Page 123 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2205

Yeah, have a point there. Green Scar also seemed to be one of the personas that didn't necesarilly have a trigger like anger/stress or nightfall like some of the others did, but one that Bruce used mostly at will.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Immortal Hulk #41 Joe Bennett variant

Marvel Contest of Champions' Immortal Hulk | Marvel 101

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...ulk-marvel-101

Entering Marvel Contest of Champions: Hulk (Immortal)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...-hulk-immortal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Marvel Contest of Champions' Immortal Hulk | Marvel 101

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...ulk-marvel-101

Entering Marvel Contest of Champions: Hulk (Immortal)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...-hulk-immortal
    Marvel is apparently getting a lot of hate over this since they made him weak as hell in the game lol. Reading all the comments under this tweet is kinda funny ngl.

https://twitter.com/MarvelChampions/...73575722573828

Seriously though it's just a mobile game, they suck anyway and are designed just to milk you of your money.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Marvel is apparently getting a lot of hate over this since they made him weak as hell in the game lol. Reading all the comments under this tweet is kinda funny ngl.

Seriously though it's just a mobile game, they suck anyway and are designed just to milk you of your money.
    How is he weak though?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    How is he weak though?
    I don't play the game so i don't know but going through the comments apparently he kills himself or something?? And can't do any of the later stages of the game.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, have a point there. Green Scar also seemed to be one of the personas that didn't necesarilly have a trigger like anger/stress or nightfall like some of the others did, but one that Bruce used mostly at will.
    I think the triggers for specific hulks depends on their relationship with Bruce. With Green Scar, I believe his transformation is a combination of will power and Anger, as there were many times in Pak’s run where it’s clear that Anger is the reason that Green Scar emerged( the very end of WWH after Meik attacked Rick, for example). The trigger is what ever Bruce wants it be. He’s even done this with Gray Hulk before(#376, Bruce gets angry after Betty,Marlo and Rick all yell at him together, and his body starts to transform into Gray Hulk; unsuccessfully even though it’s daylight.

Now that Bruce and Joe are on the same page currently, the switch between them is effortless. I wonder if it’ll stay that way once Joe gets his hulk form back.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    I can’t see Green Scar willingly working with the leader at all. What would he possibly gain from it? All the hulks know that the Leader can’t be trusted. And Green Scar and Bruce are more mentally in sync than the other personalities. So offering to get rid of Bruce wouldn’t be sufficient motivation. Especially now that Bruce’s system has been more unified then ever in this run.
    I got the impression from #39's flashback that the Green Scar who'd been seen since #32 wasn't the true Green Scar, and he wasn't even the Leader possessing the Green Scar, but rather just the Leader, who'd found his way into Banner's mind via one of the Green Doors, and decided to wear the visage of one of the personalities who was, by that point, "missing."

If that's the case...where's the REAL Green Scar?

For that matter, where's the Merged Hulk, aka the Professor?

Could be those answers are all entwined. Not only that, but maybe they're hiding in plain sight.

Remember that per PAD the Merged Hulk was exactly what the name implied: a forced gestalt of all the extant personalities at that point: Banner and the grey and green Hulks.

Think about how the Merged Hulk remained until Banner was removed from the gestalt thanks to Onslaught, and how the remaining 2/3 of the personalities could be thought to remain together as the so-called "Gravage" Hulk, which Al Ewing has acknowledged by name on his Twitter feed (and, perhaps, on the letters page?). Not only that, I believe Greg Pak has acknowledged it's this same version that went through "Planet Hulk"/"World War Hulk" and came to be known as the Green Scar.

What if the Gravage/Green Scar Hulk and the Merged/Professor Hulk aren't in Banner's mind because they're fusions of the core personalities, not personalities of their own? (In other words, Angela Lipscombe was wrong, and so was Doc, during Jenkins' run.)

What if the key to getting out of this whole mess with the Leader is for the two remaining personalities in Banner's mindscape to put aside their differences and re-form the TRUE Gravage/Green Scar incarnation...?

Just a thought...

~G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, Peter David did it long before in his run. Most of the beats in Ewing's run were at least alluded to under PAD.

When Banner got back from the Heroes Reborn 'verse, he was sent to a hell with Maestro and Leader before returning (and Maestro himself reviving).

After the introduction of the merged Hulk, when dealing with the Pantheon, Hulk observes that there will never be world peace so long as there are humans on it.

And, of course, Hulk's supernatural ability to see astral forms.

Peter David's Hulk always edged the super natural, but Banner's demons were mental.

Under Ewing, they're literal

PAD and Ewing's Hulks are two different creatures, but PAD was the one who really paved the way in terms of tone and themes, IMO
    Huh, wasn't aware of those things, shows how much I know lol.

