Page 100 of 147 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2205
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Are you sure? All the Hulks seem to be drawn with the big forehead brow at least when Bennet is penciling (The savage Hulk in #35 seemed to be drawn more like the wild-haired version when Joe wasn't pencilling), and you can't tell the color here.

I’m pretty sure. He’s scrawny and gray looking to me. But that doesnt mean he cant be green while like this again. He’s scrawny and green on the cover to King in Black Immortal Hulk.

Immortal Hulk 40
    o So here's the skinny: Hulk's lower than he ever was. He's stuck in an iron hotel built just for him, and there's a new Sasquatch guarding the door.
    o If he gets through him - and the rest of Gamma Flight - all he wins is an airlock to open space. It's a rigged game, with no way to win...
    o ...only JOE FIXIT never learned how to lose.

Immortal Hulk 41
    • The rematch everybody wanted — but not like this!
    • The Hulk is broken, friendless and hunted. In every way, he’s a shadow of his former self...
    • ...but there’s nothing like the real THING.

King in Black:Immortal Hulk 1
    A PRESENT FOR THE HULK!
    The Hulk is in a bad place. Half of his alters are dead or missing — including Bruce Banner — and the Leader’s got the rest of him on the ropes. But never let it be said that Joe Fixit doesn’t know how to have a good time — and he’s out to make sure this is the best holiday the Hulk’s ever had. He just has to fight his way through a planet of symbiotes first.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #291
    “Old Soldiers Never Die!”

Cover Date: January 1984
    Sale Date: October 11th, 1983
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Ann Nocenti

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Ann Nocenti, Bruce Banner, various supporting characters over the Hulk’s history
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner makes his way to the offices of Marvel Comics and tries getting some advice from associate editor Ann Nocenti about recent events, especially concerning General Ross. From there, we get a flashback of Ross’ life. The issue ends with Ross deciding to face his upcoming trial for treason rather than take his own life.
    Commentary: Welcome Gerry Talaoc. Assistant Editor’s Month in full-effect, and we get the origin of General Ross. Some contradicting stuff too – Ross didn’t stumble upon the Hulk transforming back into Banner; Rick Jones spilled the beans to Talbot in their hidden cave. And he didn’t “set up” Betty and Talbot either, Talbot took notice of her when she barged into his office looking for Banner and pretty much had a thing for her at first sight. Either Mantlo was going to subtle retcons, blatantly ignoring or not remembering them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    Actually, Thor's fate was explicitly covered in the original Future Imperfect:

Rick Jones: Remember all the reports about how people might survive atomic wars? Exaggerated. All of it. Thor? Gone. Wolverine? Gone. Cap... All of 'em... all gone.

Thor was the very first name Rick mentioned to Hulk. And "All the heroes died 'cause bombs" is exactly the explanation given in the original story. Almost 30 years ago. So I'm not sure why it's not an explanation now, unless it's been a while since you've read the original story (I don't know whether you have or not, but I'm assuming you have for the purposes of this conversation, since Maestro is supposed to show how Future Imperfect came about).

I do have to say though, that I'm disappointed thus far that Dystopia, the Minister, and even the Maestro were already there, and Hulk had nothing to do with them. When Machine Man told Hulk that Dystopia was constructed and overseen by the Maestro, I was like, "Huh? The Maestro isn't Hulk's future self this time since this series is supposed to show how he became the Maestro, so there was already a guy named Maestro who was ruling Dystopia by the time that period became the present?" So everything was already there, and Hulk just overthrew Hercules and seized the Maestro identity. That's the explanation for how Hulk became Maestro. Meh.
    In fairness, there has been a bit of power creep over the years. Back in the day, a nuke would have killed Thor. These days, he can somehow go swimming in the sun (WTF?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, there has been a bit of power creep over the years. Back in the day, a nuke would have killed Thor. These days, he can somehow go swimming in the sun (WTF?)
    Ironically, old!Hulk would've also been killed by the bomb if this weren't a Hulk story.

How do people feel about Marvel's power creep?

Ultimate Member

Rick Jones: Remember all the reports about how people might survive atomic wars? Exaggerated. All of it. Thor? Gone. Wolverine? Gone. Cap... All of 'em... all gone.

Thor was the very first name Rick mentioned to Hulk. And "All the heroes died 'cause bombs" is exactly the explanation given in the original story. Almost 30 years ago. So I'm not sure why it's not an explanation now, unless it's been a while since you've read the original story (I don't know whether you have or not, but I'm assuming you have for the purposes of this conversation, since Maestro is supposed to show how Future Imperfect came about).

