Page 63 of 147 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Immortal Hulk #34, summary:

"I almost got him, a few times. Yeah, I know I got excited and overconfident. But I was just rehearsing for the big one.

I'm really gonna get em, this time. Really. Really I am. Really."

The only thing I want out of this, is for Fixit to be involved.
    That's really not what happened, though.

The entire issue was about the Leader's death(s), and how he reacted and what he learned.

All leading up to how he might hijack the Green Door and 'One Below All'

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That's really not what happened, though.

The entire issue was about the Leader's death(s), and how he reacted and what he learned.

All leading up to how he might hijack the Green Door and 'One Below All'
    Exactly, and we can only imagine what kind of disasters will come from this.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Has there been any info revealed about Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place beyond the solicits? Don't even know who the main villain is

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Has there been any info revealed about Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place beyond the solicits? Don't even know who the main villain is
    Not that I know, PlatinumThorns. It's a mystery so far.

Kind of curious when it'll take place. Seems the Devil persona and Fixit are 'stuck'/imprisoned for a while while Green Scar (Or some would say the Leader possibly controlling him?) and Savage/Big Guy are the main Hulks in the last few stories. Unless it's actually one of them in the series.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

The Threshing place was suppose to come out in April, so it would likely have taken place before Hulk even confronted Roxxton and Xemnu. IIRC Lemire even said he finished the whole story literally the day it was announced which was back in January.

These one-shots tend to take place way before the current Immortal Hulk issues, most of the time, like the Immortal Hulk Spiderman one-shot took place before Hulk fought Thing and that took place around IH 20.

Curious to read this one-shot; I think it's gonna be good, and Lemire is one of the few writers nowadays I'd trust to follow Ewing's superb run.

An incredible essay about Immortal Hulk, one of the best I'v read. It's great to see how the complex nature of the character affect people in so many ways.

Living in a World Made Not for You: A Trans Perspective on The Immortal Hulk

https://medium.com/@tunnellzoe/livin...k-f8b0880629fc

I thought it was a good read.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

New issue next week, right?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #286
    “Hero!”

Cover Date: August 1983
    Sale Date: May 10th, 1983
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Kim DeMulder
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Recordasphere, 41st Century Soldier
    Villain: Kang

Synopsis: Bruce Banner is settling back into a quiet life of science, using his knowledge to build a mobile journal based on Bereet’s Star-Eye called the Recordasphere. He’s soon pulled into the 41st Century future where it’s revealed that Kang is the supreme ruler of the Earth and society is in a constant state of war, vying for fame as “Soldier of the Day”.
    Commentary: Controversial issue, as this issue almost got Mantlo fired for plagiarizing from a Harlan Ellison story. Shooter explained what had happened on his blog: http://jimshooter.com/2011/06/plagiaris.html/
    I’ve never cared for it, the story was subpar and beyond “meh” for me. I’ve never seen an episode of the Outer Limits either. After getting spoiled with Sinnott and Stone on inks the last few months, we now get a horrible pairing of Buscema/DeMulder for the art team. DeMulder doesn't mesh well with Sal at all, and to be fair, it’s going to be rough for a solid inker until issue #293. Like issue #230, it’s one I will to skip on series re-reads.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #287
    “Loose Ends!”

Cover Date: September 1983
    Sale Date: June 7th, 1983
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Chic Stone
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Bereet, Recordasphere, Kate Waynesboro, General Ross
    Villain: MODOK

Synopsis: After his adventure in the 41st century, Bruce Banner returns to Northwind Observatory and greeted by Dr. Katherine Waynesboro, his new research assistant. Cut to Los Angeles, California, where Bereet bears witness to the pros and cons of her movie release. A few days later at Northwind, Kate and Bruce have become a little closer, and she sees that the shadow/memory of the Hulk still haunts Banner. The Recordasphere becomes jealous of their relationship and discovers that Kate is actually a spy for SHIELD. The issue closes with the villain MODOK breaking into the Project Earthfall facility to gain access to the Abomination’s frozen body…with the help of one General “Thunderbolt” Ross.
    Commentary: Quiet issue with some plot lines brewing up and resolving themselves. Bereet is written out of the title, and I am not exactly positive, but unless she’s popped up elsewhere, this is her final appearance. Because Sal is doing layouts, Chic’s inking doesn’t seem to mesh well like they did back on #232.

Immortal Hulk #35 preview! The mindscape never looked that cool!

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...lk-35-preview/

I'm Brazilian, and it's amazing to see Immortal Hulk transcending the comics medium.

There's this piece about Immortal Hulk being the best comic book being published now (Imortal Hulk: a melhor HQ da atualidade).

The portal Terra.com is one of the biggest from all South America, btw.

It's in portuguese, of course, but I'll post the link, anyway

https://www.terra.com.br/parceiros/m...e,9035199.html

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I'm Brazilian, and it's amazing to see Immortal Hulk transcending the comics medium.

There's this piece about Immortal Hulk being the best comic book being published now (Imortal Hulk: a melhor HQ da atualidade).

The portal Terra.com is one of the biggest from all South America, btw.

It's in portuguese, of course, but I'll post the link, anyway

https://www.terra.com.br/parceiros/m...e,9035199.html
    Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for Hulk) we’re living in a time period where there’s a ton of anger going around. Hulk’s appeal has never been stronger. Add in a classic run in the making and it’s no surprise the world is taking notice. I hope the book influences things going forward, more so than Ruffalo Hulk.