Page 131 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

HULK X WOLVERINE and THE THING COMMISSION by Joe Bennett

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Yeah, and I'm talking as someone who really liked the art in the first issue.
    You might've liked the first issue because a couple of the first pages were drawn by a pretty good artist. =)
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    You might've liked the first issue because a couple of the first pages were drawn by a pretty good artist. =)
    Actually, I wasn't even taking Keown's art into account; only Germán Peralta's. I thought it was really good in #1, but it didn't keep the level of quality, imo.

[EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] WRITER AL EWING DISCUSSES THE HORROR INFLUENCES HIDING BENEATH THE SURFACE OF MARVEL COMICS SERIES IMMORTAL HULK

In 1962 creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby introduced readers to a decidedly different comic book superhero; one whose inspirations were rooted in classic monster tales like Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Universal’s Frankenstein series of films. His name was the Hulk and he was the monstrous, super strong, rage-fueled, alter ego of an atomic scientist named Bruce Banner. That combination of horror and heroism would make the Hulk a comic book superstar and later a pop culture icon who would go onto to star in television series, animated programs, and feature films including Marvel Studios’ blockbuster series of Avengers films.

That level of mainstream success and exposure may have some people thinking Hulk has moved far away from the horror stories inspired his creation. That would be an incorrect assumption though because in 2018 Marvel Comics kicked off a brand new series, Immortal Hulk, that is a full-blown horror comic featuring a multitude of creepy sub-genres. It’s also an incredibly accessible book that has something to offer a variety of horror fans including ones who’ve never read a comic book before. To help illuminate that, I spoke with series writer, Al Ewing, about the classic horror films that helped inspire his series, the types of horror stories featured in the book, and how you don’t need to know anything about the Hulk’s past comic book adventures or read any other books to enjoy Immortal Hulk.

https://nofspodcast.com/exclusive-in...-immortal-hulk

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Peter David had a Doc Samson essay about the Hulk (Done in the style of the "Marvel saga" stuff from back then, basically select panels and a paragraph or two explaining the story) in Hulk #393, the big 30th anniversary issue (. Basically it hinted that the Mindless Hulk from #300 and so on was actually a *fourth* persona (Remember this was back when it was just Grey/Savage/Banner) that Samson couldn't quite figure out.
    Peter David has confirmed he didn't write the essay in #393, so you can't take anything in it as being his own thoughts or ideas. It's never credited in the book, but all signs point to it having been written by then-assistant editor for the Hulk series, Christian Cooper. (Yes, THAT Christian Cooper.)

~G.

BANNED

Interesting, so the Avengers will be back, not sure what that means for the Hulk or them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash! View Post
    Peter David has confirmed he didn't write the essay in #393, so you can't take anything in it as being his own thoughts or ideas. It's never credited in the book, but all signs point to it having been written by then-assistant editor for the Hulk series, Christian Cooper. (Yes, THAT Christian Cooper.)

~G.
    I'ma gonna hate the answer, but what do you mean by 'That Christian Cooper'?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'ma gonna hate the answer, but what do you mean by 'That Christian Cooper'?
    Cooper was in the news earlier this year after a woman accosted him in a park and it went viral. For more details, I'd suggest just googling him- it's the bulk of results about him. For once, it's really a case of "THAT person" reflecting negatively on the person in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Interesting, so the Avengers will be back, not sure what that means for the Hulk or them.
    It means another ass kicking for them.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Do you see this going beyond #50? It feels like there’s so much to do in just 10 issues, particularly if we are going to see The Avengers again.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Do you see this going beyond #50? It feels like there’s so much to do in just 10 issues, particularly if we are going to see The Avengers again.
    The way Ewing has been speaking about it, I think it's pretty much a given it will go beyond #50!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Cooper was in the news earlier this year after a woman accosted him in a park and it went viral. For more details, I'd suggest just googling him- it's the bulk of results about him. For once, it's really a case of "THAT person" reflecting negatively on the person in question.
    Ah, okay. I thought it was Mr. Cooper who'd done something wrong, lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It's 100% going beyond issue 50, ever since everyone found out that originally it was meant to end at issue 50, Ewing has been asked about it a lot and he is now gonna have it end at a different number, personally i don't think it will go beyond 55, more likely 52-53, but other people are right, it feels like there is so much to compact i mean we are already at issue 40 and we need to wrap up Leaders ARC, TOBA final arc, now the Avengers will also appear, i dunno if that all can be done in 10-15 issues without it feeling rushed.

I wonder toward the end of this arc will the "evil" forms of the Hulk be finally retired/purged.. There is also the risk of Sterns passing along his knowledge of how to tap into the Green Doors to bad people.

What is going on with Jackie McGee?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Uh, how did Christian getting accosted in a park by a racist reflect negatively on *him*?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud