Page 104 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2205
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I doubt it. From his very first interview, Ewing has made clear He wanted to fundamentally change and add to the character's mythology. He stated that, when it's over, there'll be all these new elements for future writers to play, much like what happened with PAD's run. The Green Door, his origin (and the Gamma Power) tied to it and TOBA are now fundamental aspects of the Hulk. If people want throw it away after his run, it's their problem.
    I'm not talking about that stuff being removed, I'm talking about Hulk casually coming back from death. Big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Unused Leader Concepts

Creepy as hell. Bennett is a master!
    Looks like the second one is pretty much the inspiration for the deformed Rick-Leader.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Regarding Hulk and the Avengers, I think he was fairly active during Waid's era on the main title and Hickman's on the Avengers, although in both cases he was pretty much written as the MCU Hulk. Plus he had that mostly pointless armor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Regarding Hulk and the Avengers, I think he was fairly active during Waid's era on the main title and Hickman's on the Avengers, although in both cases he was pretty much written as the MCU Hulk. Plus he had that mostly pointless armor.
    To be fair, it's weird how he's always half naked.

BANNED

What do we have here
    20201005_223049.jpg

BANNED

One more.

20201005_223051.jpg

Am I reading this wrong or did he use Hulk to get into a bunker?
    Last edited by TCHRISJ; 10-05-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    To be fair, it's weird how he's always half naked.
    When you have that many muscles, shirts just slow you down.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    One more.

20201005_223051.jpg

Am I reading this wrong or did he use Hulk to get into a bunker?
    Maybe he's trying to get into Shadowbase.

Joe and Professor didn't seem to have the clothes problem as much since they had prolonged periods where they weren't Banner. Although Joe-when he started out and was just "Grey Hulk" at least managed to keep tatters of the shirt on, both in reference to the Hulk's earlier appearances and also because he was a bit smaller than Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Some things change with time.

The need for dramatic tension does not.

Without the threat of death, Hulk loses tension.
    Not really. Immortal Hulk has had more tension to it than any of the immediate precursors to it. Plus nobody who has been consistently reading comics views death for A-Listers as a source of tension. Everyone knows it’s only a matter of time until they come back. Hell when an A-Lister does die, Marvel usually spoils it in the damn title, so we all know what’s going to happen. There’s no chance of any single issue cliffhanger with Hulk in mortal peril as antagonist #249 chuckles evily about how their death trap will kill the Hulk for real this time, actually being right.

The tension nowadays is “what will Hulk do? What kind of damage will he leave in his wake? Is he doomed to forever be the “bad guy” or can that change?” For Immortal Hulk specifically the tension is “can the bad future we witnessed be changed or prevented?”
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-06-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not really. Immortal Hulk has had more tension to it than any of the immediate precursors to it. Plus nobody who has been consistently reading comics views death for A-Listers as a source of tension. Everyone knows it’s only a matter of time until they come back. Hell when an A-Lister does die, Marvel usually spoils it in the damn title, so we all know what’s going to happen. There’s no chance of any single issue cliffhanger with Hulk in mortal peril as antagonist #249 chuckles evily about how their death trap will kill the Hulk for real this time, actually being right.

The tension nowadays is “what will Hulk do? What kind of damage will he leave in his wake? Is he doomed to forever be the “bad guy” or can that change?” For Immortal Hulk specifically the tension is “can the bad future we witnessed be changed or prevented?”
    Couldn't have said it better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

The tension nowadays, isn't the tension we'll always have, though.

The bad future hanging over Hulk now will be resolved by Ewing before he leaves the series, mark my words. The One Below All will get resolved, and I'd place money on the Green Door being closed afterwards

Wonder if Ewing might pull the Banner gets cured thing at some point at the end-but if he does, it'd be curious if the Hulk personas would remain in his head, like we've seen with Joe and Savage (Back in the PAD run). They've been implied to have all been there since his trauma, only the gamma bomb gave them to opportunity to manifest as giant green and grey monsters.

We've had at least three cure storylines in the past two decades I think-the Red Hulk one (With Red Hulk and Skaar pretty much taking over the Hulk title) undone by Samson's sacrifice, the "sort of" one where Banner and Hulk were seperated after Fear Itself if I remember, and the one right before Civil War II which led to Amadeus becoming the Hulk and Banner's 'death'.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Some things change with time.

The need for dramatic tension does not.

Without the threat of death, Hulk loses tension.
    Wow, could not disagree with you more here. Hulk has been in no danger of death for this entire series and yet I've been more invested / tense about outcomes than I've been in the character for a very very very long time.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

BANNED

Even before Hulk ever became "immortal" i literally never felt the tension of death, even when they killed him off in Civil War i never for a second thought "oh wow no more Hulk", my first thought literally was "When and how are they bringing him back", like i dunno if people are new to comics or what but the threat of death to an A-list character is just non-existent, even Ewing in one of his interviews has mentioned everyone has been dead and came back at some point, he even listed guys like Thor, Widow, etc... Hulks former Avengers teammates so he thought instead of all of them coming back through some contrived or ill-defined reasons, he thought he would make it an actual power of Hulks, something tied into the lore of the character.

So please stop about the "tension of death", Hulks been dead numeruous times, has been replaced by Amadeus Cho even during his death and not for a second did it felt suspenseful to me, but more boring and just setting up the timer for when he comes back. Besides if you read She-Hulk, Leader actually reveals none of them are actually immortal to begin with, not really. He literally controls Hulks green door and can turn on and off his immortality whenever he wants so how the hell does that not fit your criteria for the tensions of death? Its literally right there, Leader can kill Hulk permanently whenever he wants now, which obviously he wont because NO A-list super-hero is gonna get killed off and stay that way for more than 2-3 years max.