a while. I have been really enjoying Immortal Hulk. I think the Hulk and X-Men books are the most interesting things Marvel is putting out currently.

I tried reading Coates Black Panther and just couldn't get into it.
    I was going to reply to this thread but then, I felt telepathic fingers in my head and realized that you just wrote what I was thinking. Go back through the green door already and get out of my head!!!!

IH #38 was fascinating. The writing is always spectacular, but I guess the art was even better on this issue. The design for Devil Hulk is incredible, and I'd love to see it outside from Banner's mindscape!

Fantastic Member

Interesting how Devil Hulk has a lot of Hulk 2099 characteristics, then again Bennett did some work on that title too.

Immortal Hulk #38 Reviews

Newsarama (10 out of 10)

Chock full of existential dread and dynamically emotive artwork, and further armed with a tremendous cliffhanger, Immortal Hulk #38 makes a very strong case for being one of the best issues of the whole series. Keeping the consistency of Marvel's heaviest titles hovering between good and great, Immortal Hulk #38 is another standout issue for the standout series.

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-shot...otive-artwork/

AIPT! (10 out of 10)

What more can be said about Immortal Hulk at this point? Listen, it’s consistently the best thing on the shelves every couple of weeks. Every issue is better than the one before, and each story – from the horror anthology of the first couple issues, to the Hulk against the Army story, to the Xemnu story – is fantastic in its own way. The art, as well, has been great, with character and story shining out from every line and color in each issue. There have been thousands of words written by many about just how fantastic this series is.

And that’s what this Hulk run really is. It’s all about the different ideas of the Hulk, and what exactly that Hulk is. It's fantastic. Full stop."

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/14/im...ulk-38-review/
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 10-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So it confirmed that Devil Hulk also gets stronger with rage or could be possibly be something more akin to protection?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So it confirmed that Devil Hulk also gets stronger with rage or could be possibly be something more akin to protection?
    He always got stronger with rage, the problem is if he got too angry he reverted to Savage Hulk, IIRC Ewing mentioned how this worked as a safety net so that Devil Hulk doesn't go too crazy.

What a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I dunno if you have been reading the solicitations for the next few issues but Leader wont be defeated next issue, actually i wont spoil it for you if you haven't seen it but it doesn't go the way you think it does. Also i very much doubt Brian Banner is gonna do anything good, Ewing said he views him as a rotten human down to his very core.

I didn't wanna say it at first but don't a lot of these issues feel like build up? And a lot of the times they don't deliver as much as they build up, i mean they are still good but somehow they tend to hype up things more than what the outcome ends up being. I keep noticing more and more of this with each Immortal Hulk issue.
    They are, and that’s why I’ve held off on declaring Immortal Hulk the GOAT Hulk run despite loving the entire run so far. If Ewing botches the ending it’s going to hurt the run as a whole, because all of those excellent build up issues will have built towards something underwhelming. So I’m waiting for that final issue to end up in my hands before I give a final judgement on Immortal Hulk.

That said, do I have confidence that Ewing is going to nail the ending? Yes. Why? Because he already did so with the Shadow Base and Roxxon arcs. Both of those had occasional parts that made me wonder if the sheen was wearing off. I never stopped enjoying reading each issue, but there were issues where I wondered if Ewing had peaked already. But then we got Hulk turning Shadow Base into Gamma Base and the apocalyptic future of issue 25. And we got the most terrifying bit of body horror yet with the conclusion of the Roxxon arc, as well as the reveal of Leader and just how much he had been involved with this run from the start. The next issue looks like it will be a conclusion to the “mindscape” arc, and will lead into the finale. I’m confident next issue will be a banger, and then we’ll get another brief lull period as Ewing builds up to the issue 50 finale. I could be wrong, and if I am a lot of these issues won’t hold up, similar to how a lot of Aaron’s Thor ended up being underwhelming culminating as it did in the tepid War of Realms. But I’ve got faith in Ewing.
    It is the most exciting the Hulk series has been since Planet Hulk. I’ve seen a ton of people who have said they weren’t Hulk fans yet they’re jumping on board for the ride. This run has really revitalized the Hulk, shown that he’s a character you can do a lot with. Hope this doesn’t sound pretentious, but the closest analog would be what Alan Moore did with Swamp Thing. I’ve loved it so far and if Ewing nails the ending it’s going to go down as one of my GOAT superhero comic book runs with Johns GL, Hickman Fantastic Four/Avengers, Morrison Animal Man/Doom Patrol/Batman/Action Comics, Moore Swamp Thing, and Azzarelo Wonder Woman.