Page 72 of 147 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Unfortunately, Immortal Hulk didn't win the Eisner again. Well, being nominated twice is achievement, and I'm sure, specially from what the book is going the next year, that has a big chance to being nominated again!

Anyway, I could be happier if Daredevil, which is the second best book by far, had won...Instead of another indie book I've never heard in my life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    October 2020 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #38
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    He’s been chained. He’s been suppressed. He doesn’t even know if he’s real.
    But something is reaching through the Green Door. It wants to hurt Bruce Banner. And when you hurt Banner...
    ...the DEVIL HULK takes it personally.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #39
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    Some time ago, an outside force entered Bruce Banner’s system.
    The Devil says it’s the Green Scar. The Green Scar says it’s the Devil. Maybe they’re both right...or both wrong...
    ...but only one of them can be the IMMORTAL
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Some massive things are gonna happen and I don't think anyone is prepared.
    You can say that again! I cannot wait to see what surprises and revelations that Al Ewing will give us! I honestly think neither Green Scar or Devil are to blame for what's transpired, but that someone or some thing is pulling the strings. You can bet that it has to do with The One Below All and The Leader. We've got a TON of Hulk comics coming out in October! Immortal Hulk #38 & 39, Maestro #3 and Juggernaut #2! It's gonna be quite a SMASHING Halloween season for us fans!
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 07-26-2020 at 03:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    MAESTRO #3 (Of 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA & DALE KEOWN (A) • Cover by DALE KEOWN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

WHO KILLED THE WORLD?

The Hulk meets the Maestro—and it’s not who you expect it to be. And when a band of rebels tries to recruit the Hulk to fight beside them, his answer sends shock waves through Dystopia. This world will never be the same…and neither will the Hulk.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The synopsis of this issue intrigues me. It makes me wonder if this will reimagine or reinvent Future Imperfect and the Maestro character completely, updating him for the modern era. If so I'm really, really, really, REALLY hoping they make him into an Elite-level threat as he should rightfully be. By the way, anyone else notice Old Man Rick holding the Ultimate Nullifier behind hid back?

[QUOTE=GreenScar1990;5067862]The synopsis of this issue intrigues me. It makes me wonder if this will reimagine or reinvent Future Imperfect and the Maestro character completely, updating him for the modern era. If so I'm really, really, really, REALLY hoping they make him into an Elite-level threat as he should rightfully be. By the way, anyone else notice Old Man Rick holding the Ultimate Nullifier behind hid back?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was the first thing I noticed!

THE IMMORTAL HULK COMMISSION-COVER RECREATION ISSUE# 307-MIKE MIGNOLA

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    The synopsis of this issue intrigues me. It makes me wonder if this will reimagine or reinvent Future Imperfect and the Maestro character completely, updating him for the modern era. If so I'm really, really, really, REALLY hoping they make him into an Elite-level threat as he should rightfully be. By the way, anyone else notice Old Man Rick holding the Ultimate Nullifier behind hid back?
    Of course, but the first thing that came to mind was that the Maestro is really Rick based on the solicits.

It'd be why he kept all the hero artifacts/trophy room so to speak.. seeing so many of his heroes die and surviving probably caused the guy to snap. So much that he's considering using it against the Hulk who's confronting him on the cover. Something causes him to lose his memory by the time we catch up to Future Imperfect -- either through someone manipulating his brain or him having a stroke or some such. It makes FI creepy in retrospect with Rick in his trophy room. As far as FI goes, who'd know the most about the Maestro's defenses than the "original Maestro". Is he trying to pay back Future Hulk for taking away everything?

Speaking of snapping, seeing his oldest friend Rick being at the center of everything could be something that causes Bruce to snap and become the "new Maestro".. retreating psychically or giving himself over to the others who revile in their new freedom. Basically I'm trying to think of what could affect Bruce so much to "go away" and become the Maestro. I can't see radiation as the sole cause. And consider elderly Rick's confrontation with Maestro being the ultimate conflict between the two.

By David HarperJuly 27, 2020

In this week’s episode of Off Panel, writer Al Ewing returns to chat about his busy dance card at Marvel and beyond. Ewing discusses where he’s at in Immortal Hulk, how Alex Ross’ covers guide his work, the hammer issues, the political tones and anger of the book, continuity, what he’s going for in Guardians of the Galaxy, unifying cosmic Marvel, structure in superhero comics, how different co-writing Empyre has been versus other co-writing projects, his upcoming BOOM! series We Only Find Them When They’re Dead, why he wanted to go creator-owned, why BOOM!, karaoke faves, and more.

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...with-al-ewing/

By David HarperJuly 27, 2020

In this week’s episode of Off Panel, writer Al Ewing returns to chat about his busy dance card at Marvel and beyond. Ewing discusses where he’s at in Immortal Hulk, how Alex Ross’ covers guide his work, the hammer issues, the political tones and anger of the book, continuity, what he’s going for in Guardians of the Galaxy, unifying cosmic Marvel, structure in superhero comics, how different co-writing Empyre has been versus other co-writing projects, his upcoming BOOM! series We Only Find Them When They’re Dead, why he wanted to go creator-owned, why BOOM!, karaoke faves, and more.

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...with-al-ewing/
    Damnit I’m so behind on my podcasts, gotta make time for this one.

Kind of interesting that Ross draws Joe in basically his Vegas getup while in the comic "Sunshine" Joe seems to favor sunglasses and hawaiann shirts (and also an occasional mustache).

I'm also sort of picking up a sort of "Fredo Corleone" kind of tone from the character, although one that's more competent. I kind of hear John Cazale's voice.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Have you guys listened to the podcast? Ewing mentions Guilty Hulk not being on the cover.

Another thing is that Merged/Professor wears glasses. While he did occasionally in the comics (Such as in the start of the War and Pieces storyline, which I think was actually intended as a Superman Joke-Keown even drew the Hulk's hair with the S-curl!) it seems like it's also a slight nod to Mark Rufallo's Endgame version who wore glasses for a good chunk of the earlier parts of the film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Lots of discussions about what's happening here!

Any similarities?

Fantastic Member

Any similarities?

Depends on when it happens.. if it's around the teleporter, absolutely.

It could also be a beam to energy forcing a change between forms.

I'd like the exile angle though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Depends on when it happens.. if it's around the teleporter, absolutely.

It could also be a beam to energy forcing a change between forms.

I'd like the exile angle though :P
    Me too! I bet it's gonna happen something like that.

The questions are: what's the nature of the supposed exile? Done by who?

I believe we still have no idea on what the Green Door/TOBA/Below Place can do; where they can lead one to.