Page 11 of 147 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    That was probably one of the best TP resistance feats Hulk has ever gotten. Diablo was completely unable to control an angry Hulk, despite controlling at the same time Surfer, Thor, Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, IronMan, Namor, Captain, Valkyrie, Captain America. In fact the comic went out of its way to explain why he is unable to control the Hulk, which was a good explanation and it reminded me of the explanation that was given when the In-Betweener struggled to control the Hulk in Longshot saves the Marvel universe.
    That's refreshing. I'll have to read book.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #280

“Alone in a Crowd!”

Cover Date: February 1983
    Sale Date: November 9th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Andy Mushynsky
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Bereet
    Villains: Jackdaw and the Leader
    Synopsis: Fresh off the celebration of his Presidential Pardon, a tired Hulk is shocked to find his hotel filled with curious reporters. They pester him about his future plans until Banner’s had enough and throws a fit. They momentarily panic, but remember that Banner is still in control. He relents and a while later finally manages to relax. Rick enjoys reading some fan mail while Bruce laments about the lack of privacy he’s having. Bereet hides him in her special bag and casually exits the hotel just as Rick opens up a postcard from Betty. Outside the window, we see the familiar form of Jackdaw spreading a mysterious pink dust on the patio. Meanwhile, Bruce and Bereet manage to find a nice quiet restaurant to dine in – until the headwaiter arranges a colorful meal and invites several reporters. Banner loses his patience and destroys the dining area, with a startled Bereet behind him. He stomps his way across town, and over the course of the night, Banner and Bereet embrace and kiss. Sunrise comes, and they arrive back the hotel and stumble into the Leader’s indestructible Humanoids. The mindless drones make off with Rick and Bereet, while Banner struggles in his attempt to rescue them. A holographic image of the Leader declares his intentions on seeing the new Hulk in action and tells him that he will be waiting aboard his orbiting ship…
    Commentary: The Hulk and Bereet?!?! Ok, sure, it worked for Professor X and Lilandra for a while. Here’s a new wrinkle in the intelligent Hulk’s life; the anger + strength doesn’t seem to be working here. Banner is struggling against the Humanoids, sweating! The old Hulk was never portrayed that way, so we’ll see how this new development is handled.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Is Immortal Hulk one of the weakest Hulk incarnation? It seems like his skin is not as durable as other Hulk incarnations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    Is Immortal Hulk one of the weakest Hulk incarnation? It seems like his skin is not as durable as other Hulk incarnations.
    No he is one of the stronger ones, his skin is fine, it was established in Immortal Hulk that even adamantium mounted on a hydraulic arm capable of bending titanium like paper has trouble cutting through him, the thing is the series focuses a lot on gore and that's also Joe Bennetts art style, so you see Hulks skin getting hurt a lot and think it's weak but in reality whatever has hurt him would have hurt pretty much any other being on his level like Thor or Superman, except the 2 of them can't heal like Hulk so in their cases it would be likely fatal.

New to the forum. I haven't read a comic in few years,but I have heard great things about Immortal Hulk and I was lucky enough to find Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 AT HPB. Can't wait to to get at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No he is one of the stronger ones, his skin is fine, it was established in Immortal Hulk that even adamantium mounted on a hydraulic arm capable of bending titanium like paper has trouble cutting through him, the thing is the series focuses a lot on gore and that's also Joe Bennetts art style, so you see Hulks skin getting hurt a lot and think it's weak but in reality whatever has hurt him would have hurt pretty much any other being on his level like Thor or Superman, except the 2 of them can't heal like Hulk so in their cases it would be likely fatal.

Those attacks he get every time are designed to either kill Hulk or hurt him badly.

I read the Immortal Hulk one-shot: Great Power and I enjoyed it. I liked seeing Hulk/Banner and Spider-man be featured together. The Fantastic Four and Loki were nice additions as well. It was heart-warming to see Bruce remain with Spidey as he changed and then for Spidey to do the same for Banner.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I read the Immortal Hulk one-shot: Great Power and I enjoyed it. I liked seeing Hulk/Banner and Spider-man be featured together. The Fantastic Four and Loki were nice additions as well. It was heart-warming to see Bruce remain with Spidey as he changed and then for Spidey to do the same for Banner.
    It was a great issue bro!. I like their chemistry together instead of fighting both got along. I want to see a team up between both of them in future

Spectacular Member

It was a great issue bro!. I like their chemistry together instead of fighting both got along. I want to see a team up between both of them in future
    I think they’re setting up a future team up for Bruce and Peter to happen in the “Empire” event down the line. Something tells me it’ll be an “all hands on deck” situation.

But this was great issue. It was great to see my two favorite characters actually develop a bond, especially since they’ve both been mistakenly treated as a threat within the superhero community countless times, as well as dealing with bottled up anger and endless guilt.

I hope this continues in the future. There’s been way too much in fighting between the marvel heroes in previous years.

Agreed. I also like how Banner was surprised by Spidey's science knowledge. Hulk being aware of Spidey's identity was a nice touch too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

1111.jpg

Some new pencil art from Joe.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This issue was my #2 favorite for the week, just behind X-Men/FF 1. If Lemire were to be announced as the new writer when Ewing leaves, I would not be mad at that announcement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This issue was my #2 favorite for the week, just behind X-Men/FF 1. If Lemire were to be announced as the new writer when Ewing leaves, I would not be mad at that announcement.
    Are you talking about Immortal Hulk Great Power? That wasn't written by Lemire, but Tom Taylor and personally i would want him to stay as far away from Hulk as possible lol.

It's interesting that the Hulk and Spider-Man's first meeting was also the first appearance of the Green Goblin. Norman's first plot was a bit silly though-basically use the offer of a movie to trap Spider-Man.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Xemnu looks pretty creepy in the previews. Honestly hope he gets reasserted as the world ending threat he used to be, capable of enthralling the entire planet.