Page 103 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2205
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know why he bothered with that development. It's not like Marvel will permanently kill off Banner any way.
    Because its a thread with which to tie in the One Below All.

And Marvel is unlikely to kill any major character long term. But we suspend disbelief anyways, and they help by not making it explicit

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Under PAD, Bruce/Hulk edged himself back to life after some dangerous scrapes.

Under Ewing, Hulk comes back from the dead like almost on a daily basis.

Little different
    Again. Things change with time.

Before Mantlo and PAD (specially) there was no DID, no Merged Hulk, Fixit and Savage as different personalities from a fractured mind. These things are natural parts of the character now. Before Jenkins, there was no Guilty or Devil and a even more fractured mind. Ewing used everything and made it even better.

This is a groundbreaking, epic era for the Hulk. Big elements from it will stay and, eventually, will be used by other writers sooner or later. My opinion, though.

True, though I don't see the whole 'inability to die' lasting past Ewing
    I'm not referring to the Immortal part. I'm just thinking this particular version of the Hulk doesn't care much for the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not referring to the Immortal part. I'm just thinking this particular version of the Hulk doesn't care much for the Avengers.
    No version of the Hulk cares very much for the Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Again. Things change with time.

Before Mantlo and PAD (specially) there was no DID, no Merged Hulk, Fixit and Savage as different personalities from a fractured mind. These things are natural parts of the character now. Before Jenkins, there was no Guilty or Devil and a even more fractured mind. Ewing used everything and made it even better.

This is a groundbreaking, epic era for the Hulk. Big elements from it will stay and, eventually, will be used by other writers sooner or later. My opinion, though.
    Some things change with time.

The need for dramatic tension does not.

Without the threat of death, Hulk loses tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    No version of the Hulk cares very much for the Avengers.
    True. And, of course, He's too powerful for them, anyway.

Immortal Hulk is #1 from Must Read Comics Top 100 Comics

The site aggregates thousands of critic reviews from across the internet.Second, every issue, graphic novel, and series is rated ★ to ★★★★★. Third, every series is rated 0% to 100%, averaging 50%.

How did it get to its first month at #1? Immortal Hulk earned ★★★★★ status in all seven of its volumes, and its late-2020 issues put it over the top. Ewing and Bennet, alongside Jose, fully committed to the horror of actually living life as the Hulk. Despite a long history, this take on Bruce and his alter ego is long on expressiveness and introspection and filled with action, as evidenced by its pinnacle, issue #24 The Steel Throne. It also has the highest percentage of ★★★★★ issues of any series of its length. For over two years, every issue has delivered a quality read. Even the covers depicted by the iconic Alex Ross are spectacular. Take the opportunity to catch up on this all-timer.

https://mustreadcomics.com/features/top-100-25-to-1/

Some things change with time.

The need for dramatic tension does not.

Without the threat of death, Hulk loses tension.
    Guess superhero comics haven't had tension for thirty years then.

There is more than way to do dramatic tension.

Ultimate Member

Guess superhero comics haven't had tension for thirty years then.

There is more than way to do dramatic tension.
    Again, it's suspension of disbelief. It's been frayed greatly, but still exists. Hulk walking through death's door like a takeout diner undermines that

Again, it's suspension of disbelief. It's been frayed greatly, but still exists. Hulk walking through death's door like a takeout diner undermines that
    Again, death isn't the only stake. There has been plenty of tension in this series without death. If anything it's more tense without the threat of death, because Ewing can focus on threats he might actually follow through on.

And there are things worse than death.

Immortal Hulk has almost 40 issues, and there's no lack of tension at all. It will get even worse.

I believe other talented writers have the same skill to write great elements with the elements introduced on this run.

Ultimate Member

Again, death isn't the only stake. There has been plenty of tension in this series without death. If anything it's more tense without the threat of death, because Ewing can focus on threats he might actually follow through on.

And there are things worse than death.
    Ewing's story clearly has a time limit. That's why he's leaving around 50. And I'd bet good money he's closely the Green Door behind him. Not everyone is as skilled as him, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Are We getting a Phoenix She-Hulk?

Ewing's story clearly has a time limit. That's why he's leaving around 50. And I'd bet good money he's closely the Green Door behind him. Not everyone is as skilled as him, after all.
    I doubt it. From his very first interview, Ewing has made clear He wanted to fundamentally change and add to the character's mythology. He stated that, when it's over, there'll be all these new elements for future writers to play, much like what happened with PAD's run. The Green Door, his origin (and the Gamma Power) tied to it and TOBA are now fundamental aspects of the Hulk. If people want throw it away after his run, it's their problem.
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 10-05-2020 at 01:23 PM.