Page 80 of 147 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Yeah, It will depend on the new status quo. I believe Ewing will leave the character in a unique position considering all his story since 1962!

I just wonder what's going to be.

A bit of a spoiler (?) for Immortal Hulk #36.

It seems that spoilers:
    a Red Door is mentioned in the e-mail section!
    end of spoilers

My suspicion would be that
    spoilers:
    since the red gamma mutates also used cosmic rays, Red Door may have something to do with them.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic issue! Some pure horror stuff when Dell gets out of the tube!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Great issue, all the double-spreads made it felt shorter than usual though. Some points (spoilers if you haven't read the issue yet):

-Notice the Job quote at the beginning of the issue.
    -It made me feel really bad seeing Hulk suffer like that in the first few pages...
    -A hunch of mine came true and a specific plot point no one seems to be noticing that was mentioned by Samson, "anger" seems to be infecting everyone which is why Gamma Flight is attacking Hulk no matter what Jackie is saying to them. The One Below All is the reason for the suffering and evil in the past few issues and possibly beyond (Empyre, Venom, etc.). He's growing stronger by the issue.
    -Dunno what's the plan Absorbing Man has from turning into a giant Gamma beast. Seems ill-thought out on his part.
    -The First...Wonder what's in store next issue.
    -And the big one....The "Red Door"? Seems a bit derivative, but according to issue #34 the opposite of Gamma is Kirbons so TOAA might get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Great issue, all the double-spreads made it felt shorter than usual though. Some points (spoilers if you haven't read the issue yet):

-It made me feel really bad seeing Hulk suffer like that in the first few pages...
    -A hunch of mine came true and a specific plot point no one seems to be noticing that was mentioned by Samson, "anger" seems to be infecting everyone which is why Gamma Flight is attacking Hulk no matter what Jackie is saying to them. The One Below All is the reason for the suffering and evil in the past few issues and possibly beyond (Empyre, Venom, etc.). He's growing stronger by the issue.
    -Dunno what's the plan Absorbing Man has from turning into a giant Gamma beast. Seems ill-thought out on his part.
    -And the big one....The "Red Door"? Seems a bit derivative, but according to issue #34 the opposite of Gamma is Kirbons so TOAA might get involved.
    Great points.

Yeah, TOBA is getting stronger. Samson notes Hulk's anger/rage is "leaking", and people definitely are more aggressive.

Creel made a terrible mistake; even Leader wasn't expecting that. TOBA getting even close to our multiverse.

I was thinking about the Red Door being one that links the Below Place (the "lowest"/ultimate Hell) to other (lesser/inferior/"higher") hells. You can only access this Door if you're in the Below Place.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Immortal_Hulk_Vol_1_34

"The kirbons that the Leader references having experimented with during the Fall of the Hulks recapitulation are the same particles previously mentioned in Powers of X #5, and are revealed to be a tertiary form of cosmic radiation. A potential common source for both cosmic and gamma radiation is also implied."

So, it would be a nice nod to all the red gamma mutates and potentially open a (ouch!) door to new storyline possibilities.

Also worth noting, especially given Del Fyre's re-appearance is the idea of "spread" -- anger infecting everyone, but also how he was killing everyone around him.

"As mourners visited the grave, they were infected with Gamma sickness, and began to die as well, spreading what the locals dubbed a "Chain of Grief."

Reader's eye glow -- we've seen something like this before. Remember Green Scar on the mental plane? Sure, it could be artistic shortcut to show things being linked on panel, but it could be something more. Note at one point it's said, "What were you saying about the Hulk being more in control? I don't think anyone's in control here." More doublespeak indicating he's fighting a battle inside and out? Aside from the aforementioned gamma leakage stuff, it also points out potentially how this gets solved/worse.

If they "solve the radiation issue" -- Creel just absorbed all of it, and much like the TOBA fight, chances are Hulk will thunderclap and dissipate it. Now imagine all that gamma being spread across the country. Everyone getting angrier. It'd be Hell on Earth, eh?

EDIT: Also, note that no one is necessarily controlled, just nudged and pushed in directions.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/One_B...l_(Multiverse)

The One Below All is the source of the mutagenic form of Gamma energy,[2] and is able to possess Gamma Mutates; though it can only indwell one host at a time to directly influence people and the living world. While needing a host to directly affect the material world, It can subtly influence people and events in physical reality where and when its strongest. It can push people when they're consumed by the more negative aspects of the psyche (like making two angry bar patrons attack each other and then stab Langowski despite almost no serious buildup causing Jackie McGee to note it seeming random). Puck mentioned that it had been stroking minds and moving things around to suit its plans. It was also able to reach Brian Banner before Gamma Mutates even existed when he was able to see a Green Door and catch a glimpse of the One Below All suggesting that it might have been manipulating the events of the lives of Brian and Bruce Banner so that it would have a way of freeing itself from the Below Place years later.[3] It has also been shown seemingly being able to increase its power with the anger and sorrow of others as when Hulk was thrown in a savage rage and Jackie McGee seeing her deceased father.[12]
    Last edited by Cth; 08-12-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Another interesting (basically a confirmation) Ewing said in the mail section. Some haters will hate it

TOBA was piloting Hulk's immortal and highly adaptive body to the end of the universe. That speaks volumes.

Fantastic Member

Random stuff ---

Oh crap... recall who first experimented with infusing cosmic radiation with gamma forms.. the Leader. Eventually, he went on to become infused with it as well.

Also, it was for the purposes of bringing someone back from the dead.. Ewing really did see themes that were untouched for years.

There was that panel a while back about twin brothers -- metaphorically Sterns and Banner are just that.

In Kabbalah, there is a Red String said to ward off the Evil Eye.. just thought that was interesting.

I think in an issue a while back Brian stated that "The old goat" (presumabely General Ross) and "Your wife" (Betty obviously) had gone through the green door, and they're both red gamma mutates so the "red door" probably doesn't deal with them.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think in an issue a while back Brian stated that "The old goat" (presumabely General Ross) and "Your wife" (Betty obviously) had gone through the green door, and they're both red gamma mutates so the "red door" probably doesn't deal with them.
    Yeah, both "red Hulks" are Gamma Mutates, after all. I wonder if it's something Sterns discovered when researching about the Green Door.

Good issue but felt short on account of all the spread pages. Bennett brought the body horror in spades. I thought it was a nice touch that “Rick’s” head was turned upside down, so he was constantly speaking from “below”.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah I think that’s going to deal with Agents of TOAA, separate from Gamma Mutates.

I think red is too demonic to be related to something representing the good. I still bet it's something "evil".

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Glad the anger spreading is being touched on again. Last time I saw it was way back in #4 to trigger the Sasquatch transformation.

Fantastic Member

Spot the Sal Buscema easter egg

EfQHO29XkAEWNEI.jpg