Page 120 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2205

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's the same writer who killed Ross off in the first place.
    If it was someone else who decided to bring him back, it'd be bad, someone who decided to not respect what the other guy did, but the same writer who killed him off decides to do that? That's so much worse...

Like, I can understand that suddenly talking about Green Doors to explain how Ross is back can be rather awkward, even look like an asspull for people who aren't aware of what's going on in Immortal Hulk, but it could still be used in a vague way, in some way, but nah, editors can't be bothered to do their job... Which only makes me believe more that they're like Santa Claus.

Mighty Member

What does LMD mean?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What does LMD mean?
    Life Model Decoy, basically Doombots, but mostly used for "Hah, I wasn't the one who got killed there, it was an LMD!" kind of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If it was someone else who decided to bring him back, it'd be bad, someone who decided to not respect what the other guy did, but the same writer who killed him off decides to do that? That's so much worse...

Like, I can understand that suddenly talking about Green Doors to explain how Ross is back can be rather awkward, even look like an asspull for people who aren't aware of what's going on in Immortal Hulk, but it could still be used in a vague way, in some way, but nah, editors can't be bothered to do their job... Which only makes me believe more that they're like Santa Claus.
    The fact that it was Coates both on the death and the return makes it seem likely to me that it was always the plan that he wasn’t dead, and nobody bothered to tell the Hulk office.

Hi all. I’m thinking of do a read through starting with the Byrne relaunch from 1999.

What is the consensus of this era for Hulk?

I see that the current omnibuses for Immortal Hulk are paperback. I’ve never collected in physical any Marvel stuff before, do you guys know how long it usually takes them to get hardcovers out? I want this run in physical hardcover omnibuses.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Hi all. I’m thinking of do a read through starting with the Byrne relaunch from 1999.

Nothing short of amazing. Feels like the PAD era of quality

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I see that the current omnibuses for Immortal Hulk are paperback. I’ve never collected in physical any Marvel stuff before, do you guys know how long it usually takes them to get hardcovers out? I want this run in physical hardcover omnibuses.
    There's already hardcover collections of IH, like this: https://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Hulk...dp/1302919652/

Actual omnibus' don't come out until a couple years or so after a particular run ends.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The fact that it was Coates both on the death and the return makes it seem likely to me that it was always the plan that he wasn’t dead, and nobody bothered to tell the Hulk office.
    Editors look bad either way then lol.

it's awful until paul jenkins shows up then it's ok
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    There's already hardcover collections of IH, like this: https://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Hulk...dp/1302919652/

Actual omnibus' don't come out until a couple years or so after a particular run ends.
    That’s what I figured thanks. I’ve got limited shelf space so I try to get the larger collections. Just going to hope we won’t have to wait too long for a hardcover omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And this is why they shouldn't have let the Captain America writer use non-CA characters.
    Might be also because the movie Ross has been distanced from the Hulk as well, although reportedly there are plans to put him in She-Hulk along with possibly Ruffalo.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

If you're referring to the 1999-2008 volume, the Bryne stuff is kind of forgettable (He did the writing and left the art mainly to Ron Garney, who continued under Jenkins), then the Jenkins run is pretty good if a bit iffy in parts and introduced characters that would be important later such as Ryker and of course, Devil Hulk. It also retconned PAD's merged Hulk, which fans disagreed with (as well as David himself) revealing it was just an "Ideal" Bruce/Hulk that Samson created instead of Grey/Savage/Bruce in one mind.

The Bruce Jones run received a highly mixed response (although it had some pretty nifty covers!), and generally it's been retconned away as some kind of mind games/dream. Peter David sort of corrected the course a bit with a short run, and then we had the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk storyline which was legendary. It started with a prologue with Daniel Way and then the epics by Greg Pak.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-02-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    If you're referring to the 1999-2008 volume, the Bryne stuff is kind of forgettable (He did the writing and left the art mainly to Ron Garney, who continued under Jenkins), then the Jenkins run is pretty good if a bit iffy in parts and introduced characters that would be important later such as Ryker and of course, Devil Hulk. It also retconned PAD's merged Hulk, which fans disagreed with (as well as David himself) revealing it was just an "Ideal" Bruce/Hulk that Samson created instead of Grey/Savage/Bruce in one mind.

The Bruce Jones run received a highly mixed response (although it had some pretty nifty covers!), and generally it's been retconned away as some kind of mind games/dream. Peter David sort of corrected the course a bit with a short run, and then we had the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk storyline which was legendary. It started with a prologue with Daniel Way and then the epics by Greg Pak.
    Thanks. I’m about half way through Byrne’s portion. Honestly. It’s not great but I am kind of enjoying its simplicity. Cant wait to get to Jenkins and Jones’ run interests me.

I own planet hulk ( Love it) and have read all of Pak’s run.

When does Jones’ run get retconned away?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Thanks. I’m about half way through Byrne’s portion. Honestly. It’s not great but I am kind of enjoying its simplicity. Cant wait to get to Jenkins and Jones’ run interests me.

I own planet hulk ( Love it) and have read all of Pak’s run.

When does Jones’ run get retconned away?
    It happens on PAD's "Tempest Fugit" story arc starting with Incredible Hulk #77.