Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2205

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You make him sound so "one note".
    Just because the Character is grimmer doesn't mean he's one note. Anymore than positive character one note because they don't dip into tragedy. Yet there's this constant call to brighten up the darker side of the MU. Ii happen to like the darkness.

I swear, it's the reverse of the 90's. Happy Hulk is like Superman with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Finally, the Immortal Hulk #41 preview!

https://www.gamesradar.com/immortal-hulk-41-preview/
    Guess this pretty much confirms that thin Hulk is Savage.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Guess this pretty much confirms that thin Hulk is Savage.
    I think that savage and Joe are both sharing the hulk body, while Joe is solely in control of Bruce’s body. Basically, Al’s version of the “ Gravage “ hulk. I’m guess, Savage’s personality took over once Ben hit them. After the fight ends, Joe will take over and go puny, forcing Ben and him to sit down and talk in a reverse of the PAD issue where they went to a bar and aired their grievances with each other.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    He wont be given a choice, Abomination will attack him and because of his handicap he will lose against him, Bruce's death is gonna give Jen the motive and anger to beat Blonsky at the end.

You're making a lot of assumptions though. What makes you think he'll be killed?

He's probably mainly there to give Jen the blood transfusion.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I can think of a lot of uses for the Hulk that don't require fighting.
    Then there wouldn't be any point in using Hulk. Fighting and struggling are an inherent part of the character.

They sure know how to hype things up, but kinda fail short on delivering on that hype. PAD is unfortunately past his prime and every decision he makes regarding Maestro has been disappointing... like i still can't believe he had Hercules be named Maestro first it makes no sense and does not fit Hercules whatsoever...
    It makes sense actually. Now Maestro isn't so random.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 12-12-2020 at 06:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    You're making a lot of assumptions though. What makes you think he'll be killed?

He's probably mainly there to give Jen the blood transfusion.
    Cause there isn't anything else for his character to do in the future and considering they retired Captain, Ironman, Widow. There is no reason for a 1 arm, pacifist Hulk to be hanging around in Marvel doing nothing really. It's a perfect opportunity to kill of the character. And hopefully start of fresh in 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    It makes sense actually. Now Maestro isn't so random.
    How does it make sense? Why would a jolly, drunken, brawler like Hercules call himself Maestro? This doesn't make it less random, it makes it more random, we never got an explanation for why Hercules chose that name. With Hulk it made sense since he had Banners genius brain so he cracked and decided to rename himself into something that actually fits the character. The name Maestro does not fit Hercules at all, if it was Leader or Doom who first called themselves that i could see it but Hercules calling himself that makes as much sense as Colossus or Thing calling themselves that.

Wonder if Roth will be in his human form. Although Blonsky in the comics is mostly 'stuck' as the Abomination there's still been one or two times he's been cured I think.

Ultimate Member

How does it make sense? Why would a jolly, drunken, brawler like Hercules call himself Maestro? This doesn't make it less random, it makes it more random, we never got an explanation for why Hercules chose that name. With Hulk it made sense since he had Banners genius brain so he cracked and decided to rename himself into something that actually fits the character. The name Maestro does not fit Hercules at all, if it was Leader or Doom who first called themselves that i could see it but Hercules calling himself that makes as much sense as Colossus or Thing calling themselves that.
    To be fair, the implication was that Herc was addled somehow. He might have just picked a classical name that invokes leadership, to separate himself from his hero past and dead comrades.

Frankly, its a shame we never actually see that. PAD seems to be rushing to a conclusion while giving pointless shout outs to his past works (the bugs, Hulk getting his neck broke) vs. exploring what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, the implication was that Herc was addled somehow. He might have just picked a classical name that invokes leadership, to separate himself from his hero past and dead comrades.

Frankly, its a shame we never actually see that. PAD seems to be rushing to a conclusion while giving pointless shout outs to his past works (the bugs, Hulk getting his neck broke) vs. exploring what happened.
    Yea but the name Maestro does not fit him, he could have used some name that invokes power or force or strength, but instead he picked a name that invokes intelligence and strategizing, a name that's most commonly given to musical virtuosos. That name makes sense for someone like Maestro, hell he even made some musical puns before, but with Hercules it's completely out of the left field.

Yea that's one thing that irks me a lot about PAD nowadays, he keeps rehashing the same stuff over and over instead of giving us something new and interesting but also that makes sense. Those bugs appearing for a few seconds was pointless, mentioning that he got his neck broken is pointless(unless he further develops this but i doubt), having Hercules slam Hulk, Loki style was also the 3rd time i have seen PAD use that move. Like we get it dude, you watched and liked the first Avengers movie, can we do something different? Something new and original?

Cause there isn't anything else for his character to do in the future and considering they retired Captain, Ironman, Widow. There is no reason for a 1 arm, pacifist Hulk to be hanging around in Marvel doing nothing really. It's a perfect opportunity to kill of the character. And hopefully start of fresh in 10-15 years.
    They didn't kill Cap off. At this point Bruce is retired without actually needing to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Roth will be in his human form. Although Blonsky in the comics is mostly 'stuck' as the Abomination there's still been one or two times he's been cured I think.
    The few times they mentioned him in AoS (dubiously canon as that is) they implied he's been frozen in a deep SHIELD lab, so I assume he's still stuck in Abomination form. It was kind of the whole point of him transforming himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They didn't kill Cap off. At this point Bruce is retired without actually needing to die.
    They didn't, but he has been left in a different timeline where he grew up very old, so basically he might as well be dead, they found a way to retire him for good.

But leaving Bruce being retired while also in Hulk form, makes it super weird, speaking as a Hulk fan the best they can do for the character is kill him.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

They didn't, but he has been left in a different timeline where he grew up very old, so basically he might as well be dead, they found a way to retire him for good.

But leaving Bruce being retired while also in Hulk form, makes it super weird, speaking as a Hulk fan the best they can do for the character is kill him.
    Nah. They will most likely retcon hulk. Remember they said they're gonna make Mark Rufallo look younger. Hulk might not even show up. It might just be Bruce banner making a small appearance.

I remember Rufallo mentioning something about Banner mentoring the younger generation of heroes which sounds like an interesting use of his version of the Hulk.

Also, this is the MU we are talking about, let's not act like people are going to like him or he will be fully accepted in society just because he has Banner level intellect as the Hulk now. Half the population on earth was gone during the period Professor Hulk became a hero. I can imagine all sorts of lawsuits being brought against Banner just because he chose to bring everyone back in the then present instead of preventing the snap from happening in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember Rufallo mentioning something about Banner mentoring the younger generation of heroes which sounds like an interesting use of his version of the Hulk.

Also, this is the MU we are talking about, let's not act like people are going to like him or he will be fully accepted in society just because he has Banner level intellect as the Hulk now. Half the population on earth was gone during the period Professor Hulk became a hero. I can imagine all sorts of lawsuits being brought against Banner just because he chose to bring everyone back in the then present instead of preventing the snap from happening in the first place.
    True, though that makes me wonder who knows what with regards to the Snap.

As grateful as the world might be that everyone's returned, you'd think that some governments might take issue with the fact that the Avengers almost enabled an even greater tragedy. And does the public at large even know who Thanos is?

Apart from King in Black and the next issue of Immortal, Wednesday also might see the return of the Red Hulk in Captain America.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Maestro variant by Ryan Stegman