Page 140 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2205

Quote Originally Posted by Warstory View Post
    I guess I'll be the dissenter. I've loved everything about Ewing's run, except his portrayal of the Savage Hulk. From the dialogue to the constant crying, and now he just wants to play with toys. Ugh. There's a difference between childlike and and actual child, and that's where he loses it for me. I think it removes a ton of complexity from the character. This wasn't a problem early on when he barely appeared, but it's been so prominent now that i can't just ignore it. Ah well.
    I don't care much for it, either, but I think it's on purpose to an extent. I think he's regressing or devolving, for lack of a better word.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Warstory View Post
    I guess I'll be the dissenter. I've loved everything about Ewing's run, except his portrayal of the Savage Hulk. From the dialogue to the constant crying, and now he just wants to play with toys. Ugh. There's a difference between childlike and and actual child, and that's where he loses it for me. I think it removes a ton of complexity from the character. This wasn't a problem early on when he barely appeared, but it's been so prominent now that i can't just ignore it. Ah well.
    I'm gonna have to agree with this, I mean I know he's the childlike Hulk but he's not a literal child. I didn't even realize this until this issue, the constant crying is starting to irk me.

BANNED

So we're not gonna talk about Red Hulk's return?
    19.jpg
    Anyways I wonder if he'll show up in Immortal Hulk, probably not since there's like 9 issues left (supposedly)

Fantastic Member

If anyone wants to blast some Greg Lake like Joe Fixit did in the KiB issue, heres the song! Specifically at 2:07 is when he plays it

https://youtu.be/yfY4b1NszpY

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    19.jpg
    Anyways I wonder if he'll show up in Immortal Hulk, probably not since there's like 9 issues left (supposedly)
    Nah, we ain't gonna talk about it.

Arrow

19.jpg
    Ah, I prefer him without the facial hair in Hulk form. But otherwise, seeing him again was nice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I don't care much for it, either, but I think it's on purpose to an extent. I think he's regressing or devolving, for lack of a better word.
    I agree.

Too humble fair to Ewing we haven't had a proper Savage Hulk for decades now, at least not in a long term run.

BANNED

19.jpg
    There is not much to talk about, Coates screwed up the IH stuff by never communicating with his editors that Ross was never dead to begin with, which makes some of the IH issues and the Carnage tie-in really awkward now.

So nah, there is nothing to talk about and we wont see Ross in IH, since he was intended to be part of the Shadow Base arc but because he was supposedly dead we got his underling instead as the main villain, so that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    There is not much to talk about, Coates screwed up the IH stuff by never communicating with his editors that Ross was never dead to begin with, which makes some of the IH issues and the Carnage tie-in really awkward now.

So nah, there is nothing to talk about and we wont see Ross in IH, since he was intended to be part of the Shadow Base arc but because he was supposedly dead we got his underling instead as the main villain, so that ship has sailed.
    To be fair I think we Fortean ended up fitting the story better than Ross would've. Still annoyed at Coates though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    To be fair I think we Fortean ended up fitting the story better than Ross would've. Still annoyed at Coates though.
    I personally disagree, in fact i think that whole arc was the weakest part of IH.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    As long suspected, Bruce Banner is the "Job" of the MU, made to suffer until the the end. Kinda puts into perspective how much of an a-hole TOAA is to make him suffer for the no reason, even though his chosen favorite is Franklin Richards.
    Yep, that's exactly it, now it makes a lot of sense why Metatron(the voice of God) appeared in front of Bruce Banner and asked him what he will chose now.

TOAA has been testing Banner, he is letting TOBA do horrible things to him, but to what end? Why? Just to play out the Job story of letting Devil test out one of his children to see how far he can push him before he breaks?

This raises more questions than it answers, but at least now we know for sure TOAA will appear before Bruce at some point, probably when he is at his lowest low.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah the crying was great during the Hell arc (“Hulk always hurt” broke my heart) but I must admit I’m not the biggest fan of savage being a complete child.
    That being said, I really enjoyed the KiB tie in. Ewing is a master at tieing in to events. I wonder if these will be collected in the inevitable omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    That’s an interesting hypothesis, now that you mention it. I wonder if it’s intentional as well. Like, maybe the more that Joe matures and evolves, the more that Savage hulk regresses psychologically. It’s also telling that there are more instances of Savage Hulk crying when his personality is in the mindscape, while he’s either being beaten or mistreated in the real world.

That’s why I’m more and more convinced that one of Al’s goals with this run is to get Bruce and Savage Hulk to a point where they’re not defined by the trauma of Brian’s abuse. The abuse is mentioned or alluded to more times than in previous runs, so there has be some kind of huge payoff to that. Al could be breaking Savage Hulk down to build him back up again. But Savage Hulk has to heal emotionally and mentally before that can happen. Perhaps Bruce’s mom will talk to him and give him emotional closure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ah, I prefer him without the facial hair in Hulk form.
    Really? Once his identity was revealed, there was little reason for him not to have a mustache IMO.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

19.jpg
    Can't say I care much about "Rulk". Except as Hulk's punching bag.