Thanks for clearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not to mention, this run specifically points out that Green Scar and Professor are the most heroic Hulks, so making GS willingly become Leader's bitch after saying that is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Wonder how many games have Hulk actually being good though, I think he was awesome in Ultimate Alliance 1, saw some people saying he was among the broken characters in UA2, but never saw anything that puts him in Jean's/Thor's/Fury's level, or even Songbird... But yeah, sucks if he's weak there.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash! View Post
    I got the impression from #39's flashback that the Green Scar who'd been seen since #32 wasn't the true Green Scar, and he wasn't even the Leader possessing the Green Scar, but rather just the Leader, who'd found his way into Banner's mind via one of the Green Doors, and decided to wear the visage of one of the personalities who was, by that point, "missing."
    The question is though, how would Leader even know that Green Scar is missing? The flashback from IH#34 indicates that's the first time he actually went to that hell by himself, and the continuation from that scene in IH#39 shows him transforming into Green Scar to explain TOBA how he'd "take Bruce's system apart".

Then again, fact he speaks with familiarity could explain how he knows that, since he says "Once I'm in his mindscape, I'm the strongest there is", though that could also be him being arrogant.

If that's the case...where's the REAL Green Scar?

For that matter, where's the Merged Hulk, aka the Professor?
    Amadeus wondered about them in IH#26, I used to think Devil did something to them, but that seems to be unlikely now... Only Hulk that Devil seems to have a reason to repress is SE one, and that one is too dangerous.

There's also the matter that Joe is depowered, and neither Bruce or Joe know why, so something is clearly up with Bruce's mindscape, and I don't think Leader is the one doing that.

Could be those answers are all entwined. Not only that, but maybe they're hiding in plain sight.

Remember that per PAD the Merged Hulk was exactly what the name implied: a forced gestalt of all the extant personalities at that point: Banner and the grey and green Hulks.

Think about how the Merged Hulk remained until Banner was removed from the gestalt thanks to Onslaught, and how the remaining 2/3 of the personalities could be thought to remain together as the so-called "Gravage" Hulk, which Al Ewing has acknowledged by name on his Twitter feed (and, perhaps, on the letters page?). Not only that, I believe Greg Pak has acknowledged it's this same version that went through "Planet Hulk"/"World War Hulk" and came to be known as the Green Scar.

What if the Gravage/Green Scar Hulk and the Merged/Professor Hulk aren't in Banner's mind because they're fusions of the core personalities, not personalities of their own? (In other words, Angela Lipscombe was wrong, and so was Doc, during Jenkins' run.)

What if the key to getting out of this whole mess with the Leader is for the two remaining personalities in Banner's mindscape to put aside their differences and re-form the TRUE Gravage/Green Scar incarnation...?

Just a thought...

~G.
    Hm, if Leader is aware of that, it does explain how he knew that Green Scar would be gone to use his form... Would be weird to make both Green Scar and Professor into merges though lol.

Great to see Gyrich on IH!

And that last panel with Joe is amazing! Can't wait to see the new Sasquatch too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Huh, wasn't aware of those things, shows how much I know lol.

Thanks for clearing up.

Not to mention, this run specifically points out that Green Scar and Professor are the most heroic Hulks, so making GS willingly become Leader's bitch after saying that is just weird.

Wonder how many games have Hulk actually being good though, I think he was awesome in Ultimate Alliance 1, saw some people saying he was among the broken characters in UA2, but never saw anything that puts him in Jean's/Thor's/Fury's level, or even Songbird... But yeah, sucks if he's weak there.

The question is though, how would Leader even know that Green Scar is missing? The flashback from IH#34 indicates that's the first time he actually went to that hell by himself, and the continuation from that scene in IH#39 shows him transforming into Green Scar to explain TOBA how he'd "take Bruce's system apart".

Then again, fact he speaks with familiarity could explain how he knows that, since he says "Once I'm in his mindscape, I'm the strongest there is", though that could also be him being arrogant.

Amadeus wondered about them in IH#26, I used to think Devil did something to them, but that seems to be unlikely now... Only Hulk that Devil seems to have a reason to repress is SE one, and that one is too dangerous.

There's also the matter that Joe is depowered, and neither Bruce or Joe know why, so something is clearly up with Bruce's mindscape, and I don't think Leader is the one doing that.

Hm, if Leader is aware of that, it does explain how he knew that Green Scar would be gone to use his form... Would be weird to make both Green Scar and Professor into merges though lol.
    Based on the previews of next week’s issue, I think we’re definitely close to getting another fusion of Gray and Savage Hulk soon.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Hmm. Look at Hulk's eyes. Different shades/intensity of green. Probably reflecting the current mental status quo?

The way Joe is drawn with his longer hair and beard is reminding me a lot of actor Steven Ogg (GTA V, Walking Dead, Better Call Saul etc) Also the coloring of the mindscape gives him a slight grey hue, wonder if that's intentional.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-13-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

I wonder why Joe no longer looks like a 1920's gangster and instead looks like a character from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.