Page 95 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2205

Never read Mantlo's run before?
    Only the Rocket Racoon issue, althougth i'm aware of some of the stuff that hapened in his run. Rigth now i'm reading PAD first trade (already finished the Byrne/Milgrom issues).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Weird Science (9.3 out of 10)

IMMORTAL HULK fans need to get to their shops ASAP! This issue was gripping, mysterious, and so well written. Readers interested in the Big Green Goliath will be piqued from start to finish while Ewing’s ingenuity to incorporate the Gamma Flight characters as well as the Hulk Shadow Base team were incredibly fluid and well balanced. Readers can truly see Ewing’s story beginning to unfold and to those, like myself, who’ve come along for the ride since it’s inception, they finally get to see this story take shape. The planning and time that Ewing and Bennett put forth in each issue to mold this fantastic tale together are truly incredible. I absolutely can’t wait for the next issue and the cliffhanger alone should be enough to jump-start HULK fans for the final thirteen issues. Pick this issue up and add it to your pull list already!

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ulk-37-review/

The Super Powered Fancast (9.4 out of 10)

The Story: A great story from Al Ewing. The plot is filled with tension and action. The characters are dynamic and there are some great dramatic moments throughout. Ewing showcases just how dangerous the Leader has become and his plan is enacted with a flair that puts the reader in a position to witness a potential calamity that everyone is powerless to stop. A great story with an ominous and well executed ending.

The Art: Joe Bennett electrifies with the art in this issue. There are so many powerful, visceral visual moments throughout and Bennett conveys moments of intense action and terror brilliantly.

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ortal-hulk-37/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only one thing sticks out to me. Wasn’t the Red Door supposedly connected to The One Above All? That’s not how it was portrayed here. Or am I misremembering?
    From the way I read it, the Leader messed with it Samson's Green Door so it wouldn't allow him to resurrect anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    From the way I read it, the Leader messed with it Samson's Green Door so it wouldn't allow him to resurrect anymore
    That's the way I interpreted that as well. The Leader messed with Samson's door and made it red. He even said that Red means stop and no more ressurecions but he also said that he was using Samson as an experiment as well which would indicate that he does not know the full mechanics of the Red Door just yet.

Isn't that still a thing that will be explored before the series is over, the Red Door.

Anyway Immortal Hulk 37, fantastic Issue. We learn more about the Leader's plans but I feel there's still something else going on here, that there is another force behind the Leader. Only time will tell tho. And I'm eagerly waiting for 38.

Thanks guys, that must’ve just been either speculation I read somewhere or misremembering. Read Immortal Hulk #0 and damn spoilers:
    Looks like Leader has been controlling “Brian Banner” as well straight from the start. He must be the “third possession” Leader mentioned to Leonard.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It was that good, indeed.

What do you mean by now, for example? Have You read IH#0?
    I have - him being mergerood with Brian doesn’t mean that he got into Bruce’s body ages ago. If that were the case, he wouldn’t have needed to watch his precise timing to get in when the Hulk “died” this issue. He effectively snuck in through the green door.
    Last edited by Jness; 09-16-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

I guess He started controlling Brian Banner a little time ago. He learned about the Green Door, learned enough about it, and He came for Brian. With him (Brian) there, He (Leader) could've learned way more secrets of it.From there, he started to elaborate and put his ambitious plan into motion.

I think there's much more about the Red Door than just "you can't resurrect" thing.

Well, waiting for #38i is a hell of a a torture...The good thing is that we'll have two issues again, #38 and #39, finally in one month again!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So how long was it the Leader 'there'?

...can't do spoiler boxes

Issue 34 showed that Leader watched Brian fail during the ‘Hulk in Hell’ arc (11-13) and Leader approached him almost immediately after that. Next time we then see “Brian” is issue 20. “Rick” *wink wink* comes back to life in issue 22. Last page of 37 clarifies issue 33 even more. Think Devil Hulk if totally unaffected would have sniffed out that change. But Xemnu had made him forget what a Hulk was. So thinking that big thing happened during that short window. But we should find out next ish.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I guess He started controlling Brian Banner a little time ago. He learned about the Green Door, learned enough about it, and He came for Brian. With him (Brian) there, He (Leader) could've learned way more secrets of it.From there, he started to elaborate and put his ambitious plan into motion.

I think there's much more about the Red Door than just "you can't resurrect" thing.

Well, waiting for #38i is a hell of a a torture...The good thing is that we'll have two issues again, #38 and #39, finally in one month again!
    The immortal hulk #0 issue, released today explains how the leader got to Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    The immortal hulk #0 issue, released today explains how the leader got to Brian.
    How, yes. But the problem is when. We can't be precise about it. Maybe we'll get more info, and things'll get clearer.

41 will apparently have a guest appearance by the Thing. Their FF fight recently was kind of meh, since the Hulk was partially controlled by the Puppet master. Kind of unclear which incarnation will be present, although the Thing has the most history with Savage.

Also Captain America #26 seems to confirm Ross is probably back, wonder if he'll figure into the last 8 or so issues somehow.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

IMMORTAL HULK #41

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by JOE BENNETT

• The rematch everybody wanted — but not like this!
    • The Hulk is broken, friendless and hunted. In every way, he’s a shadow of his former self...
    • ...but there’s nothing like the real THING.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #42

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT, ADAM GORHAM, RACHAEL STOTT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Homage Variant by JOE BENNETT
    Knullified Variant by Alexander Lozano

• At the year’s end, costs are counted — by Jackie McGee, Eugene Judd...and Samuel Sterns.
    • All the Leader’s plans have finally come together in what may be his greatest triumph. But is that enough...
    •...or will the ONE BELOW ALL claim his due?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MAESTRO #5 (of 5)

PETER DAVID (W)
    GERMÁN PERALTA & DALE KEOWN (A)
    Cover by DALE KEOWN
    Variant cover by Becky Cloonan

THE FINAL NOTE IN A SYMPHONY YEARS IN THE MAKING!
    The Hulk is dead — long live the Maestro! But this is no good night lullaby. It’s nonstop action in Peter David fashion as the secrets behind Future Imperfect finally come to light!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    41 will apparently have a guest appearance by the Thing. Their FF fight recently was kind of meh, since the Hulk was partially controlled by the Puppet master. Kind of unclear which incarnation will be present, although the Thing has the most history with Savage.

Also Captain America #26 seems to confirm Ross is probably back, wonder if he'll figure into the last 8 or so issues somehow.
    I think in the Hulk/Thing meeting Joe Fixit will be piloting Savage’s body similar to what Devil has been doing. Pretty sure Fixit is going to be the last Hulk outside Leader or OBA’s control.

From Instagram: joe_bennett_comics
    THE IMMORTAL HULK # 41 COVER. Inks by Ruy Jose