Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 783
  1. #541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I must've missed something from the old issues but the Green Door and Rick's body are connected? Is that from the Absorbing Man/TOBA thing?
    I don't know If I understood your question correctly. But all Gamma beings are connected to the green door/below place. It's why they always come back.

  2. #542

    Default

    Comicbook.com (10/10)


    Immortal Hulk #33

    I love reading The Immortal Hulk for how it showcases Joe Bennettís storytelling, even when he is paired with one of many talented guest artists to date. His layouts continue ratcheting up tension with each turn of the page. A slow descent from Bruceís entire face into his iris is madness-inducing. Both the paneling and how these panels frame characters together build a sense of claustrophobia that makes each moment of explosively unleashed violence a far greater release. Bennett is unleashed in a number of spreads, including one very impressive extra-sized display, to demonstrate how he can deliver power as a visceral force strafed by tightly bunched pencils and inks, subtly twisted, and rich with detail. These pages are nothing short of appropriately terrifying. -- Chase Magnett

    https://comicbook.com/comics/2020/03...arvel-image/#5

  3. #543
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Okay, right off the bat, I'm gonna say it again... I LOVED IMMORTAL HULK #33!

    Everything about this issue was perfect! Joe Bennett killed it on the art! The man is an Elite powerhouse, outdoing himself in every way!

    I even loved the artwork of our guest artist! It was different, but it meshed so well with the story and Bennett's own illustrations.

    I love Al Ewing. Yes, I cannot say that enough. He perfectly portrayed the Green Scar as a protector and unstoppable powerhouse when unleashed. He cares about Banner and Savage, has contempt for Fixit, and loathes Devil. It's going to be very interesting where the relationships with the various alters/personas will go from this point.

    By the way, does anyone else love the fact that when Green Scar emerged that spikes erupted from Hulk's arm like organic armor as if to represent his gladiator armor from his time on Sakaar? ��

    Green Scar is not to be f**ked with! He killed a powerhouse like Xemnu with a single blow! Scary and epic!

    Speaking of Xemnu, am I the only one who's terrified of him? Al Ewing totally reinvented Xemnu and made him into an ultra powerful and terrifying villain. We seen what Xemnu did to Agger, who fought against Thor & Weapon H.

    Speaking of Dario Agger... I was horrified and surprised to what happened to him! That was brutal and horrific as f**k! He really f**ked up by underestimating Xemnu. I almost felt bad for him... almost.

    Then there's that gruesome transformation sequence! Holy sh**balls! That and the fate of Agger made my stomach turn a bit. Really gnarly and graphic! Yet all of these severely grotesque scenes were also awesome!

    Then there is the ending... The Leader using his vast knowledge to kill Brian Banner, the avatar/pawn of The One Below All! I did not see that coming! And him controlling Rick Jones? Wicked! I immediately thought of their connection in PAD's run!

    Did anyone else?

    All in all, this was a phenomenal issue! More comics need to be like this! The Immortal Hulk is the Strongest Comic There is!!!!

  4. #544
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    I have never enjoyed Hulk as much as in this run, and I LOVED Planet Hulk.

    Im an 80’s kid, so I’m loving the body horror angle, and I adore the cosmic horror stuff that comes with it even more!! It’s not really something I recall seeing before (though I admit to not being terribly familiar with Hulk’s minutiae), but it works so well. That last page had my jaw literally dropped, and me going back to look at previous issues to hunt down clues I missed.

    Excellent issue!

  5. #545
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I don't know If I understood your question correctly. But all Gamma beings are connected to the green door/below place. It's why they always come back.
    Oh I was trying to figure what happened in the last panel.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Okay, right off the bat, I'm gonna say it again... I LOVED IMMORTAL HULK #33!

    Everything about this issue was perfect! Joe Bennett killed it on the art! The man is an Elite powerhouse, outdoing himself in every way!