I do have to say though, that I'm disappointed thus far that Dystopia, the Minister, and even the Maestro were already there, and Hulk had nothing to do with them. When Machine Man told Hulk that Dystopia was constructed and overseen by the Maestro, I was like, "Huh? The Maestro isn't Hulk's future self this time since this series is supposed to show how he became the Maestro, so there was already a guy named Maestro who was ruling Dystopia by the time that period became the present?" So everything was already there, and Hulk just overthrew Hercules and seized the Maestro identity. That's the explanation for how Hulk became Maestro. Meh.
    Dunno why anyone would expect Cap or Logan to survive a nuke, though...

I'd also point out, that Maestro implied that he became king of the mountain the hard way. Hopefully we'll see that.

Astonishing Member

Dunno why anyone would expect Cap or Logan to survive a nuke, though...

I'd also point out, that Maestro implied that he became king of the mountain the hard way. Hopefully we'll see that.
    Well, we all know why Logan’d survive.

BANNED

And that's dumb honestly, to think that the toughest heroes on Earth would die to bombs alone is ridiculous. And actually it seems PAD contradicts that because in the latest Maestro issue when Rick and his granddaughter and that other kid go collecting whats left of heroes they come across a place where they say a big battle happened and then find Thors hammer, so it's implied he died fighting someone else.On top of that Thor is far from the only powerful super-hero on Earth.

Yea by having everything already be present and existing and Hulk just coming there and basically stealing the throne, stealing the name makes Maestro much less unique and special than he was previously.

BANNED

Thor had a conversation with Atum inside the Sun in Thor Annual #14 back in 1989, so it's not like it's something he couldn't do before. There is no point in time where you could legit say a nuke could kill Thor except for the very early 60's comics back when Thor was getting KO'd by Vietnam mortar shells under Stan Lee's pen but Thor and all the other super-heroes of that level quickly outgrew those things.

But this has always been a problem with PAD unfortunately, out of all the writers i think he tends to undervalue and lowball what characters are capable of the most, to him tanking a nuke is the be all end all of heroes durability, in reality most of them of Thor/Hulk level can and have survived planet busting attacks and explosions and not just in modern times. Which is why under his pen Hulk never really had any notable "feats" outside of some healing ones, which is fine he focused more on the characterization than anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well, we all know why Logan’d survive.
    Funnily enough, Logan is another character that has survived walking in and out of the Sun, i mean he got burnt down to his skeleton and healed from it and he also survived a nuke before which also burnt him down to his skeleton but he healed from it.

I think the point is it's very anti-climactic to have all these heroes just die off screen to nukes no less. I mean here is the perfect setting, an apocalyptic future where you can set any rules you like, kill off anyone you want unlike in modern times, PAD could have had heroes killing heroes, villains killing heroes left and right but unfortunately we get to see none of that, if we wanna see any of that we have to go and read Old man Hawkeye.... what a letdown.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Thor had a conversation with Atum inside the Sun in Thor Annual #14 back in 1989, so it's not like it's something he couldn't do before. There is no point in time where you could legit say a nuke could kill Thor except for the very early 60's comics back when Thor was getting KO'd by Vietnam mortar shells under Stan Lee's pen but Thor and all the other super-heroes of that level quickly outgrew those things.

But this has always been a problem with PAD unfortunately, out of all the writers i think he tends to undervalue and lowball what characters are capable of the most, to him tanking a nuke is the be all end all of heroes durability, in reality most of them of Thor/Hulk level can and have survived planet busting attacks and explosions and not just in modern times. Which is why under his pen Hulk never really had any notable "feats" outside of some healing ones, which is fine he focused more on the characterization than anything else.
    I remember that annual. Thor wasn't exactly in the sun, but in a pocket dimension that Atum called home, adjacent to the sun. He was one reality removed

But in Aaron's terrible run, he had Thor swimming around in the sun looking for his hammer. He suffered some because of it, but still survived.

BANNED

I remember that annual. Thor wasn't exactly in the sun, but in a pocket dimension that Atum called home, adjacent to the sun. He was one reality removed

But in Aaron's terrible run, he had Thor swimming around in the sun looking for his hammer. He suffered some because of it, but still survived.
    The heat he was experiencing was as if he was inside the Sun, so it was the same effect really.

In Aarons run also suffered more low showings than he has in any other run, so it's not as simple as that.

Wondering what's up with the New Sasquatch.

Makes me think also, hasn't the whole of Alpha Flight died a few times? Also I remember a storyline where Walter died, but he ended up in Snowbird's body eventually (after refusing to take over Bruce's) and for a while was known as Wanda, with a white Sasquatch form.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

The new Sasquatch is either gonna be the old one brought back to life by Leader and controlled now to guard Hulks prison or "hotel" or Leader is gonna use the gamma from Sasquatch and give it to another one making a new Sasquatch entirely.

The threshing place is the perfect "case of the week" story for the Immortal HULK.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Totally forgot Threshing Place was coming out this week lol

But the best thing about it was the art anyways