Page 98 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2205
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Interesting little aside from Ewing's She-Hulk one-shot (and it is literally an aside, not the plot) - he strongly hints that it was Fixit (in Banner's body) who gave the blood transfusion to Jen in her origin, not Bruce...
    It's a nice nod, considering the mob is involved and it's Bruce rushing to be a tough guy hero as opposed to the nerdy anxious scientist type.

Also, isn't it great that all the evil guys have moustaches like Brian?

Another nice touch? Jen dying in the same way Iron Man was going to originally, as she was dying cursing his name

And we definitely know there's no time travel involved with Sterns..

That one shot of Brian was quite creepy..

And leave it to Ewing it somehow make the Thor/Jen relationship work.

Final thought.. Leader has one green eye and one red eye

Amazing Member

Loved the She-hulk issue.

Calling it now though. Leader's great plan is to become a stop-light. And then a Yellow hulk will break the two other lights. xD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed with this mini thus far. Hulk seems more dropped into this entire world than forged by it and in reaction to it
    This! The pacing is bad, Hulk just meets throwaway characters for a few pages that have no impact whatsoever, also i feel like the reveal at the end takes away sooooo much from Maestro's character to know that he isn't the original Maestro, diminishes the character a lot IMO.

I was hoping this Maestro mini done by PAD would actually revitalize the character, considering Maestro has been poorly utilized in recent years whenever he appeared somewhere but all PAD did seemingly so far is add to the fact that Maestro is a pretty "meh" character. Which he certainly didn't feel like in the original Future Imperfect, it's unfortunate because i dunno is it because PAD has lost his touch in his old age or if Maestro really never was anything special or cool to begin with we just got led on to believe he was.

The series is a complete waste of time, wasted opportunity, everything important or cool happened off-screen that we will never get to see and Maestro isn't even special or unique in any way, he feels like a guest in his own book, i thought after the lackluster first issue the pacing and the series would pick up but it actually become worse somehow, if this continues this might be one of the most boring and let down origin stories i have ever read.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 09-24-2020 at 12:14 AM.

BANNED

The Immortal She-Hulk on the other hand was a great read IMO, Ewing really has a good grasp on what he wants to do with the gamma powered beings, immortality and all that. It ties up Jens various deaths over the years perfectly into all of it and just further elevates just how much of a threat Leader has become now.

Immortal She-Hulk was a good comic but it lacked that “oomph” factor of the main series. Wasn’t much body horror or “horror” in general really. I did enjoy how supremely f****** up it is that Jen was going to Heaven until Bruce inadvertently damned her by saving her life. I do hope Jen shows up again in Immortal Hulk, maybe towards the end?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

ISH was great, no doubt. It deserved better art, though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Interesting little aside from Ewing's She-Hulk one-shot (and it is literally an aside, not the plot) - he strongly hints that it was Fixit (in Banner's body) who gave the blood transfusion to Jen in her origin, not Bruce...
    Psychologically, that makes sense. Joe’s personality gave Bruce the mental toughness he needed to handle the stress of the situation without getting upset enough to transform into the savage hulk, which would have made things worse, since Bruce’s medical knowledge and intelligence was needed over Brute strength.

Perhaps Joe was one who even put the idea of giving Jennifer a blood transfusion in Bruce’s mind in the first place.

BANNED

Juggernaut might win but atleast Hulk is getting some good hits in
    81550696_136098047379092_2124424226256958836_n.jpg

jugg2020002006_col-002.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This! The pacing is bad, Hulk just meets throwaway characters for a few pages that have no impact whatsoever, also i feel like the reveal at the end takes away sooooo much from Maestro's character to know that he isn't the original Maestro, diminishes the character a lot IMO.

I was hoping this Maestro mini done by PAD would actually revitalize the character, considering Maestro has been poorly utilized in recent years whenever he appeared somewhere but all PAD did seemingly so far is add to the fact that Maestro is a pretty "meh" character. Which he certainly didn't feel like in the original Future Imperfect, it's unfortunate because i dunno is it because PAD has lost his touch in his old age or if Maestro really never was anything special or cool to begin with we just got led on to believe he was.

The series is a complete waste of time, wasted opportunity, everything important or cool happened off-screen that we will never get to see and Maestro isn't even special or unique in any way, he feels like a guest in his own book, i thought after the lackluster first issue the pacing and the series would pick up but it actually become worse somehow, if this continues this might be one of the most boring and let down origin stories i have ever read.
    Future Imperfect was f**king great, sorry. Maestro is bad ass.

The problem is that he works only as a foil to Hulk/Banner. To any other character, he's just a hammy super tough guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Future Imperfect was f**king great, sorry. Maestro is bad ass.

The problem is that he works only as a foil to Hulk/Banner. To any other character, he's just a hammy super tough guy.
    Yea the more i think about it the more i realize that Future Imperfect was great precisely because it was it's own self contained story where the main protagonist and antagonist are both the same character, this is why Maestro worked so well.

It is unfortunate that even Peter David is unable to expand upon that, which is why this Maestro mini falls flat. It's both boring, directionless and disappointing in it's reveal, i still can't believe PAD would make such a dumb idea to make another character before Hulk the Maestro, especially Hercules of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Sort of.

Even prior to the Green Scar there had been a 'Gravage' Hulk running around for some time. Essentially he became the Green Scar on Sakaar, kind of how Joe used to be just Gray Hulk, but eventually took on a more distinct identity in Joe Fixit (He was distinct from Savage and Banner originally of course.)
    Yeah, generally the mid-1960s Hulk is often referred to this too, before he went full "Hulk smash" around the time he got his own title back instead of the Astonish serial.

Also when Banner is reconstituted into Hulk during the Milgrom run, he talks a lot like this too very briefly, although maybe it's an early emergence of "Joe" before he settles on the Gray body in the next issue. Although Vision was in there too so maybe that was some weird influence.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So I guess Ross wasn't dead after all, but pulled the LMD trick again. Guess the Red Hulk in the Gamma hell was just a phony. I don't follow Captain America as closely as Hulk so I apologize if I'm a bit behind
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So I guess Ross wasn't dead after all, but pulled the LMD trick again. Guess the Red Hulk in the Gamma hell was just a phony. I don't follow Captain America as closely as Hulk so I apologize if I'm a bit behind
    Or he died and came back. We saw his body in the Carnage crossover, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    Juggernaut might win but atleast Hulk is getting some good hits in
    81550696_136098047379092_2124424226256958836_n.jpg

jugg2020002006_col-002.jpg
    juggernaut is a villain, he doesn't deserve to win.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    juggernaut is a villain, he doesn't deserve to win.
    Not like Hulk is a saint himself