Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Wanted to ask you Hulk fans for help. Could anyone tell me the exact issue of Incredible Hulk were the Illuminati sent the Hulk into space?
    If it helps any, the whole thing started in Fantastic Four #533–535 and culminated in New Avengers Illuminati #1. Another example of Bendis ignoring what was written and making his own continuity.

https://www.cbr.com/hulk-las-vegas-illuminati/

In my mind, I chalk it up to Secret Invasion happening at the time, and SHIELD was heavily infiltrated. There was a backup (or one shot) I believe.. maybe it was online, but it was basically Skrull intelligence files evaluating heroes and how easy/difficulty it would be to swap them out/masquerade as them. The Hulk was listed as very dangerous and that they shouldn't get involved with him, suggesting he should be re-routed or tied up so he can't interfere. So to me, that SHIELD agent (read: Skrull) lied to get the Hulk exiled/killed by the heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    If it helps any, the whole thing started in Fantastic Four #533–535 and culminated in New Avengers Illuminati #1. Another example of Bendis ignoring what was written and making his own continuity.

https://www.cbr.com/hulk-las-vegas-illuminati/

In my mind, I chalk it up to Secret Invasion happening at the time, and SHIELD was heavily infiltrated. There was a backup (or one shot) I believe.. maybe it was online, but it was basically Skrull intelligence files evaluating heroes and how easy/difficulty it would be to swap them out/masquerade as them. The Hulk was listed as very dangerous and that they shouldn't get involved with him, suggesting he should be re-routed or tied up so he can't interfere. So to me, that SHIELD agent (read: Skrull) lied to get the Hulk exiled/killed by the heroes.
    Yea that's Bendis and his nonsense alright, he writes every character and event however he wants, he always saw Hulk as a killer monster, he basically see's 616 Hulk the same way as Ultimate Hulk.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Does anyone knows Yellow flash? A youtube comic guy who nitpick things in comics including Immortal hulk comic? Why does he nitpick though?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hulk is sent to space in Incredible Hulk #89, the second issue of the Peace in Our Time story arc. There He discovers he was tricked by Nick Fury and Shield.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_2_89

In #91, we see that famous video message by the Illuminati.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_2_91
    Thank you so much for your help. It’s greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    Does anyone knows Yellow flash? A youtube comic guy who nitpick things in comics including Immortal hulk comic? Why does he nitpick though?
    He's one of those comicgater types. Best to leave it at that.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    He's one of those comicgater types. Best to leave it at that.

You mean a guy who doesn't want anything like politics to be in comics? He must hate captain america if that's the case lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    MPD aside, I honestly think that Ewing's current Hulk is more an evolution of PAD's Hulk than anyone else's, with the obvious bent towards horror.

PAD long since established the connection between gamma and the mind, and hinted at a greater connection between gamma and the spiritual with the Preacher who helped resurrect Marlo. Under PAD, Hulk was immortal as well, though he only died the once.

*Edit*

In PAD's Hulk novel, he also placed great emphasize on the fact that Bruce was a shapeshifter too. Like with Ewing, it had a little bit pf body horror.

Don't get me wrong, Al Ewing's stuff is pure genius. He's effortlessly weaving i past canon to take the Hulk in a new direction. I just think he's expanding on PAD's stuff, vs. Jenkins' underwhelming Hulk

Mainly referring to Devil Hulk, although Ewing's take is very different to Jenkin's-explained in part I think that Banner's mental perception of Devil's dialogue and appearance was a bit warped by Banner's own fear or something.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

101646977_697898477665910_2385866105236629393_n.jpg

joe_bennett_comics (Instagram)
    FOR THE SECOND YEAR THE IMMORTAL HULK HAS BEEN NOMINEED FOR BEST CONTINUING SERIES OF 2019-
    AL EWING-JOE BENNETT-Ruy José Santos-Paul Mounts!
    WE ARE THE GAMMA GANG!

Full List of Eisner Nominees: https://www.comic-con.org/awards/202...ds-nominations
    Last edited by Kolwyr; 06-04-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Nice, I hope it wins. It and Hickman X-Men are the two best Marvel ongoings right now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nice, I hope it wins. It and Hickman X-Men are the two best Marvel ongoings right now imo.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea that's Bendis and his nonsense alright, he writes every character and event however he wants, he always saw Hulk as a killer monster, he basically see's 616 Hulk the same way as Ultimate Hulk.
    I must admit I've grown weary of Bendis since he took over writing Superman. I'm starting to think he is vastly overrated, but I digress this is not the place.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

FOR THE SECOND YEAR THE IMMORTAL HULK HAS BEEN NOMINEED FOR BEST CONTINUING SERIES OF 2019-
    WE ARE THE GAMMA GANG!

Full List of Eisner Nominees: https://www.comic-con.org/awards/202...ds-nominations
    Incredible! I do hope it wins. The Jade Giant deserves it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

WE ARE THE GAMMA GANG!

Well deserved, should win this year as well tbh and there is a good chance it will since it's so relevant to whats happening in today's world.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Loved that game.