Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2205
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Does anyone know if IH will be back to being a on a 1-2 comics a month schedule? It seems like they started going that way and then changed it to just 1 a month? Also pushed every issue 1 month later to come out, which is unfortunate, it seems they are trying stretch out IH since it will last another 10 or so issues, meaning it will end in 2021.
    Maybe. The delays seems to have to something to due with Bennett so it seems like it's gonna be 1 a month until the end of the run. If it ends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Maybe. The delays seems to have to something to due with Bennett so it seems like it's gonna be 1 a month until the end of the run. If it ends.
    With Bennett? Hmm that's concerning, i know when he said before that he can do 2 comics a month no problem, i wonder what changed exactly. Does Bennett even work on any other series besides IH?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

spoilers:
    Broly wins
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    As a fan of both properties, I call BS. Unlike Broly, Hulk can self-resurrect. Plus, Hulk's power also has no limits but is safe (for him anyway) whereas Broly's power can destroy him if it gets out of control.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-28-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

spoilers:
    Broly wins
    end of spoilers.
    DB fanboys finally get a win lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Best Comics of 2020 - Comics Bookcase Staff Picks

The Immortal Hulk

The Immortal Hulk remains the one of, if not the very best on-going series. Writer Al Ewing and artist Joe Bennett are currently serializing a modern classic in every sense of the word. This year took Hulk from fighting mega corporations to various monstrosities of every shape and size, alongside probing the deeply psychological struggle that lies at the heart of the entire narrative.The main aspect of the series that continues to work so well is the writing. Ewing exercises deep respect for the rich history and mythology behind his characters issue by issue. This becomes exemplified in his updating of long forgotten villains and plot points, which he then weaves seamlessly together. Paired with this is the visceral horror found throughout the series that without fail makes one grimace in fear. Bennett’s renderings of bodily mutations and truly terrifying imagery lends itself perfectly to the series’ story and underlying themes. It’s a series that will ponder the suffering of Job on one page and on the next disturb with the gruesome disemboweling of the latest gamma-monstrosity.
    Never has a comic series so profoundly hit me as a reader. Ewing’s interweaving of literary metaphor, religious imagery, and high concept philosophy continues to lend the book its own consistently unique voice. This series continually gives me new concepts and philosophical implications to chew on long after I’ve put down the latest issue. It’s a series that one can actively engage with on multiple levels, something that is rare in a monthly title. With a consistently compelling narrative and outstanding artistic talent, The Immortal Hulk continues to be my most anticipated book every month alongside being the one of the best on-going series this year.
    (Ben Morin)

https://www.comicsbookcase.com/readi...bookcase-staff

Comicon’s 7 Best Comic Series Of 2020

2. Immortal Hulk

Immortal Hulk was my nomination for best series last year, and for many of the same reason as this year. However, one of the things that made it the best in 2020 was how it completely reinvented itself. The horrifying chase story transformed into a fable about gaslighting, the dangers of consumerism, and LGBT+ rights. Then it shifted gears again and transformed one of Marvel’s greatest villains into something new and terrifying — and did it all with a consistency that should have everyone applauding Ewing, Bennett, Jose, Mounts and everyone else that worked on it this year.

— Tony Thornley

https://www.comicon.com/2020/12/28/c...eries-of-2020/

Reader Poll Results: Our Readers Agree, “The Immortal Hulk” Was the Best Ongoing Series of 2020

On Friday, we asked you if we got it right by naming “The Immortal Hulk” our best ongoing series for the third year running. While the results were closer than we may have imagined, our readers agreed, with 16.5% agreeing that Al Ewing and co. are making the best monthly comic out there.

Coming in second place with 10.7% of the vote was “Gideon Falls,” as series that just missed our top 10 but continues to be one of the best comics month in and month out. Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino will be wrapping up the series shortly, and we will certainly miss it when it is gone (note: I’m predicting that will have a prominent position on our “Best Completed Comics” list for 2021).

Rounding out the top three was “John Constantine: Hellblazer,” another book that our writers did not include in our top ten, but is a dearly departed series from DC’s ‘Sandman Universe’ imprint. This is an interesting book, as it was getting near universal acclaim and selling about as well as any of the other ‘Sandman Universe’ titles, but still went away. Like many of its imprints, DC needs to figure out what it is doing with the Sandman titles, and hopefully this creative team will get another shot at telling a Constantine story.

