Page 77 of 147 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2205
    Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    I wonder if this event will cause the guilt Hulk to resurface in the mindscape. Because we all that Bruce will blame himself big time for this. Maybe even to where he attempts suicide again. As futile as that would be now...

You know what, that is a good guess and if that happens, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    Agreed, it would be very interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    That could very well happen, indeed!

We learned that Banner's depression, self-loathing and his desire to end thing were responsible for him allowing Devil Hulk to take over.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Talking about Guilty Hulk, how do you guys think He should look like both in the mindscape and externally? I'm curious about how his "voice" would be. With Ewing writing it, I don't think He would be a mindless beast.
    If guilt hulk does show up, I imagine he’ll speak to Bruce similar to how Brian speaks to him, with utter contempt and bile. As for his physical appearance, just a more grotesque version of his huge, towering form from the Paul Jenkins run.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    If guilt hulk does show up, I imagine he’ll speak to Bruce similar to how Brian speaks to him, with utter contempt and bile. As for his physical appearance, just a more grotesque version of his huge, towering form from the Paul Jenkins run.
    Yeah, grotesque like that possible Hulk we've seen when Banner/Hulk were affected by Xemnu's influence. Which is an "incarnation" I'd like to see or learn more about it.

Fantastic Member

I just wanted to post this exchange from another board, since discussion here is a lot more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Poster 1
    I have to state my disgust for what Ewing did to Savage (he is a child). HOWEVER, on the other hand, his reaction to the aftermath shows not only more characterization but also what his response should be if writers/editorial decide that Hulk will kill people during his rampages--true remorse which I sincerely doubt the majority of Marvel's titular heroes demonstrate. I am thinking about a few past retcons that stated there were casualties whenever Savage was present. Those writers tend to gloss over the fact that Hulk and Banner (1) have tried to avoid people, (2) have warned people ("you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" or "leave Hulk alone"), and (3) when they have found peace, the "civilized" world almost always finds them, commences the ensuing skirmish, and never takes responsibility--the fault is always Hulk and Banner.

My apologies for the rant. I am...disappointed that the Hulk who is going to be the focus/victim for the next few issues is Savage, the one who "is always hurting". Yes, I know it is premature to complain since Ewing is the master of the swerve--he knows the continuity of the characters he is writing--and all of these events are probably a part of an end goal. Betty's gone, Rick is more than likely next, followed by Samson, Dr. McGowan and Shadow Base...slowly strip away all ties, the anchors so to speak, Banner/Hulk have to the world, which might make them more susceptible to the influence of TOBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poster 2
    The savage Hulk is really the child within bruce that had to stay hidden and protected, and is the innocent version, so why have him shown doing such things then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cth
    Honestly?

Lots of reasons.

Traditionally, children are used in horror stories because it's an almost universal trait for people to want to take care of them and keep them safe. Contrast this to a surly teen who chews tobacco. It's why some in horror films you cheer for the bad guy to make a certain archetype "pay" for their sins.

If the same thing happened to Devil Hulk it wouldn't "mean" as much.. he's seen a guy dissolved inside him. The childlike Hulk serves as an insert for the reader, we get to experience his horror and shock as it's easier to identify with him -- as everyone has been that innocent kid at some point in their life.

Similarly, we know Devil Hulk is protective of Bruce -- why not the Big Guy? Who will be his protector? Will this finally force that incarnation to mature some? Will it result in genuine emotional toil and growth which is rare in comics? You won't see Cap or Spidey agonizing over this stuff.

Speaking of which, the comic has always had a tragic element to it. The Childlike Hulk is the perfect canvas to portray this. He just wants to be left alone and everyone pesters and fights him. They call him a danger, attack him, banish him and no one blinks an eye... but frame him for mass murder and suddenly people ask why be so mean to him?

Finally, another angle -- Leader has been a joke in recent years and Ewing's goal is to solidify him as truly evil and capable of insane plans -- like controlling the Hulk, framing him, taking over his body potentially and using him to destroy everything.

I could go on and on, but there's plenty of reasons and every single one enhances the story and elevates the comic from just being a mindless slugfest in colorful costumes. It's why the comic keeps getting nominated for Eisners.
    Oh, and as an aside, it's a nice touch for the Childlike Hulk to be wearing the purple underwear costume as it also can serve as a visual substitute/shortcut for a diaper, forcing that childlike imagery even further. Not sure if it's intentional, but they returned from nowhere.

Unless you subscribe to that 294-300 arc theory
    Last edited by Cth; 08-07-2020 at 06:21 PM.

I'd say it's intentional. Btw, great answer you gave to this poster.

Don't be surprised if said poster ignores it completely. LOL.

... more people killed? not magically transported away?

I guess it's going to take a while for the Leader's manipulations to come to light. But this time around I wonder how he's going to be exposed. Banner needs to plan something to get rid of him once and for all, with the understanding that the Green Door makes people virtually immortal now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Oh, and as an aside, it's a nice touch for the Childlike Hulk to be wearing the purple underwear costume as it also can serve as a visual substitute/shortcut for a diaper, forcing that childlike imagery even further. Not sure if it's intentional, but they returned from nowhere.

Unless you subscribe to that 294-300 arc theory
    Purple pants are the strongest pants there is!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... more people killed? not magically transported away?

I guess it's going to take a while for the Leader's manipulations to come to light. But this time around I wonder how he's going to be exposed. Banner needs to plan something to get rid of him once and for all, with the understanding that the Green Door makes people virtually immortal now.
    Let me correct that: that the Green Door makes Gamma Beings virtually immortal now. Unless you were already talking about them when you mentioned people.

BANNED

They are (with a better resolution):

Immortal Hulk #40

Immortal Hulk #42

Got those thanks to my friend GreenScar90 (thank you too, Intothevoid)!

^^^^ wow what the heck... okay, the first one I guess that's "sunshine joe" (?) seeing classic Savage in his reflection..

the next one.. sheesh.. is it supposed to be banner's mindscape or another dimension? what is in the top left corner? the One Below All? (also looks vaguely like a devil character from Disney's Fantasia)

BANNED

The first one is Sunshine Joe running away from the authorities, he looks into the reflection of what i assume is Savage Hulk, since this is how Alex Ross draws Savage Hulk as opposed to Devil Hulk

The second one is in the Below Place, the hell, it seems Hulk is suffering, Leader has possibly even taken over Hulk and TOBA watches over in the background looking like the Devil from Fantasia.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 08-08-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ^^^^ wow what the heck... okay, the first one I guess that's "sunshine joe" (?) seeing classic Savage in his reflection..

the next one.. sheesh.. is it supposed to be banner's mindscape or another dimension? what is in the top left corner? the One Below All? (also looks vaguely like a devil character from Disney's Fantasia)
    It's sunshine Joe, indeed.

I'm quite sure It's Hell (Below Place). About that demon, it could be Brian Banner, for example. We've kind of seen him in a demonic form: