Page 93 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2205

Since Marlo is also part death it could be interesting how they can play that with Hulk being immortal. Also of course Marlo being resurrected after being killed by Rick's "mom" was partially the work of Soul Man who was brought up in the Leader issue. So it would kind of fit in well.

Also her current feelings for Rick perhaps? Of course that might be difficult considering he's currently possessed by the leader and also mutated into a weird gamma creature again it seems.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    I think the editors were just telling writers there was a ton of pitches for books so they would cone with their best stuff. Wish I could remember which title it was, but listening to him on a pod Chip Zdarsky was gonna pitch for a character and the editor (Tom B iirc) told him that “lot of pitches...” so Chip was like thats fine. I wont pitch then to take a job away from someone who really wants it. Editor calls him up and says we have no one else pitching for it. My guess is maybe Ewing beat out 1 or 2 other writers. Theor golden boy Donny Cates prolly didnt bother pitching either since knew he had Thor and Venom coming. At time woulda been more excited for Donny taking over Hulk, but I woulda been extremely mistaken as Ewing is doing an all-time run.
    There were quite a few pitches from what i heard, in fact i remember Ewing say that as they were coming up with Avengers No Surrender, it wasn't set in stone that he was gonna be the one writing Hulk, which is why i am glad he did end up being the one to write it. I know Jeff Lemire expressed he was one of the people that wanted to write a Hulk book but since Ewing basically wrote a perfect Hulk book in his opinion he no longer wants to write one lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I've repeated this quite a few times, but the only marvel ongoing which comes close to IH right now is DD, and Zdarsky is, imo, the only guy who, just like Ewing, turns (almost) everything they write into gold. He gets my vote, easily.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I've repeated this quite a few times, but the only marvel ongoing which comes close to IH right now is DD, and Zdarsky is, imo, the only guy who, just like Ewing, turns (almost) everything they write into gold. He gets my vote, easily.
    Zdarsky did write the Hulk Avengers game tie-in.

Actually i misremembered it was Jim Zub, don't actually remember Zdarsky writing anything Hulk related.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 09-15-2020 at 12:10 PM.

"The Book of Job"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    "The Book of Job"

Why does Metraton(if that's actually him) look different?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    Why does Metraton(if that's actually him) look different?
    The same reason God doesn't stop the One Below All from causing suffering.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Huh?

10char
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    That's a good answer.

BANNED

I think the Book of Job scan is from a different book Joe has done in the past.

So I'm going to level a bit of criticism at the second half of this run. It's still the best thing out, but there has been a dip.

I think the big thing is that while the early issues told a continously story each issue also functioned as it's own micro story. With usually at least one ohm **** moment usually the climax.

I believe in trade a lot of these later issues will read better, but I'm no longer feeling wowed by each issue.

Some of that may be that the novelty has worn off a tad, but I believe a lot of it.has to so with the pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    So I'm going to level a bit of criticism at the second half of this run. It's still the best thing out, but there has been a dip.

I think the big thing is that while the early issues told a continously story each issue also functioned as it's own micro story. With usually at least one ohm **** moment usually the climax.

I believe in trade a lot of these later issues will read better, but I'm no longer feeling wowed by each issue.

Some of that may be that the novelty has worn off a tad, but I believe a lot of it.has to so with the pacing.
    I kinda felt a dip as well after Hulk defeated Fortean, but once we got to the end of the Roxxon arc I felt like it’s totally shot back up and hasn’t gone down since. That finale issue for Hulk vs. Roxxon was nonstop “holy ****” page turners. Also the Leader issue was one of my all time favorite issues, beautiful recap of Leader and what he’s about while also still pushing the story forward.

Fantastic issue! This is the most creepy and dangerous Leader ever, and yes, He took control of spoilers:
    Green Scar!
    end of spoilers

That last page - Damn! Great Issue!

Incredible Member

Was anyone really surprised by that last page? I thought #33 made it pretty clear already.