Check back on Friday for our first Reader Poll of 2021!

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...-2020-ongoing/

BANNED

Yea, everywhere i go people sing Al Ewings praises regarding IH, i feel sorry for anyone that is suppose to follow him. My guess is they will probably put Hulk on hold for a year or so for the dust to settle down.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea, everywhere i go people sing Al Ewings praises regarding IH, i feel sorry for anyone that is suppose to follow him. My guess is they will probably put Hulk on hold for a year or so for the dust to settle down.
    The way Avengers No Surrender setup Immortal Hulk’s launch. I can’t think of a potential bigger launch story to than the first issue after Ewing’s epic finale. Ewing isnt a fan of the “putting the toys away” metaphor thats used in comics. Based on some interview pods with him, think his ending will have some pieces lying on the floor that the next writer can pick up from there.

Now that the series appears to be monthly, 50 should hit in September. October would be a great month for the next series to start off. Hopefully, its also a horror toned series still. Since horror stories can be told in a diverse way. The next one wouldnt have to be so body-horror based. Could play up other horror story-telling methods.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I know we’ve spoke about it before, but who would you like to come next?

Lemire??

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I know weÂ’ve spoke about it before, but who would you like to come next?

Lemire??
    Since Mantlo, Hulk’s best writers have been up and comer types. PAD, Pak and Ewing. Most of the “Big names” have failed writing Hulk’s series. Byrne, Aaron and Waid. Paul Jenkins is probably the only big name that didnt fail but wasnt great. And his run has gained importence with Ewing using Devil Hulk.

Love a lot of Lemire’s work. And his one-shot was special. But worried he’d become part of this pattern if he had free reign to write an ongoing Hulk book. Eventually the pattern got Pak and PAD on their returns.

My number 1 choice, I wont pick cuz he’s going to be doing a killer sounding Superman run next year. Gonna read some Zac Thompson stuff cuz he might be my choice if his work hits me right. Alex Paknadel I know is a fan of IH. Has read it all. He’s my choice right now.
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 12-29-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I know we’ve spoke about it before, but who would you like to come next?

Lemire??
    His one shot for IH was kinda disappointing to me honestly, but I’d still check out a Lemire Hulk book. I don’t see him doing a monthly with his creator owned work taking off though. Honestly I don’t really know who among Marvel’s current writers would be a good fit, I just don’t want Cates on the book, I’ve really been turned off by a lot of his writing tropes.

Maybe Ben Percy?

I expect Scott Snyder will end up on the book at some point, he’s got his own horror Hulk pitch separate from Ewing called “Hulk Smashes Everything”. Be curious to see what that looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Since Mantlo, Hulk’s best writers have been up and comer types. PAD, Pak and Ewing. Most of the “Big names” have failed writing Hulk’s series. Byrne, Aaron and Waid. Paul Jenkins is probably the only big name that didnt fail but wasnt great. And his run has gained importence with Ewing using Devil Hulk.

Love a lot of Lemire’s work. And his one-shot was special. But worried he’d become part of this pattern if he had free reign to write an ongoing Hulk book. Eventually the pattern got Pak and PAD on their returns.

My number 1 choice, I wont pick cuz he’s going to be doing a killer sounding Superman run next year. Gonna read some Zac Thompson stuff cuz he might be my choice if his work hits me right. Alex Paknadel I know is a fan of IH. Has read it all. He’s my choice right now.
    Hah you want PKJ on Hulk? Gotta admit I never thought about that. It could still happen, he’s doing Aliens for Marvel at the same time as Superman, DC isn’t doing exclusive contracts anymore apparently. He could do both, especially since he’s taking a break from TLG for a bit to give Federrici a rest, and he’s only on both Superman books until a September event, then he’s handing one off to another team. What makes you think he’d be a good fit for Hulk?

Ben Percy has been doing a fine job on both Wolverine and X-Force (specially on the later). Could be a nice choice.

I did kind of like Bryne's first run; he also brought back pretty much all of Hulk's supporting cast (Who were largely written out for Mantlo's smart Hulk), laying some of the groundwork for Peter David as well. Art was pretty good too, unfortunately Milgrom kind of later dragged out that storyline a bit too much (with worst art) before PAD came in.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ready to kick asses again!