Page 107 of 147 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2205
    Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The problem is gore/body horror is the driving force of Joe Bennetts art and is fundamental to the series and you can't have that without Hulks body getting damaged in all kinds of horrific ways. As a result it gives of the illusion that Hulk is way less durable than he really is, which isn't really the case. Even early on in issue 8, Ewing established that even an adamantium scalpel mounted on a hydraulic arm that can bend titanium like paper had trouble cutting through Hulks already exposed organs, so his durability is there the problem is Ewing doesn't always address that the weapons that hurt him are powerful enough to hurt pretty much anyone. For instance remember when Buschwacker blew half of Hulks head away with a 1000 caliber bullet? Well people thought he used regular bullets there which means anyone can blow a hole through Hulk now as long as they have large caliber bullets, so a friend of mine asked Ewing on twitter about this and his response was that the bullets were special and had a special mix in them from some of the unique metals found in Marvel i presume he is referring to stuff like vibranium/adamantium but the exact composition isn't known, either way that is enough to dispel the notion that he can be hurt by regular bullets even high caliber ones the problem is he didn't put that in the comic. Even more recently we saw Puck split open Hulks head with his bazooka which again isn't explained what type of weapon/bullet/energy blast it used, although funny enough he shot Hulk with it in issue 36 in the chest and it didn't blow a hole in him there, it was only after Creel started damaging and rag dolling Hulk around that i guess his durability got compromised so he was easier to hurt or at least i presume that's Ewings logic behind it, the problem is he didn't put it in the comic as a throaway line to explain it.

So once again because Ewing either personally doesn't care to explain each weapon or attack that hurts Hulk or because he thought issue 8 is enough to cover that Hulk is really durable so anything that hurts him has to be exceptional, we get the false idea that Hulk is easy to damage, in reality if anyone were to ask Ewing this question he would probably tell you that Hulk is every bit as durable if not more than any other superhero out there. Now if the kind of weapons that hurt Hulk end up not hurting other super heroes at some point in the comic then we can definitely say that he done goofed when it comes Hulks durability and it isn't what it's suppose to be until then, you can't really say his durability is bad until you know exactly how powerful the weapons and attacks on him really are.
    Joe Bennett said puke shot hulk with gamma bullet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    Joe Bennett said puke shot hulk with gamma bullet.
    I am sorry the "puke" part made me laugh harder than it should, but yea Joe said he shot him with a gamma bullet, so until we see that same gamma bullet bounce of Thor or Hyperion or whatever you can't say Hulks durability is worse than it was before.

Fantastic Member

hulk41.jpg

Anyone catch how Joe is reflected in the window?

Remember that old theory that cosmic rays and gamma rays were polar opposites and deriving from TOAA and TOBA?

And then there's this:
    https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-ne...y-read-before/

"I realized there was a great opportunity for a twist… I didn't want to let that chance go to waste."

Furthermore, Ewing alluded to a unique take on the characters' relationship that will connect with narrative themes he's been utilizing in his ongoing Immortal narrative, "It's ended up really playing into some ideas I've been having about gamma rays and cosmic rays, and some of the larger workings of the book."
    We're totally getting an in universe explanation for all the fights over the years and how spunky Ben can stand up to the Hulk. Basically, echoing the battle between TOAA and TOBA.

How weird would it be for the whole issue to be a religious conversation between the two, with Ben (who's always been religious) and Hulk (who's generally NOT been religious) going at each other verbally. Presumably ending with Ben saying something along the lines of he has faith things'll turn out ok. Then something occurs outside that requires the two of them to save everyone as a way of healing the division between fanbases

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Love Ewing’s take on the Hulk vs. Leader relationship as one of rational vs irrational thinking. It’s something that’s always been there but I don’t think it’s ever been articulated like that. Hulk is a monster of the id whereas Leader is basically the superego. Ewing is right about straight up “who is stronger” fights with Hulk lacking weight because Hulk is always going to be “The Strongest One There Is” but then I do wonder if that means he’s not going to bother bringing Blonsky back into the picture which would be a shame imo.
    He totally gets everything about the character, doesn't he? If you're going to face the Hulk, nothing better than the "smartest one there is", in some sense.

