Page 73 of 147 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2205
    Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Lots of discussions about what's happening here!
    This could be the death of one of Banner incarnations of Hulk. I guess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    And just look at that art!

That is one Lovecraftian piece of **** right there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    That is one Lovecraftian piece of **** right there.
    Funny you should say that..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    This could be the death of one of Banner incarnations of Hulk. I guess.
    If it is in the fact the death of one of the hulk’s, then I suspect that it’s Gray hulk who will go. He’s fought the least of all of the Personalities in this run. Plus, it might explain why Bruce was calling out For Joe to help him in Issue #25

I think the series will end with a new version of the merged hulk (although more stable than when it happened in PAD’s run)

It could be just another transformation; we've seen some pretty weird ones during Bennet's run-whereas in the past, Banner would simply just get bigger and greener (or greyer).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It could be just another transformation; we've seen some pretty weird ones during Bennet's run-whereas in the past, Banner would simply just get bigger and greener (or greyer).
    Yeah, his transformation between forms is pretty consistently depicted like that, especially when forced via solar emitters and such.

And I managed to locate the page about the translocator and it seems to clearly state they've stored Earth locations. It's possible they hit a random place, but probably not.

https://i1.wp.com/thisisdeadpool.com...016-scaled.jpg

I doubt it's Joe dying, at least at this stage. IF he dies, it'll be much more grand and tragic, and likely in defense of the system, as he's the last hold out of the alters. He doesn't trust Devil, and once all the other alters are on board, he's the last one to start coming around to their plan.

Ultimate Member

Anyone remember Incredible Hulk 460?

Reading it, I wonder if that's what kicked off Ewing's Immortal Hulk

I want the Gray Hulk to be unleashed and to save the day at one point. I don't want the "internal battles" to dominate the narrative.

Isn't Joe technically the first Hulk (Or the first persona at least to 'transform')? Granted, the Hulk persona in IH #1 doesn't really resemble what Joe turned out to be....

It's also interested in the early PAD stuff he didn't really consider himself separate from the savage Hulk that much...I think it wasn't until the Keown run that it really started to establish them as different alters.

(Although it's generally thought that Doc Green is a smarter savage I think)

Fantastic Member

The Hulk from Incredible #1 was dubbed "Hulk Prime" - Gray skin, but NOT Gravage or Grey persona. The Joe personality didn't emerge until Hulk #4 - which was when Kirby started drawing him in the same manner as the future Grey Hulk (as drawn by Byrne, Milgrom & McFarlane).

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Isn't Joe technically the first Hulk (Or the first persona at least to 'transform')? Granted, the Hulk persona in IH #1 doesn't really resemble what Joe turned out to be....

It's also interested in the early PAD stuff he didn't really consider himself separate from the savage Hulk that much...I think it wasn't until the Keown run that it really started to establish them as different alters.

(Although it's generally thought that Doc Green is a smarter savage I think)
    Yes. PAD kept with this explanation that Milgrom came up with when he found out Rick had become another Hulk from HULK #326:

Basically, one Hulk resided within Banner. No Professor, no clown, no devil, no snake.
    ONE Hulk.
    The amount of gamma radiation in Banner's body was the reasoning behind the color change.
    Less gamma equated to a smaller, gray Hulk with greater intelligence.
    More gamma equated to a larger, green Hulk with diminished intelligence.
    It wasn't until the start of the Defenders reunion/merger storyline that we got the seeds planted for multiple Hulks residing in Banner - with the Gray Hulk creating the mental block to prevent the green one returning.

And yes, Doc Green was the Savage Hulk with ultra-accelerated intelligence thanks to the Extremis Virus.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    The Hulk from Incredible #1 was dubbed "Hulk Prime" - Gray skin, but NOT Gravage or Grey persona. The Joe personality didn't emerge until Hulk #4 - which was when Kirby started drawing him in the same manner as the future Grey Hulk (as drawn by Byrne, Milgrom & McFarlane).
    Kirby couldn't draw a consistent looking Hulk, so I can't buy into a theory of how he rendered him in one issue planted future seeds of the Hulk's personality.
    If anything, Byrne homaged this look when he had the one-panel appearance in IH #318. He's flat-out admitted to loving the Kirby/Ayers rendering, and based on interviews at the time, he was taking the Hulk back to original six-issue series roots. Milgrom and McFarlane just followed suit after he left the book.
    The original idea (before all this DID/MPD retconning) for the personality change in IH #4 was Banner taking control of the Hulk's body via the gamma projector. This was the first Banner in control Hulk, but the brutish side of the Hulk took over and we got him talking and acting like the Thing by issue's end.

Kind of interesting that the Thing, when he debuted, was also sort of brutish ("Bah! Why do humans build doors so small!"), but I think by around the end of the first year he was pretty much his more laid-back, if occasionally melanchology about his looks, persona.

Joe occasionally gets compared to the Thing but he's somewhat way more imoral; if anything the Hulk that gets along the best with Ben seems to be Professor/Merged. In fact, I don't think the two ever fought apart from arm wrestling.

Joe occasionally gets compared to the Thing but he's somewhat way more immoral; if anything the Hulk that gets along the best with Ben seems to be Professor/Merged. In fact, I don't think the two ever fought apart from arm wrestling.
    I think just a couple of very small tussles in DeFalco's FF run that may have amounted to no more than a few panels...and I think in an issue of FF Unlimited?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I think just a couple of very small tussles in DeFalco's FF run that may have amounted to no more than a few panels...and I think in an issue of FF Unlimited?
    Correct. Merged hulk got along with Ben the best, because Bruce was in control for the most part, and I think he could relate to Ben’s struggle of wanting to be normal( at that time). Their interactions during this time were “ friendly ribbing/rivalry” instead of antagonistic hatred like savage and Gray Hulk( although Joe and Ben did air their grievances with each other in a bar during the “countdown” storytelling).