Page 110 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2205

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Ok, so theorizing..

I think the reason we haven't seen the Triad is they're the failsafe when all the system fails. They didn't appear originally until the core Banner alter committed psychic suicide. As the core, he can't "die" just get buried really deep. So, his primal/elemental selves manifested until such point that Banner could pull himself together.

And we know that fairly soon alters start dying and Banner starts to feel himself being eaten.

So, my theory is that Leader, backed into a corner starts unleashing parts of Bruce. Taunting him with cruelty, beating back Banner, killing off parts of him (in so much as an alter can be killed/buried deep). Perhaps he unleashes Guilt Hulk which starts eating the other alters. Recall Jenkins mindspace battle with Devil where the alters all teamed up to beat Guilt Hulk. Except now, Bruce has a lot more guilt and it might have the edge.

Ultimately, Guilt Hulk and Leader are destroyed and a new merged Hulk emerges at the end of the series. So far, Ewing has covered almost all the important moments in Hulk history from Mantlo and PAD to Pak and Jenkins. But the Professor era has largely been without an "echo" which is why I think it'll come at the end of the run. And it'd be a new direction for a new writer to explore something Ewing seems interested in doing rather than putting all the toys back in the box.

Seriously, Ewing's run has been like a greatest hits album, touching upon all eras of the Hulk over the years. Professor seems to be an important missing part, and referenced early on in the run.
    Having a new merged incarnation emerging could be complicated. I mean, he should be different enough from the original, an incarnation that has never been that interesting, imo. What the new merged could bring to the table?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Having a new merged incarnation emerging could be complicated. I mean, he should be different enough from the original, an incarnation that has never been that interesting, imo. What the new merged could bring to the table?
    I personally would love it if we had the Hulk personas all in action in the next ongoing series. Each one coming out when needed or if a situation calls for a particular persona.

Savage Hulk - For simple smash and bash.

Joe Fixit/Sunshine Joe - When they need a Hulk who is less destructive, more crafty, yet can smash if necessary.

Devil Hulk - When the threats are massive - Planetary to Multiversal - and will require a more brutal, malevolent approach.

Green Scar - When the threats are massive - Planetary to Multiversal - but require a Hulk that's a warrior and heroic who will only kill if absolutely necessary.

Professor Hulk - When a situation requires Banner's intellect, yet still may require the power of the Hulk to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I personally would love it if we had the Hulk personas all in action in the next ongoing series. Each one coming out when needed or if a situation calls for a particular persona.

Joe Fixit/Sunshine Joe - When they need a Hulk who is less destructive, more crafty, yet can smash if necessary.

Devil Hulk - When the threats are massive - Planetary to Multiversal - and will require a more brutal, malevolent approach.

Green Scar - When the threats are massive - Planetary to Multiversal - but require a Hulk that's a warrior and heroic who will only kill if absolutely necessary.

Professor Hulk - When a situation requires Banner's intellect, yet still may require the power of the Hulk to get the job done.
    That could be great! But it would require someone very talented to write it...I hope the next writer to be really good, of course.

BANNED

That could be great! But it would require someone very talented to write it...I hope the next writer to be really good, of course.
    I bet Al Ewing would easily pull it off. Can't think of many good writers who could do it though. Perhaps... Kieron Gillen?

I bet Al Ewing would easily pull it off. Can't think of many good writers who could do it though. Perhaps... Kieron Gillen?
    Gillen, yes. I always talk about the usual suspects as far as great current go, like Zdarsky (I'd suppose He can write a great Hulk), Hickman, Jenkins, Lemire etc. One writer I haven't mentioned before is Saladin Ahmed: the guy is amazing, and his Eisner-winning Black Bolt is proof enough He can write anything, imo.

BANNED

One thing i am hoping happens at some point in the series is the merging of ALL the incarnations, not necessarily merging to create an entirely new persona, but them merging to combine their power to fight TOBA or something, because i am still not sure how Ewing imagines Hulk/Bruce taking on TOBA which is the second most powerful being in all of Marvel in a realistic way, the only way is for TOBA to job or give Hulk a ludicrous outlier.