    I even loved the artwork of our guest artist! It was different, but it meshed so well with the story and Bennett's own illustrations.

    I love Al Ewing. Yes, I cannot say that enough. He perfectly portrayed the Green Scar as a protector and unstoppable powerhouse when unleashed. He cares about Banner and Savage, has contempt for Fixit, and loathes Devil. It's going to be very interesting where the relationships with the various alters/personas will go from this point.

    By the way, does anyone else love the fact that when Green Scar emerged that spikes erupted from Hulk's arm like organic armor as if to represent his gladiator armor from his time on Sakaar? ��

    Green Scar is not to be f**ked with! He killed a powerhouse like Xemnu with a single blow! Scary and epic!

    Speaking of Xemnu, am I the only one who's terrified of him? Al Ewing totally reinvented Xemnu and made him into an ultra powerful and terrifying villain. We seen what Xemnu did to Agger, who fought against Thor & Weapon H.

    Speaking of Dario Agger... I was horrified and surprised to what happened to him! That was brutal and horrific as f**k! He really f**ked up by underestimating Xemnu. I almost felt bad for him... almost.

    Then there's that gruesome transformation sequence! Holy sh**balls! That and the fate of Agger made my stomach turn a bit. Really gnarly and graphic! Yet all of these severely grotesque scenes were also awesome!

    Then there is the ending... The Leader using his vast knowledge to kill Brian Banner, the avatar/pawn of The One Below All! I did not see that coming! And him controlling Rick Jones? Wicked! I immediately thought of their connection in PAD's run!

    Did anyone else?

    All in all, this was a phenomenal issue! More comics need to be like this! The Immortal Hulk is the Strongest Comic There is!!!!
    Best review I've seen so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I have never enjoyed Hulk as much as in this run, and I LOVED Planet Hulk.

    Im an 80ís kid, so Iím loving the body horror angle, and I adore the cosmic horror stuff that comes with it even more!! Itís not really something I recall seeing before (though I admit to not being terribly familiar with Hulkís minutiae), but it works so well. That last page had my jaw literally dropped, and me going back to look at previous issues to hunt down clues I missed.

    Excellent issue!
    So do I, being a kid from the 80s too!

    About the body horror, it's something that, when we analyse, has been part of the character since his first issues! We've seen some grotesque stuff happening during (the short lived Al Migrom's run) and during PAD's: some grotesque scenes with the Hulk ripping parts of his body and a variation of the transformation we saw in Immortal Hulk #33, for example. It also happens in Jenkins'run. And if you search Hulk's history, you'll probably find more.

    But, of course, Ewing and Bennett are taking this to the next level!

  7. #547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh I was trying to figure what happened in the last panel.
    Maybe you already knows this, but I'll detail anyway. During Peter David's run, Banner was physically separated from the Hulk and, some time later, they had to be merged again because both were dying. To do so, the Gamma Base developed a nutrient bath where both Banner and Hulk would be submerged. An accident happened (General Ross tried to sabotage the process) and Rick Jones fell into the bath too.

    As a result, Banner turned into the original Grey Hulk and Rick became a green, much weaker, Hulk. Some issues later, we learn that Samuel Sterns had gradually lost his Gamma intelligence, becoming an ordinary human. He was disguising himself as coroner's assistant in New Mexico to get close to the Gamma Base . To his surprise, he was asked to help on a job at Gamma Base, to retrieve the body of General Ross (He died during the incident). There He followed Bruce Banner, who was on his way to one of his old hidden labs.

    He arrived there too late to save the gamma-ray equipment that the Hulk destroyed after manipulating Banner into using it on himself. He then promised the Hulk that he could permanently get rid of Banner if he helped get Rick Jones' version of Hulk's gamma radiation into Sterns' body. Using the knowledge in the Banner part of his brain to construct a new gamma-ray machine the Hulk also managed to subdue the Jones-Hulk and strap him into it. The experiment infused the gamma radiation into Sterns' body but also destroyed the lab, causing Hulk and Jones to believe The Leader had perished. He escaped and stole Ross' body, making his way to one of his own labs. That's when He mutated into that second form with the "brain-like" head. Due to the Gamma experiment He developed a mental connection to Rick Jones and can access his knowledge.

