Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Marvel Reveals First Look at Devil Hulk (Exclusive)

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ulk-exclusive/

Amazing art!

BANNED

This isn't the first look at Devil Hulk lol, do people that write these articles actually read the stories or understand what they are reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This isn't the first look at Devil Hulk lol, do people that write these articles actually read the stories or understand what they are reading...
    I doubt they remember him from the Jenkins' run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I doubt they remember him from the Jenkins' run.
    Not even talking about the Jenkins run, we have seen Devil Hulk appearance inside Bruces mind in a flashback already in the Immortal Hulk series and in the Carnage event tie in, on top of that the person writing the article said this

Devil Hulk has had a large influence on Bruce throughout the series, but we've never seen Devil Hulk in person.
    Yes we have dozens of times, he just appeared as regular Hulk which is actually his true form, the lizard/snake like form only exists because that's how Bruce envisioned him as, likely because he was so afraid of him.

I'm guessing that in the distance is the possesed green scar dragging savage Hulk. There's also some preview art from back a bit showing two Banners tied up, possibly Banner and Fixit, being approached by the Green scar although some thought it could also be a "Bannerized" professer.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Not even talking about the Jenkins run, we have seen Devil Hulk appearance inside Bruces mind in a flashback already in the Immortal Hulk series and in the Carnage event tie in, on top of that the person writing the article said this

Yes we have dozens of times, he just appeared as regular Hulk which is actually his true form, the lizard/snake like form only exists because that's how Bruce envisioned him as, likely because he was so afraid of him.
    Yeah, I see what you're talking about.

Well, most articles from comicbook, cbr, newsarama don't make sense anyway.

Yeah, I see what you're talking about.

Well, most articles from comicbook, cbr, newsarama don't make sense anyway.
    I think that there is onoy one guy that actually does research, but i can't remember his name. But overall, yeah, they are badly written pieces. A few years ago i always got mad whenever they talked about Spider-Man.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Cool

Marvel Reveals First Look at Devil Hulk (Exclusive)

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ulk-exclusive/

Amazing art!
    Nice, looks wicked, and rightly so.

The imprisonment setup for Devil Hulk is visually reminiscent of Doomsday's initial iconic introduction (further detailed in his OG backstory), which was also epic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nice, looks wicked, and rightly so.

The imprisonment setup for Devil Hulk is visually reminiscent of Doomsday's initial iconic introduction (further detailed in his OG backstory), which was also epic.
    Yeah, it does!

You can see how angry He's becoming, with Leader/GS dragging Savage Hulk's body.

Btw, Immortal Hulk #37 is the best reviewed book from this week with a average grade 9.5. From Marvel, the second/third places went to Star Wars #6 and Marvels Snapshot: X-Men #1, both with 9.0.

The 3 worst from Marvel were Thor #7, Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins of Norman Osborn #1 & Star Wars: Darth Vader #5.

https://comicbookroundup.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #290
    “Unholy Alliance!”

Cover Date: December 1983
    Sale Date: September 6th, 1983
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Carlos Garzon
    Letterer: Mickey Higgens
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Kate Waynesboro, Abomination
    Villain: MODOK
    Synopsis: The Abomination arrives at MODOK’s Atlantic Seaboard base with Kate Waynesboro, unaware of his ousting by various factions of AIM. He quickly hands her over and begins cowering in fear, leaving the scientists to decide to use Kata as a guinea pig to create a NEW MODOK. A mile away, Banner’s gamma tracker has also led him to MODOK’s secret base. Circumstances force the Hulk and MODOK to team together and they arrive in time to see Kate reborn as Ms. MODOK. Banner is horrified, while MODOK is infatuated. The two mutatations then proclaim their attraction to each other and decide to wed. The Hulk fights back, but is overwhelmed. MODOK then turns his anger on the Abomination and disintegrates him. This disgusts Ms. MODOK and she and the Hulk team up and send MODOK retreating, but not before he sends her back into the alteration platform. Kate then reappears and Banner professes his feelings for her.
    Commentary: Don’t know who Carlos Garzon was/is, but yikes…clash of styles on Sal. And I’m not sure about what to say about Ms. Modok either. Cheesey ending to a good story.

so is the Devil Hulk dependent on Banner's body or can he "invade" someone else, if unleashed? There has to be a way of permanently purging him.

The Hulk has occasionally been removed from Banner and placed in a separate body. First during the Bryne run, where they were seperated and Bruce used the chance to marry Betty but the Hulk went on it's most destructive rampages ever since it didn't have Banner (and presumably all the Hulk personas in Banner's brain who are somewhat more moderate with the smashing) to reign it in. Then it was discovered the two couldn't exist without each other and they were re-merged, eventually winding up with the Grey Hulk re-emerging.

Doctor Doom then did something similar in the Jason Aaron run, with him creating a clone of Banner with Banner's mind and the Bannerless Hulk (presumably the Green scar) doing his own thing. However, eventually the two were also-remerged fairly quickly. (This then led to the weird Mark Waid run with the Hulk wearing fancy armor, becoming the savage again although somewhat more mute to match the MCU, and helping SHIELD and the Avengers, among other things)....or even those will low level exposure can be "infected by rage".

Apart from that I've not seen much of the Hulk as a body jumper, although the Hulk has occasionally been posessed here and there. There was the time he became posessed by the hammer of Nul, but then I think Nul became it's own seperate entity. Although there is of course Ewing's Hulk Syndrome, which has the idea that receiving gamma radiation directly from the Hulk somehow develops those with it to develop savage versions of themselves-for example, the current She-Hulk (althogh it's possible she's changed since Empyre), the evil version of Samson, Cho at times, Rick Jones's Hulk during the Milgrom run etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-21-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is the Devil Hulk dependent on Banner's body or can he "invade" someone else, if unleashed? There has to be a way of permanently purging him.
    Devil is just a name for an incarnation. We're not talking about a spirit/devil...

This is the same as asking if "Joe Fixit"or Savage Hulk or Green Scar can invade other people if unleashed.

Ultimate Member

Devil is just a name for an incarnation. We're not talking about a spirit/devil...

This is the same as asking if "Joe Fixit"or Savage Hulk or Green Scar can invade other people if unleashed.
    It does remind me of an Erik Larson pitch for Hulk, some time back. The Hulk became separated from Banner and possessed random people, with Banner hunting him/it.

Never happened, but it would have been interesting in the hands of the right writer (not Larson)