So i am hoping all the incarnations end up working together inside the mindscape, pull their power together, this could actually manifest itself in the real world in some way as well, like since body horror is a thing and Bennett is an insanely good artist i wouldn't be against him drawing a giant Hulk with maybe like 4 arms coming out of him instead of 2 and each arm representing a different Hulk, you have the regular green arm, you have Devil Hulks lizard arm, you have Green Scar with the spikes and you have Grey Hulks arm, that would be quite something.

I think Ewing at least teased such a thing happening, but at the time it was "evil" Bruce

04.jpg

And i remember when asked if there is a good/non-evil version of it, he said if there is it's best to leave it the pages of the comic, which makes me thing he already has the idea of it in his mind

Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So it confirmed that Devil Hulk also gets stronger with rage or could be possibly be something more akin to protection?
    so if it is released, what are the targets of the Devil Hulk? What does it want in terms of goals?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    One thing i am hoping happens at some point in the series is the merging of ALL the incarnations, not necessarily merging to create an entirely new persona, but them merging to combine their power to fight TOBA or something, because i am still not sure how Ewing imagines Hulk/Bruce taking on TOBA which is the second most powerful being in all of Marvel in a realistic way, the only way is for TOBA to job or give Hulk a ludicrous outlier.

So i am hoping all the incarnations end up working together inside the mindscape, pull their power together, this could actually manifest itself in the real world in some way as well, like since body horror is a thing and Bennett is an insanely good artist i wouldn't be against him drawing a giant Hulk with maybe like 4 arms coming out of him instead of 2 and each arm representing a different Hulk, you have the regular green arm, you have Devil Hulks lizard arm, you have Green Scar with the spikes and you have Grey Hulks arm, that would be quite something.

I think Ewing at least teased such a thing happening, but at the time it was "evil" Bruce

04.jpg

And i remember when asked if there is a good/non-evil version of it, he said if there is it's best to leave it the pages of the comic, which makes me thing he already has the idea of it in his mind

Untitled.jpg
    I agree Merged Hulk wasn't the best incarnation, but we also didn't have Devil and personalities like Fixit getting stronger.

I was merely thinking that one problem that's always plagued the title is getting the voice right, be it Salad Head or Merged, even Banner can't catch a break being a fragile needy scientist in one book and competent scientific powerhouse in another. Which is why I think it'll be a new status quo, instead of Ewing putting the toys away.

Now if that means Bruce understands his system better and we get a true merged Hulk (where he can subconsciously call upon alters as needed as we saw in the Xemnu arc) I dunno. I'd rather see a more together Bruce in other words. I'm tired of the character being all weepy, always thinking of suicide, terrified of "the big guy", etc. With Samson back, there'd be a lot of fertile ground to explore this new being calling itself Bruce/Hulk and what he's truly capable of and what that means for the world. Does he go on the road ala Immortal Hulk? Does he isolate and get himself together ala Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine? Does he become proactive like Pak's Banner? And as with all reinventions/status quos, you can reintroduce him and play off the whole Marvel U.

Basically, I have zero confidence someone can follow up Ewing's work at the level we're used to so he'll make it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so if it is released, what are the targets of the Devil Hulk? What does it want in terms of goals?
    The main characteristic of this incarnation is that he's highly protective of Banner and the Savage Hulk. You don't want to mess with any of them, because things will get ugly.

If, "to protect them", He needs to destroy the world, he's gonna do so.

Maestro #3 preview

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...tro-3-preview/

Peralta's art here is really...meh. :/

BANNED

Maestro #3 preview

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...tro-3-preview/

Peralta's art here is really...meh. :/
    The art's been meh from the start really, his Hulk in particular looks puny and it's in stark contrast to Keown drawing Hulk, where he looks huge next to other Avengers, here it's hard to tell if Maestro is any bigger than Hercules.

That was kind of how the Jenkins run from the early 200s went, there was kind of a revolving door of Hulk personas, especially since Banner was not only dying but also was still reeling from Betty's death. This also crossed over into other comics such as Defenders/The Order and Hulk's guest appearance in the Avengers where a European nation all became Hulks. Loeb also did that a bit too, Savage, Joe and Green Scar all showed up in his run (although of course the main focus was on the Red Hulk).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Cho appeared briefly in the War on Roxxon arc, but was likely abandoned with the Namor plotline that was supposed to happen.
    Didn't know that. Can you link to where Ewing talked about it?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud