Page 85 of 147 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Also, Maestro #1 started a bit slow, but very well! The set up was interesting and, by the end, You can already see the Maestro "starting to happen".

I looks like the next issue is going to adapt ‘The End’ into this.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Just 1 IH soliciation this month and a Maestro one:

IMMORTAL HULK #40

AL EWING (W), JOE BENNETT (A), Cover by ALEX ROSS

SHE-HULK PHOENIX VARIANT COVER BY TAURIN CLARKE

HULK NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY JEFFREY VEREGGE

SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

* So here's the skinny: Hulk's lower than he ever was. He's stuck in an iron hotel built just for him, and there's a new Sasquatch guarding the door.

* If he gets through him - and the rest of Gamma Flight - all he wins is an airlock to open space. It's a rigged game, with no way to win...

* ...only JOE FIXIT never learned how to lose.

MAESTRO #4

PETER DAVID (W), GERMAN PERALTA (A),

Cover by DALE KEOWN

VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Ottley

The Hulk's enemy -- Hercules?! -- gets the upper hand, but not for long. Rick Jones attempts to intervene...but it's no longer clear whose side he should be on. Don't miss a pivotal moment as the Maestro's plans fall into place! Can the being we know as the Hulk survive? Does he want to?

32 pages, $3.99.

Awesome solicits! Can't wait to see the new Sasquatch! And Hulk vs. Hercules is always great, imo.

Future Imperfect #2 variant cover by Rafa Garres

Read the first issue of Maestro, solid stuff, you can already see how Bruce is starting to lose himself.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Read the first issue of Maestro, solid stuff, you can already see how Bruce is starting to lose himself.
    My favorite thing about it!

In this article,

Hulk flashes back to his family days in Maestro #1 preview

https://www.gamesradar.com/hulk-flas...tro-1-preview/

Peralta say some interesting things about Hulk/Maestro. This is gonna be good.

Nrama: Without being too spoiler-y, what's the latest thing you drew for Maestro?

Peralta: The last thing I had to draw is a crowd listening to the most terrifying and important speech of their lives.

Playing the Avengers demo/beta. Seems like the Hulk/Banner is a bit of a mix between the movies and comics. Obviously Bruce's appearance seems to be heavily influenced by Mark Rufallo-the purple shirt, for instance-although he's a bit less muscular so he he seems slightly comics-esque too (also seems more dependent on glasses than the Ruffalo version). He also seems far more socially awkward than the Ruffalo version.

Banner and Kamala being a team kind of reminds me a bit of THE LAST OF US (probably because of Troy Baker in part, but Kamala's fangirlism reminds me of some of the more geeky aspects of Ellie), although the main setup of the game is THE INCREDIBLES mixed with some AGENTS OF SHIELD style Inhuman stuff (Wonder if this game started development before the FOX deal where Marvel were trying to sell the Inhumans as a sort of replacement X-men?).

Kind of goes for the rest of the game too, a mix of comic and movie stuff; Abomination is pretty much a cross between his lizard-like comics self and whatever Roth was in the movie.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-22-2020 at 10:24 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Just 1 IH soliciation this month and a Maestro one:

IMMORTAL HULK #40

AL EWING (W), JOE BENNETT (A), Cover by ALEX ROSS

SHE-HULK PHOENIX VARIANT COVER BY TAURIN CLARKE

HULK NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY JEFFREY VEREGGE

SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

* So here's the skinny: Hulk's lower than he ever was. He's stuck in an iron hotel built just for him, and there's a new Sasquatch guarding the door.

* If he gets through him - and the rest of Gamma Flight - all he wins is an airlock to open space. It's a rigged game, with no way to win...

* ...only JOE FIXIT never learned how to lose.

MAESTRO #4

PETER DAVID (W), GERMAN PERALTA (A),

Cover by DALE KEOWN

VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Ottley

The Hulk's enemy -- Hercules?! -- gets the upper hand, but not for long. Rick Jones attempts to intervene...but it's no longer clear whose side he should be on. Don't miss a pivotal moment as the Maestro's plans fall into place! Can the being we know as the Hulk survive? Does he want to?

32 pages, $3.99.
    And don't forget this:

(W) John Byrne, More (A) John Byrne, More (CA) Steve Geiger
    Strange changes for the Hulk! Doc Samson has a wild plan to separate Bruce Banner and the Hulk for good - but can Banner survive without his emerald alter ego? And can the planet survive a rampaging, Banner-less Hulk? As the Avengers battle the behemoth, a new team of Hulkbusters forms - and Bruce, seemingly free at last, finally finds happiness with Betty Ross! But two halves of a whole can't stay apart forever, and the Hulk that returns is surlier, craftier - and gray! But if this is the Hulk, then who's the long-haired green giant smashing up the American Southwest? And which longtime supporting character will meet their maker? Featuring the complete classic John Byrne run - and the status quo-smashing setup to Peter David's multiyear epic! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #314-330 and ANNUAL #14-15, and material from MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #29.
    512 PGS./Rated T
    In Shops: Dec 02, 2020

So with this Epic Collection, we're nearly closing the gap on getting Hulk vol. 2 collected. Marvel Masterworks are coming to the start of the Stern era, and we just got a healthy chunk of some latter PAD material, so this is pretty cool.
    I look at this era with rose colored glasses because Milgrom's run is what got me into full-time comic collecting. I didn't give a damn about who drew what, who the writer was, etc. It was a fun, exciting and that monthly wait was brutal.
    And...hell, I admit it...the Rick Jones Hulk ruled! LMFAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Everyone's stepping up to the plate.

I guess Namor's cameo from a few issues ago might be relevant after all.

BTW I've been re-reading some of the earlier issues and will all the stuff about Hulk infecting people with rage somehow in recent issues, (Hulk syndrome) it kind of made me think of the incident in the bar when Sasquatch was stabbed, and it seemed to have something to do with "Rage" spreading to people. Seems like Ewing's been setting up a lot of stuff from the get-go for payoffs later.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    What's the sauce?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #288
    “Anyone Out There Know How to Cure a Case of…Yellow Fever?!”

Cover Date: October 1983
    Sale Date: July 12th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Jim Mooney
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Recordasphere, Kate Waynesboro, General Ross
    Villain: MODOK
    Synopsis: MODOK, with the help of General Ross, has thawed out the Abomination from the cryogenics chamber, only to discover that the gamma villain has developed a deep-rooted fear of combating the Hulk. Meanwhile, the Hulk gets his first visit to the dentist ever, albeit this one was actually an undercover SHIELD agent. A jealous Recordasphere causes a car crash on the way back, but the plan backfires as Kate survives, thanks to the Hulk. Meanwhile, MODOK begins torturing the Abomination to try and rekindle the old aggressive fire back into the villain….
    Commentary: Hulk in the dentist chair??? Another acknowledgement of the Hulk’s healing ability (PRIOR to the PAD era) fighting off any tooth decay. Now the Recordasphere developing feelings for Banner? Ummmmmm…yeah…no…