Page 119 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2205

I wonder if Joe is going to be piloting both the “Bruce” and the “Hulk” bodies now?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Fixit vs U-Foes could be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if Joe is going to be piloting both the “Bruce” and the “Hulk” bodies now?
    I'd guess just the Bruce body.

Mighty Member

What are some good Bruce Banner character moments that stand out? And what are some good issues that explore the psychology of the Bruce/Hulk dynamic? I also think that Thunderbolt Ross over the years has been a great antagonist. I love how he became Red Hulk, thought that was a nice addition. I've been a little out of the loop but heard that Red Hulk might be coming back too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'd guess just the Bruce body.
    Bennett already spoiled spoilers:
    a transformation of his in both green and grey body on Instagram, so he will be piloting both of those as well as Bruce's body.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What are some good Bruce Banner character moments that stand out? And what are some good issues that explore the psychology of the Bruce/Hulk dynamic? I also think that Thunderbolt Ross over the years has been a great antagonist. I love how he became Red Hulk, thought that was a nice addition. I've been a little out of the loop but heard that Red Hulk might be coming back too.
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ross is back (apparently he used the LMD trick again, although it doesn't exactly fit with his body showing up in Hell and Absolute Carnage) and Red Hulk is going to show up in Captain America.
    It's funny how much effort Ewing puts into trying to keep things into continuity as well as respecting other creators and what they do and he rarely gets that same level of respect from other writers, especially guys who famously don't care about continuity and sometimes even go directly against it because they have their own vision.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's funny how much effort Ewing puts into trying to keep things into continuity as well as respecting other creators and what they do and he rarely gets that same level of respect from other writers, especially guys who famously don't care about continuity and sometimes even go directly against it because they have their own vision.
    That's one of the reasons I like and respect him even more. I believe that's how I'd work if I were an professional comic book writer.

Ultimate Member

Other writers should be sat down to learn lessons from Ewing.

He's doing EXACTLY what most modern writers can't do. That is:

1. Build on existing continuity
    2. Mine said rich and extensive continuity for new and fresh ideas
    3. Use the characters as they are without "breaking" them *cough AaaronThor cough*

This is something a lot of writers seem to struggle with nowadays.

So Fixit in charge of multiple forms could be interesting; maybe he'll wear the grey look for old time's sake for a bit (As one of the panels seems to show) but upgrade to the stronger "big guy"/Demon Hulk green Hulk body for actual fighting.

Kind of like the Mantlo comics where Bruce would turn into the Hulk and retain his mind in both forms, but in this case it's Fixit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

And this is why they shouldn't have let the Captain America writer use non-CA characters.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And this is why they shouldn't have let the Captain America writer use non-CA characters.
    Cap is an odd miss mash of characters, really. Ross fit the plot and his resurrection shouldn't need something as cliche as an LMD, but then we have Selene running around for some reason.

fucking amazing editors right here
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well that's fucking stupid.

Is it by the same writer who used Red Hulk, or another one who decided to bring him back?

At the very least, he's bothering to make the effort, says a lot about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Other writers should be sat down to learn lessons from Ewing.

He's doing EXACTLY what most modern writers can't do. That is:

1. Build on existing continuity
    2. Mine said rich and extensive continuity for new and fresh ideas
    3. Use the characters as they are without "breaking" them *cough AaaronThor cough*

This is something a lot of writers seem to struggle with nowadays.
    Marvel and DC let a lot more incompetent people around nowadays, both writers and editors can be so bad... Starting to think editors are like Santa Claus .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well that's fucking stupid.

Is it by the same writer who used Red Hulk, or another one who decided to bring him back?
    It's the same writer who killed Ross off in the first place.