Did we ever get confirmation if Hulk was getting stuck on a team or not?

No, and there wasn't really any news about the Avengers team like the one they described. So either they have some good sources, or pull things out of their ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    No, and there wasn't really any news about the Avengers team like the one they described. So either they have some good sources, or pull things out of their ass.
    I'd say rear, as the team vaguely sounded like the cast of the next Avengers movie

BANNED

Or you guys could just click on the twitter link that was posted a few pages back to see the artist that announced the new series himself https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312

Anyway since then Cap and Thor were also added to the team and it looks like that's it since the artist hasn't announced anyone new in 5 days. So the team will be Black Panther, Hulk, Spider-man, Widow, Captain Marvel, Thor and Captain America.

The writer for it will be Jed Mackey https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312/...41659384127489 or he will be one of the writers, maybe there will be more. Anyway i am not overly familiar with him, i know he is suppose to write a new Taskmaster comic coming this November.

Or you guys could just click on the twitter link that was posted a few pages back to see the artist that announced the new series himself https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312

Anyway since then Cap and Thor were also added to the team and it looks like that's it since the artist hasn't announced anyone new in 5 days. So the team will be Black Panther, Hulk, Spider-man, Widow, Captain Marvel, Thor and Captain America.

The writer for it will be Jed Mackey https://twitter.com/CarlosMagno1312/...41659384127489 or he will be one of the writers, maybe there will be more. Anyway i am not overly familiar with him, i know he is suppose to write a new Taskmaster comic coming this November.
    Crap it's worse than I thought.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Only two women and one person of color? Ugh.

Although I do love Jed’s Black Cat.

Sorry about this, then, though even knowing it's supposed to be posted there somewhere, I still can't find the link. McKay is pretty uneven, but eh, Magno. He may be the worst current artist that Marvel has.

EDIT:
    Wonder what it will be, the team largely covers the same characters as Aaronvengers. So is his run axed? Or perhaps King in Black mini? But that seems weird considering Hulk's status.
    Last edited by Sataniel; 10-14-2020 at 03:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Sorry about this, then, though even knowing it's supposed to be posted there somewhere, I still can't find the link. McKay is pretty uneven, but eh, Magno. He may be the worst current artist that Marvel has.

EDIT:
    Wonder what it will be, the team largely covers the same characters as Aaronvengers. So is his run axed? Or perhaps King in Black mini? But that seems weird considering Hulk's status.
    Page 101, post number 1510 is where i posted the link to the twitter announcement.

As of now it's not revealed if this is a different Avengers mini series, similar to how No Road Home was or if it's the main Avengers series replacing Aarons one, Aaron is suppose to have many more long term plans for the Avengers including an arc that focuses on a bunch of characters getting the Phoenix force but it's possible that the series might get axed after that, after all his Avengers series has been poorly received by a large number of fans.

Astonishing Member

Immortal Hulk#37 was quite cool.The art and colouring were awesome.Looking forward to read the next story.
    Same with Maestro#2,the ending of the story was surprising and this have been a Hulk limited series that i am enjoying reading.

And cool to see a new comic book featuring Carlos Magno art,the detailed art style of the artist is extraordinary.

BANNED

Anyway issue 38 of Immortal Hulk was great, it's a shame the solicitations spoil the outcome of the fight that will happen next issue.

And also what the hell happened to Green Scar now? Is he possessed by Leader? Or did Leader just take up his image inside Banners mind while Green Scar is either gone or what??? I hope Ewing addresses this, i would hate for it to be left unanswered and i will hate if he killed off Green Scar off-screen, but i don't think Ewing would do something grave like that.

Oh Leader. All the brainpower and you still keep underestimating the basic core of how Hulk works. spoilers:
    You shouldn’t have made Devil Hulk angry. You won’t like him when he’s angry.
    end of spoilers
    Good issue but it’s mostly buildup towards the climatic fight happening next. Can’t wait for the next issue, Bennet is going to draw the hell out of a mindscape fight I’m sure. We know Devil sadly isn’t going to wipe the floor with Leader but I’m very excited to see what goes down and how it leads to Joe being the only one left in control. Also I love how Bennet draws Brian Banner, he’s so delightfully insane.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-14-2020 at 07:18 AM.