    That's, probably, what is happening here, considering his connection with Jones and now the control of the green door.

  8. #548
    All-New Member Kolwyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    By the way, does anyone else love the fact that when Green Scar emerged that spikes erupted from Hulk's arm like organic armor as if to represent his gladiator armor from his time on Sakaar?
    Good eye! I missed that parallel. I thought it was odd that it was just the one arm. And it's a good way to visually distinguish him from the other Hulks.

  9. #549
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Maybe you already knows this, but I'll detail anyway. During Peter David's run, Banner was physically separated from the Hulk and, some time later, they had to be merged again because both were dying. To do so, the Gamma Base developed a nutrient bath where both Banner and Hulk would be submerged. An accident happened (General Ross tried to sabotage the process) and Rick Jones fell into the bath too.

    As a result, Banner turned into the original Grey Hulk and Rick became a green, much weaker, Hulk. Some issues later, we learn that Samuel Sterns had gradually lost his Gamma intelligence, becoming an ordinary human. He was disguising himself as coroner's assistant in New Mexico to get close to the Gamma Base . To his surprise, he was asked to help on a job at Gamma Base, to retrieve the body of General Ross (He died during the incident). There He followed Bruce Banner, who was on his way to one of his old hidden labs.

    He arrived there too late to save the gamma-ray equipment that the Hulk destroyed after manipulating Banner into using it on himself. He then promised the Hulk that he could permanently get rid of Banner if he helped get Rick Jones' version of Hulk's gamma radiation into Sterns' body. Using the knowledge in the Banner part of his brain to construct a new gamma-ray machine the Hulk also managed to subdue the Jones-Hulk and strap him into it. The experiment infused the gamma radiation into Sterns' body but also destroyed the lab, causing Hulk and Jones to believe The Leader had perished. He escaped and stole Ross' body, making his way to one of his own labs. That's when He mutated into that second form with the "brain-like" head. Due to the Gamma experiment He developed a mental connection to Rick Jones and can access his knowledge.

    That's, probably, what is happening here, considering his connection with Jones and now the control of the green door.
    Bloody hell.
    "Cable was right!"

  10. #550

    Default

    .... so I take it Dario Agger is not a threat anymore? who are the next villains on the horizon, besides the Leader?

  11. #551
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... so I take it Dario Agger is not a threat anymore? who are the next villains on the horizon, besides the Leader?
    A new Half-Life “the thing in the tubes” is coming I think.

  12. #552
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Ultimately TOBA is the main baddie of the run. Everyone else is a mask.

    Main difference is that Sterns is the first person to seek it out.

  13. #553
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,411

    IMMORTAL HULK #33 was one of the best comics I've read during the past twenty years 4 out of 5 stars (and I seldom give a rating above 3 stars), easily.

    This legendary run rolls on. Dare I say it, is this the best run of Hulk ever? If not, it has to be in the top five or even three.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-27-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  14. #554
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    IMMORTAL HULK #33 was one of the best comics I've read during the past twenty years 4 out of 5 stars (and I seldom give a rating above 3 stars), easily.

    This legendary run rolls on. Dare I say it, is this the best run of Hulk ever? If not, it has to be in the top five or even three.
    We'll see if it can stick the landing.

  15. #555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bloody hell.
    Quite simple, ins't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    IMMORTAL HULK #33 was one of the best comics I've read during the past twenty years 4 out of 5 stars (and I seldom give a rating above 3 stars), easily.

    This legendary run rolls on. Dare I say it, is this the best run of Hulk ever? If not, it has to be in the top five or even three.
    I think the ending will be one for the ages!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •