Page 115 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2205
    BANNED

The father Bruce never had...

Anyone wonder if Ewing might do something drastic like literally kill off Devil Hulk in the next issue? Like pull a complete surprise on us and just kills him for good? I am beginning to wonder honestly...

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Well, as far as I know, this variant cover is a huge spoiler (from what I've heard).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Well, as far as I know, this variant cover is a huge spoiler (from what I've heard).
    Is it? Most of these covers seem to have little bearing on what actually happens in the book.

Are there spoiler tags in this forum? I don't see any here... unless I'm missing something.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It certainly looks like this is it for Devil Hulk. Which is abit of a shame considering it’s the main hulk persona of the Immortal Hulk series.
    But it certainly takes us into the “endgame” phase of the run where all is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Is it? Most of these covers seem to have little bearing on what actually happens in the book.

Are there spoiler tags in this forum? I don't see any here... unless I'm missing something.
    Man, that's what I got from some comments about it on twitter. I wasn't criticizing your post, though.

You can use the tag [spoil] anyway.

Man, that's what I got from some comments about it on twitter. I wasn't criticizing your post, though.

You can use the tag [spoil] anyway.
    Hmm, that spoil tag seems to only work on text, not images.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, everyone talks about the great writers for Hulk, PAD, Bruce Mantlo, etc. but what are some lesser known issues/runs on Hulk that were decent?
    Len Wein’s run during the 70’s was really good. He nailed the savage hulk’s voice and showed that even though he was child like, he definitely was not stupid or simple( an aspect that other writers struggle with to varying degrees; although,Al Ewing has shown that he understands the big guy well)

BANNED

spoilers:
    Is it the same thing i have suspected? That this is the actual death of Devil Hulk? To be honest i don't think Ewing will kill him off for good, i think he will make us believe he is really dead for several issues than he will once again make a huge comeback, I dunno if Ewing wants to kill off a Hulk alter for good.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Damn that’s a sweet cover! It doesn’t really spoil anything for me. Devil Hulk was do for some repercussions sooner or later. And the best hulk stories are the ones where he comes back even stronger than ever after being counted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    spoilers:
    Is it the same thing i have suspected? That this is the actual death of Devil Hulk? To be honest i don't think Ewing will kill him off for good, i think he will make us believe he is really dead for several issues than he will once again make a huge comeback, I dunno if Ewing wants to kill off a Hulk alter for good.
    end of spoilers
    Well, Ewing indeed said several times that a lot of bad things would soon happen to the Devil Hulk and the other Hulks. I guess we can expect the worst from now on.

Spectacular Member

The father Bruce never had...

Anyone wonder if Ewing might do something drastic like literally kill off Devil Hulk in the next issue? Like pull a complete surprise on us and just kills him for good? I am beginning to wonder honestly...
    Well, in the letters page, fans have continually asked if the Hulk personalities are able to die or be erased within Bruce’s mindscape, all Al has always dodged the question... He’s obviously settling up Gray Hulk to take the reins going forward. It should be interesting.

Immortal Hulk #39 should, ideally, be an experience nobody spoils for you in advance. It's that good. It's a game-changer. Granted, if you've been really looking at the groundwork Al Ewing's been laying, none of what happens should be a surprise at this point. You might be thinking, "Would he actually pull the trigger?" And yes, yes he does. The real shock isn't that he went here; it's what will happen next.

To put a spoilery face on one item, I sure did enjoy how, in this issue, spoilers:
    Ewing finally showed us the context for the backwards quote from near the end of issue #25.
    end of spoilers

~G.

Jesus Christ. This freaking issue man, goddamn did it bring back the horror in spades.

spoilers:
    Bennett’s Leader body horror is some of his most disgusting work ever and I love it. That scene with Brian was 10x more brutal than how the absorption was portrayed in IH #0. We finally know Leader’s plan: He wants to help bring about the future we saw in issue #25, seemingly intending to become part of TOBA, and my God is he well on his way to achieving that goal. Devil Hulk is freaking toast. Banner, Jesus what a brutal torment, Leader is f****** eating him it looks like. Seeing the context to what Banner was saying back in issue 25 made my skin crawl. Leader being able to reach into Hulk’s mind and take personalities down to Hell is terrifying, although leaving Savage and Joe behind may end up being his undoing.

I gotta admit I’m torn between being seriously pissed off at Savage while also being sympathetic towards him. He was always just a child and what son doesn’t want his father’s love? No wonder Joe Fixit has to take over, Savage is probably going to have PTSD for the rest of this run. I don’t know what the hell Fixit is going to do, Hulk seems utterly f*****. Only part I’m still unsure of is did Leader simply pretend to be Worldbreaker or did he hollow him out like he did Brian? It seems he hollowed him out which damn, Worldbreaker and Devil my two favorite Hulks are KIA. That just leaves the Professor unaccounted for, I wonder if he’s dead too or if he’ll show up towards the end?
    end of spoilers

Great issue, definitely kicks off the final Act perfectly. I can’t wait for the next issue!
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-28-2020 at 03:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jesus Christ. This freaking issue man, goddamn did it bring back the horror in spades.

spoilers:
    Bennett’s Leader body horror is some of his most disgusting work ever and I love it. That scene with Brian was 10x more brutal than how the absorption was portrayed in IH #0. We finally know Leader’s plan: He wants to help bring about the future we saw in issue #25, seemingly intending to become part of TOBA, and my God is he well on his way to achieving that goal. Devil Hulk is freaking toast. Banner, Jesus what a brutal torment, Leader is f****** eating him it looks like. Seeing the context to what Banner was saying back in issue 25 made my skin crawl. Leader being able to reach into Hulk’s mind and take personalities down to Hell is terrifying, although leaving Savage and Joe behind may end up being his undoing.

I gotta admit I’m torn between being seriously pissed off at Savage while also being sympathetic towards him. He was always just a child and what son doesn’t want his father’s love? No wonder Joe Fixit has to take over, Savage is probably going to have PTSD for the rest of this run. I don’t know what the hell Fixit is going to do, Hulk seems utterly f*****. Only part I’m still unsure of is did Leader simply pretend to be Worldbreaker or did he hollow him out like he did Brian? It seems he hollowed him out which damn, Worldbreaker and Devil my two favorite Hulks are KIA. That just leaves the Professor unaccounted for, I wonder if he’s dead too or if he’ll show up towards the end?
    end of spoilers

Great issue, definitely kicks off the final Act perfectly. I can’t wait for the next issue!
    spoilers:
    No he almost certainly just put the Green Scar disguise on himself, it doesn't seem like he killed him, because he put the GS disguise before he ever even entered Banners mind

Anyway what a crazy issue, so much to process i dunno where to even begin, i mean look at all those green doors at the end, is something big coming? Honestly i am calling it now, Devil Hulk is coming back, one line solidified it for me, it's when Sterns said to him "you are still on your leash", he is gonna come back and we are gonna see Devil and the other Hulks like we've never seen before.
    end of spoilers

Also the solicitations were basically a complete throw of, I guess Al is doing that so they wont spoil us about whats going on.

Incredible Member

Also the solicitations were basically a complete throw of, I guess Al is doing that so they wont spoil us about whats going on.
    Not mostly. I mean, yes, the one from this issue was very close to a complete lie, but the King in Black tie-in as good as announced what was going to happen this issue,..