Page 114 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2205
    Fantastic Member

Something to note..

Wasn't cosmic radiation established as the opposite of Gamma radiation? A whole lot of cosmic radiation characters showing up all of a sudden.

Wonder what it means for characters like Red Hulk who are a mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Something to note..

Wasn't cosmic radiation established as the opposite of Gamma radiation? A whole lot of cosmic radiation characters showing up all of a sudden.

It’s come up before in this thread. Definitely expecting it to play a role with the Thing and the U-Foes showing up. I’ve been wondering if Ewing will have Hulk get infected with cosmic radiation to balance out the gamma as a way for him to overcome TOBA’s influence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Something to note..

Yea, i wonder if Ewing will establish that Cosmic radiation is something that comes from TOAA, while gamma comes from TOBA.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea, i wonder if Ewing will establish that Cosmic radiation is something that comes from TOAA, while gamma comes from TOBA.
    He's been hinting at it since the opening of #24 with the flashback to galactus and the origin of the hulk and fantastic four not to mention the leader saying they may share a common origin when creating red hulk

BANNED

Juggernaut #2 and Maestro #3 were very good. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Cain getting dominated and outright pummeled by Devil Hulk was really enjoyable. Cain didn't even win. He just hit Devil with everything he got while a powerful gamma weapon was used against Hulk until they got the containment unit over him... which didn't contain Devil for long as he smashed out of it and told all of them the cold, hard truth of the matter.

Maestro #3 finally shows us what happens when we get to see Hulk go full-on Maestro, locking himself up in a lab for months, and creating his Dogs of War to use against those that did not wish to follow him. I feel that the last two issues of this mini, along with the upcoming mini-series MAESTRO: WAR & PAX, will be a vast improvement over the first 2 issues.

All in all, there's a lot of great stuff coming our way for Hulk in late 2020 and into 2021.

BANNED

BANNED

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Chase Magnett from Comicbook.com, about this week's issue:

Ordinarily, I look beyond superhero comics for Halloween thrills, but The Immortal Hulk #39 and John Constantine: Hellblazer #11 are two of the most chilling issues I've read in years.

Masterful design work and storytelling in service of unnerving and hellish visions.

https://twitter.com/ChaseMagnett/sta...227477511?s=20

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

where's the leaks at

Mighty Member

So, everyone talks about the great writers for Hulk, PAD, Bruce Mantlo, etc. but what are some lesser known issues/runs on Hulk that were decent?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, everyone talks about the great writers for Hulk, PAD, Bill Mantlo, etc. but what are some lesser known issues/runs on Hulk that were decent?
    Mantlo's name is Bill, not Bruce.

Roger Stern's run from Incredible Hulk 218-243, plus annuals 7-8.
    Paul Jenkins run on Incredible Hulk 12-32 (series started as Hulk in 1998)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Don't forget Pak as well, although his post-Planet Hulk stuff is kind of variable.

Yeah a lot of Ewing's stuff is based on Paul Jenkin's ideas on Banner's mindscape. He's also the creator of the Devil Hulk of course, although his DH was written more as an outright villain (Although this might've just been Banner's mind literally playing tricks on him). Also the idea of the Hulk personas rotating, although in that case it was because Banner was dying.

Although a lot of fans aren't too fond of the Duggan/Doc Green run, I think it was kind of a bit of fresh air after the really bad Jason Aaron and Mark Waid stuff. Basically it undid a lot of Loeb and Pak's Hulk family stuff, although Ewing has pretty much reversed a lot of that, especially in regards to "Rick" and Betty. Plus I'm a fan of Bagley's work

Jeff Parker also wrote some good stuff for Red Hulk and She-Hulk, which unfortunately hasn't really been followed up on apart from General Fortean.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Duggan was worse than Aaron and Waid for me. Bleh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Duggan was worse than Aaron and Waid for me. Bleh.
    I disliked Duggans run and the whole Doc Green stuff but i didn't find it insulting like i did Aarons run at least Duggan had some idea/direction i didn't personally agree with but he had something, Aaron literally ignored not only most of Hulks history, he straight up contradicted Paks run that literally came before it which ended with Hulk and Banner basically coming to terms with one another and then immediately after in Aarons run they fell apart for no reason only to end up back together in the end as if nothing changed lol. Not to mention to this day that run had by far some of the worst artwork of not just a Hulk comic book, but comic books in general

The whole thing was so bad and the fact that Aaron planned to do so much but was cut short is literally the only good news from that run.

Waid run was just meh, they gave Hulk to a guy that did an interview one year prior to doing Indestructible Hulk where he was asked which character in Marvel he is least interested in writing and he said Hulk... So why they give the run to him i have no idea, other than maybe he owed a favor to an editor or they just forced him as his employers because no one else was available. Luckily he didn't do any reversible damage to the character, his run was mostly just meh... Although he almost did retcon Hulks origin by trying to make it seem like Tony was responsible for the creation of Hulk, luckily he didn't go all the way and pretty much everyone just ignored the fact that Tony had anything to do with Hulks creation.

Variant Cover for Immortal Hulk #39

Last edited by Kolwyr; 10-27-2020 at 03:06 PM.