Page 117 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2205
    Spectacular Member

This series has been a incredible read

No one would have guessed that Hulk and Venom would have the best told stories in the last 2 years

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Still can't process how amazing this issue is. This is game changing stuff.

The series is known for having many highlights among highlights like #1, #2, #7-#13, #16, #20, #24,#25,#33,#37, but this one may top them, imo. That last page alone is completely genius nightmare.

It's one of these issues that show this is arguably (and easily, imo) the best comic in the stands right now.

Btw...And people were thinking Leader was scared of Devil Hulk. LOL. Sterns is one of the scariest guys running around the MU currently!

Fantastic Member

Is Ewing confirmed to leave with Immortal #50?

Is it possible he will stay on beyond the with the character - in perhaps a new volume of Incredible?
    Would we like that, or do we think he should quit while miles ahead?

Ewing is too smart to stay on Hulk once this story's done now that his profile has risen considerably.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Is Ewing confirmed to leave with Immortal #50?

Is it possible he will stay on beyond the with the character - in perhaps a new volume of Incredible?
    Would we like that, or do we think he should quit while miles ahead?
    Bennett ha said quite a few times it ends with IH #50. That's what the " original idea" might have been, imo. However, I'm starting to believe Ewing himself might have other plans for the character. Maybe, as you've said, a new volume with a new artist and probably another tone.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Holy ****.

We are in the Endgame now.
    I think we're still in the penultimate arc. I think the Leader is going to fall big time before issue #45. Leaving just Hulk against TOBA.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Bennett ha said quite a few times it ends with IH #50. That's what the " original idea" might have been, imo. However, I'm starting to believe Ewing himself might have other plans for the character. Maybe, as you've said, a new volume with a new artist and probably another tone.
    I think Ewing should close the (green) door once hitting #50 or the end of this story. Leave it as an untouchable run.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think we're still in the penultimate arc. I think the Leader is going to fall big time before issue #45. Leaving just Hulk against TOBA.
    I think we’ll have a few issues of Hulk picking himself back up - with Betty, Joe and the rest.
    The final will either be The Leader imbued with TOBA’s power or both together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I do believe 2021 will be the end year for Immortal Hulk, Ewing has a vision and since the very beginning he has said he doesn't want to milk the run or overstay his welcome by doing filler stuff, he is gonna finish the story he had in his head and move on.

It's unfortunate but at the same time sets up the bar pretty high for any writer that follows, you can no longer pull a Mark Waid where you can just write Hulk as basically rampaging bulldozer with no character. Hulk is an extremely complex character that not everyone can pull of which is why some of the best names in the business have voiced their desire to one day write a Hulk story because if you can pull of a great Hulk story, you can pretty much write any character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Joe Fixit is the next arc, after that i believe it will be Hulk gathering himself back and then the final confrontation with TOBA, so basically 2-3 more arcs and it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I do believe 2021 will be the end year for Immortal Hulk, Ewing has a vision and since the very beginning he has said he doesn't want to milk the run or overstay his welcome by doing filler stuff, he is gonna finish the story he had in his head and move on.

It's unfortunate but at the same time sets up the bar pretty high for any writer that follows, you can no longer pull a Mark Waid where you can just write Hulk as basically rampaging bulldozer with no character. Hulk is an extremely complex character that not everyone can pull of which is why some of the best names in the business have voiced their desire to one day write a Hulk story because if you can pull of a great Hulk story, you can pretty much write any character.
    Bring on Christopher Priest as the writer, he tends to respect continuity (though also reaching back to reference sometimes forgotten-about contexts, which surprises some). It would be an opportunity for him to explore in Marvel what he's already doing at Dynamite with his Vampirella work; looking at a character that most people by default look at as a monster, but is something far beyond the stereotypes.

Fantastic Member

What have I missed - When the book began wasn't it the Devil Hulk who was presented as - not just a scary bully - but a murderer?
    Now he is seen as a sympathetic father figure?
    What turned the tide?
    Or am I mixing up alters?

Astonishing Member

Great issue even if I was kinda disappointed that I was misled by the cover in which I thought I was gonna see the Professor.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    What have I missed - When the book began wasn't it the Devil Hulk who was presented as - not just a scary bully - but a murderer?
    Now he is seen as a sympathetic father figure?
    What turned the tide?
    Or am I mixing up alters?
    The current "Devil"/Immortal Hulk was characterized as someone who wanted to protect Bruce no matter what the cost, even if it meant ending the current human world, around issue #15. Before that though, he was more like a dark avenger of sorts that righted wrongs against bad people,

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think Ewing should close the (green) door once hitting #50 or the end of this story. Leave it as an untouchable run.
    Yeah, even though I mentioned that Ewing might've changed his mind about it, I do agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Yeah, I believe you're right, specially about the bolded part.